1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Great Offer Adventure 2: The Search for More Money, 10/18-?, CZR/TLC/Boyd/?

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Tarpie, Oct 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarpie

Tarpie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Day 09, Mon 10/26, Work, VP, Market St. Cafe Dinner, Craps

Another day, another eight hours and a turkey wrap in my favorite XX48 room at the Cal. After work I went downstairs to "pay" for my room. The room cost $300 of VP losses today...seems a little steep for the Cal :)

There was an anxious crowd waiting for Market St to open at 5:00 but I had my soup in front of me by 5:08. I think it was some kind of cheesy potato.
    IMG_20201026_170832.jpg

I tried to charge a glass of wine to the room. The cocktail server asked me if I knew how to do that because she didn't :rolleyes2: So no comped wine for me. If they just put it on your check like a normal restaurant things would be easier.
    IMG_20201026_171851.jpg

Went for the prime rib and it was actually pretty good this time. A little on the thin side, but moist. And this time I even tried the dessert. It was good but I'll ask them to take it easy on the cherries next time.
    IMG_20201026_172011.jpg IMG_20201026_173640.jpg

After dinner I took a stroll around Fremont St. They had some kind of fictional space ship display accompanied by Dr. Who music, but definitely not Dr. Who visuals. Kind of neat looking.
    IMG_20201026_181423.jpg

And on day 9 of my trip I finally succumbed to the craps table. Almost three hours of play cost $100, and a bunch of that was tips.
    IMG_20201026_212812.jpg

I finally had time to update my spreadsheets and count cash on hand. There was a $1,600 discrepancy :( I doubt I tipped $600 to cocktail servers in eight days so I'm guessing $100 was "lost" to tips and $1,500 made someone's day. :mad: Self-owns are the worst owns.

Status: Down $600 cash on vp. No quarter royals (80k hands). No dollar royals (34k hands).
    Up next: Work, VP, Chicago Brewing Dinner, Craps, Circa Eve

• Like Like x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  2. Tarpie

Tarpie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The filet sliders are great (you don't remember every single meal from my trip reports?!? The sliders are in there somewhere :D). I have not had the garlic knots. Their fries and cowboy bites are addicting, and they have great ranch for dipping. I still need to try their burgers and regular pizza (and garlic knots).

• Love Love x 1
  3. Johnzimbo

Johnzimbo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At the rate you drop or lose cash I may just follow you around for a few days :)

Annual me and Pete
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Tarpie

Tarpie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, this was re-evaluating how much I dropped at Bally's on Saturday. That day I thought I had dropped $500 or $1,000, but turns out it was $1,500. (Money was kept in $500 bundles).

• Wow! Wow! x 5
  5. poidawg

poidawg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ugh...reminds me of the time I was cashing out of Poker at Binion's (it still had WSOP so a long time ago), it was 2 or 3am, nobody around and I'm walking up to the cashier. Out of nowhere some scuzzy guy sidles right up next to me, bends down to tie his shoe and then scurries away. I mention it to the cashier, WTF was THAT?!, while she counts out my chips, she shrugs. Only later did I remember I had been stashing loose $100 bills in my pocket during my session (paper played) and they must have fallen out when I pulled out my wallet. I lost a lot less than you did, but frequently fantasize about stomping on that guy's hand if I had a do-over :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Tarpie , I'm so sorry that happened to you. Thinking about it creates a sick-making feeling and it never improves. I was once pick-pocketed a couple of hundred and I still feel like crap when I think about it.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  7. rex2

rex2 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you taking little notes throughout the day as you put these wonderful TRs together? I can barely remember what I did yesterday.

8. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey man, with your 400 day updates, altogether, it is hard to keep track at some point! LOL

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. BlueBellThunder

BlueBellThunder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is everything ok? No posts in days.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wondering the same myself

11. cg123

cg123 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't blame him if he fizzled out with this. Its been an epic TR run since his first one started in what, late July/early August??

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. BlueBellThunder

BlueBellThunder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You may be right. But some of us live vicariously through there TR’s. I just hope everything is alright with Tarpie, and work is very demanding of his time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed. Just ultimately want to make sure he's ok.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.