1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Show me what you got! (For the holidays)

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Basil, Dec 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you get (or give) any gifts you want to show off? Post em here:

Despite me telling them not to get me anything, My team got me a bottle of bourbon, and more importantly what may be my new favorite mug.

A5DF130F-6214-40D8-9F70-C9F34F0FA886.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Love Love x 4
  2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got this from Slotomania (Playtika, CETs online presence)
    upload_2020-12-23_8-31-22.png
    Have no idea what I'm gonna do with it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. northerngirl

northerngirl High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even when my daughter was a toddler, she couldn’t stand waiting until Christmas to give you a gift. That hasn’t changed. She gave me this handmade coffee mug with a picture of my doodle imprinted on the cup. 0EF597A0-F0C4-49CD-A13B-E4E6B8C11DB4.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 6
    • Wow! Wow! x 2
  4. AlwaysUpForFun

AlwaysUpForFun VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @northerngirl I love that mug! Do you think your daughter would mind sharing where she got that mug. I would love to order one for my husband's birthday in February.

5. northerngirl

northerngirl High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    https://etsy.me/3aB5ehx Here is her Etsy site. She also has her Instagram account if you contact her on there it might be easier. Her name is Chelsey Wingness, Lakewoodceramics.

• Love Love x 1
  6. northerngirl

northerngirl High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Love Love x 1
  7. mescalita

mescalita old and in the way...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sigh. I guess I’ve been extra naughty this year...

upload_2020-12-23_12-38-42.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  8. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We got a visit from one of the wiseman the morning after Jupiter merged with Saturn .....not sure it was just a coincidence..... 12991227-0E6B-4A3D-8965-C2E5E5892DBF.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  9. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another gift from Playtika!! Now I know that I spent too much money with them . . . . .
    upload_2020-12-23_15-57-31.png

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for that, our puppy is 14 and while in good health now, my wife would love this.

As for the question at hand, I received two out of three, working hard on the last one: understanding.

• Like Like x 2
  11. HOUtoLAS

HOUtoLAS High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Landry’s got me filet steaks delivered to my front door on dry ice. Now that is better than previous years of a Tillman book set and some engraved glasses or something.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  12. SMG

SMG VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bought myself a couple of early Christmas presents this year. I figured that I needed to splurge this year considering that I couldn't go to Vegas and spent much of my time at home due to the pandemic. I upgraded to the new iPhone 12 ProMax last month so I have 5G and the cameras on the ProMax are very good. It has 3 cameras onboard, a wide-angle, ultra wide-angle, and a 2.5x optical zoom. It's one of the few smartphones that also has a Lidar scanner that can scan objects and your surroundings in 3D, as well as assist in autofocusing in low light when shooting photos/videos.

A few weeks ago, I bought a new 3D Printer which is something that I wanted to get into for a couple of years now. I decide to get an Ender 5 Pro made by Creality and they sell them on Amazon. Their Ender series are good for hobbyists who like to modify, upgrade, and tinker with their machines. I was thinking of ordering a Prusa which is also a popular brand, but it ships from the Czech Republic and I didn't want to wait that long for shipping. A lot of the components, firmware, software, etc. are open source, so you're also not tied into buying components from the parent company. I've printed a few items and it's been working pretty good so far. I believe @dmr is into 3D printing too so I'm not the only one on the board with one of these.
    Ender5Pro1.jpeg Ender5Pro2.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 3
  13. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice! My wife has an Ender 3 Pro... and that's the extent of my knowledge :) She enjoys it, although it seems like a large part of what she prints out are items to add to the printer so it can do more things :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How's about homemade cookies from my sister in Wisconsin!

XMAS-Cookies.jpg

• Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 6
  15. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    C8B7CA80-7320-4FE0-8904-250E3408467A.jpeg BDAE4059-0CB1-4EC4-89F6-B7E213403EFE.jpeg My garden gifted me with many, many bountiful vegetables ever since I started doing it earlier this year. Here are some that I harvest almost daily:

• Like Like x 11
    • Love Love x 2
  16. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have the Prusa I3 (not really sure of the sub-model and too lazy to pull it out and look - what am I doing up this early on a day off?) and I love it, although over the past month or so I really haven't printed much with it. I really don't have the space to keep it set up all of the time, so I keep it in a hall closet and bring it out to the kitchen when I do something with it. It prints flawlessly!

The time to get one (I ordered it during the early days of the pandemic) was not the shipping time but I was on a waiting list for about 2 weeks. Once it shipped it was only a few days to get here.

The Creality has a good reputation but I've never used one. I went with the Prusa mainly because a friend and (now retired) cow-orker has one and could coach me through the assembly and set-up.

You mentioned 3d scanning. I'm fascinated by it but never really done it. I'm into photography and figure I could do photogrametry of solids if I would just get the software and climb the learning curve. I did take a crash course in 3d scanning over at Do Space (our local "Maker Cooperative") and they have a very nice 3d scanner that you can use. One of those in the class let the instructor scan her face with it, actually sat still with her chin on the platform as he did it, and after some point matching it came out quite realistic.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Santa brought me a @deansrobinson nutcracker! :beer: :D

20201225_080016(1).jpg

Merry Christmas, folks! :santa: :wave:

RICHARD and family

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  18. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I joined a wine club last year and my 6 bottle cooler just wasn’t going to cut it so hubby got me this one! I bought my dad and step mom a big one a few years ago but it is really big. This one will fit nicely in the home office.

9637FFF8-6E25-4035-936D-A352E98B2D82.png

Happy birthday to me!
    • Like Like x 8
    • Love Love x 1
  19. nancyf

nancyf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband and I do not exchange gifts however, he said Santa left me something under the tree --- I love it but have to get it resized. IMG_20201225_131055422.jpg

• Love Love x 11
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    3F035728-884B-4759-9E34-408509D7DE57.jpeg Look what I got!!:woohoo:

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.