1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Getting to Vegas from Canada

Discussion in 'Coronavirus in Las Vegas' started by JRRestoule, Sep 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

[TENTATIVE Late Jul/Early Aug] Vegas by way of Chicago/Elko/Reno!
  2. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/snowbirds-canada-u-s-border-drive-winter-travel-covid-19-1.5810104
    "New business ventures help Canadian snowbirds circumvent a closed U.S. land border" "In response, several transport companies have come up with new ways to help snowbirds — and their cars — cross the border. "

I hope they know we're running out of TP down here:D

4. JRRestoule

JRRestoule VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can personally confirm that it is a $10,000 fine for not adhering to the quarantine rules upon returning from out-of-the-country travel. Yes, ten-thousand-dollars. A relative of mine just received this fine a couple days ago.

• Wow! Wow! x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. jeanf

jeanf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Holy jeez, they actually got the 10k fine? How did the gov't find out they broke quarantine, nosy neighbour? We're finished quarantine this Friday, and it's honestly been no big deal, considering the lousy weather lately, and we've been pretty much quarantining since March anyways except for a few trips locally and Muskoka. We got 2 emails and an automated phone message so far from the gov't, but no 'real person' has called. Being in vegas for 2 and a half weeks definitely was worth it and took away the travel itch...for now. So if you decide to travel, go away for as long as possible to justify the quarantine.

6. JRRestoule

JRRestoule VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know all the details, but I heard she didn't quarantine. She also had her children at home the night she got back then brought them to school the next morning. I think that's what got her "caught" as it is a very small community and people knew she was out of the country. But I'm not exactly sure, I just know she got the fine which I imagine put a damper on things.

7. JRRestoule

JRRestoule VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are Canadians required to quarantine when arriving in the USA via airplane?

8. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, only when we get back, if you get back by car then you dont have to

9. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    don’t you still have to self quarantine but no hotel?

10. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea, @Gaggles did that and mentioned lots of testing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Finished my current quarantine yesterday and got me a first shot of Pfizer this morning. No side effects so far.

I Like to Drink and Gamble
  12. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In order to fly you currently have to get a Covid test within 72 hours of the departure of your flight coming and going. Shoppers in Alberta is doing them for $150 and gets them to you within 48 hours or so. the 72 hour window starts from testing time. I found a place in Vegas that will do them for $120. Prices may have changed since February in Vegas. Shop around. They can go as high as $400. if you flight is late, you do not have to worry about the 72 hour window being exceeded as they will still late you board. However, I would pad the test time by a few hours within the 72 window just in case. Information has been wildly inconsistent within the airline industry although the rules have been seemingly the same since February.

Prior to boarding, you will have to produce the lab result on your phone in email form. You cannot take a picture of it. They want to see the actual email. If you do all of that, your flight will be seamless.

Where the quarantine is concerned, so much of Canada has been shut down, it barely matters that we have to quarantine as there's nothing to do. I am not regretting a single trip I have taken or the 4-5 quarantines I have been stuck doing.

13. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And another FYI. Westjet cancelled my direct flight to Vegas on June 30 out of Calgary todfay and they are not booking anything until July 5th. I suspect that July 5th will see a significant easing reduction in travel limitations and the timing of that date is purposeful and not arbitrary. However, that is just my hunch and I have no scoop on information that would support this. Just a hunch.

And yes, I did re-book a flight for June 30th already. I will not be denied my vacations!!!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    An associate of mine that us currently accessing flights in Canada stated that a Westjet pilot was in a good mood because all of his co-workers received notice this week that they are going back to all routes full time on June 15. We shall see.

This does not explain why my flight for June 30 was cancelled????

• Like Like x 1
  15. JRRestoule

JRRestoule VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info! I knew about the testing each way, the quarantine and the government hotel upon return to Canada, but I wasn't sure about rules while entering into the US. Happy to hear there is no requirement to quarantine when going. I am beyond tired of the lockdowns and am thinking of jumping through all the hoops and heading to Vegas this summer. I know things can and most likely will change but wanted to get my thoughts in order to try to plan something.

16. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting as Westjet canceled all the Aruba flights until November.

17. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I came THAT close to pulling the trigger on a flight in July (past weekend). Getting extremely antsy....

18. JRRestoule

JRRestoule VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's making these lockdowns and most likely another extension on the current lockdown even worse is seeing how Vegas is mostly back to 100% and already back to pre-pandemic levels of visitors.
    Watching all the YouTubers doing their livestreams is the only thing I have to look forward to right now lol
    I think a summer trip would be worth the headache of travelling. I'm definitely leaning in that direction.

19. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am checking flights and prices lately getting ready to try and eek something out. Initially I was thinking Sept for us. However, I am now more leaning towards Oct. As long as we are fully vaccinated we are going at some point this fall. Period.

20. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had rooms and some flights booked starting last May, July and Sept, then Oct and Dec and Feb this year. Each one came and went and got cancelled. Was hoping for July, but now thinking maybe Sept when most who will get the shot will be fully vaccinated. For the sake of 2 months, I would rather avoid the testing/quarantine song and dance if possible. I have a trip booked for New Years which I will go no matter what.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.