1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest first (for me)

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by jpw711, Nov 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have (had) a trip, both one way bookings, in Jan to LV from Tulsa that were both nonstops.

I received an email from them changing the flights, that didn't look like the normal email you get from them and it's subject line was "COMPLEX RE-ACCOMODATION". This email was for the outgoing flight, which they changed to a TUL - STL - LAS flight, which I'm not to interested in as I don't really want to fly back over my house in Missouri to STL. (I live halfway between them). No where does it say I can change the flight within 3 days for free.

I didn't receive an email for the return flight, so I logged in and say it was LAS-ABQ-DAL-TUL with something like 8 hours of travel time. It doesn't even show up in the schedule as bookable, and the earliest one can get to TUL from LAS is 6:00 PM now.

So today, I get a call on my cell from "SOUTHWEST" and thought this is a scam but answered it anyway.

Turns out it was an agent calling about that return flight, wanting to know if she could change it to the flight connecting in Dallas skipping ABQ. I asked her if she could look at the outgoing and just change them both to STL instead of TUL because they have nonstops.

So she did, asking which non stop I wanted. She made a comment that the computer wanted more "points" for the outbound flight, but your A-list so she'll waive them. (I'm A-list due to CC Spend, I haven't flown since Feb)

Thought that was nice customer service.

No reason to go home yet.
    • Like Like x 10
    • Wow! Wow! x 2
  2. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are very accommodating but I think they throw it out there to see what’s out there.
    We’ve not had a problem reverting your the old schedule, except once; they had eliminated it.

3. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Am I correct to assume you have a Jan Vegas trip booked?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are very accomodating when schedules change.

#1 Advice when you get such emails, or notice it yourself without emails: Go online and look at all the flight options and pick what YOU prefer. Most times, you can make the change yourself. Other times you have to call in.

Getting a change of cities (STL vs Tulsa) has to be done manually, but as you see, they will often work with you.

Disclaimer to others (not the OP) : When you call in and start raising hell, telling them how stupid they are - well, you may not get any help at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. thebeachbum

thebeachbum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As it should be.

Need a good trip this time
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is what was so strange about it this time, the emails didn't give me the option to change, just "if you have questions, call the service desk" with no number given. And I agree, you can catch more flies with honey....

@JeJas I have a Jan vegas trip booked, but I may end up at the Beau Rivage on one of their free charters on the same dates. Just depends on current conditions a few weeks out. I bought the tickets to Vegas when they were dirt cheap (ie 85 each way) back in the summer knowing points reset on Jan 1st and that it would be time to start earning status again.

• Like Like x 1
  7. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    THIS is odd; I have had numerous flight changes this year (not surprising...) & I could change them to ANY open flights that day for NO point/price difference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It may be odd but it is not unusual. :)

9. Lord Suspect

Lord Suspect High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, you need to watch Southwest like a Hawk now days when you get an email. I had them change two different trip flights on me, once in Spetember for my Turkey day trip and once in October for my Presidents Day trip. Each time they scratched my non stop flight and tried to get me to accept a non logical connections flight. The 1st time I had to call, due to not readign email correctly. The second time I could log on and change my flights myself due to quick response by me on clicking and changing same day they sent email. Burried in email was a statement I had 3 days to change my flights myself up to 14 days b4 or after my originall flight.

10. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    might have had something to do with changing origination airport.

11. skybank

skybank High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes for a June trip this year, they changed my flight from MDW nonstop to LAS to a MDW to somewhere on the east coast then LAS.
    I was like how does this make sense?!? MDW is a huge hub and why would I fly to the east coast to go West, needless to say I just rebooked for the
    non stop they should of changed me to in stead of that one.

12. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This sounds like when Southwest cancelled many of their flights to Vegas when Covid hit. I had booked a friend a SFO-LAS roundtrip on Southwest & when they cancelled his 1-hour non-stop flights they rebooked him on something like SFO-DEN-AUS-LAS on the outbound, which was ridiculous. I wound up cancelling his trip and getting a refund from Southwest.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  13. cjcjcj

cjcjcj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah some of the rebookings are head scratchers.

We had one booked out of MDW(we live in Iowa but sometimes drive there first instead). It rebooked something like MDW-DAL-DEN-LAS WTH!

14. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had similar experience with Southwest.
    It cancelled my LAS-HOU flight, and put me in a LAS-SLC-HOU plus several hours extra wating.
    The stupid thing is they have a next direct flight still available at the lowest price.
    I can take that flight with 2 more hours in Vegas, and arrive 2 hours earlier at HOU.
    Don't understand what their algorithm is doing.

15. Lord Suspect

Lord Suspect High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just had another change on my Presidents day trip, they eliminated the last nonstop out on the Friday b4 Holiday, so I am now flying out on Saturday. Saturday still had one nonstop left

16. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty sure it tries to match departure time. This would have least impact on someone potentially connecting from another flight, SW or other.
    Though most would likely prefer the closest non-stop slot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.