1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pre-Turkey Day Birthday Switcharoo Trip

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Kachow, Nov 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kachow

Kachow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Good evening VMB, I’m taking a break from packing with Mrs Kachow to go ahead and get this report started. After our last trip in July, our next trip was originally scheduled to be for New Years as a birthday present to me as My birthday is Christmas. My wife asked as one of her birthday presents this year if we could go visit her parents where they winter in Gulf Shores Alabama for Christmas instead and of course I had to oblige. I actually really enjoy my in-laws I think more than most people do, but I did also bargain this trip to Vegas that we embark on tomorrow. Her birthday is in early October, so this trip isn’t actually on either of our birthdays but it sort of feels like a birthday trip anyways and besides, who needs an excuse to go to Vegas? I’ll lay out some preliminary ideas of what you can expect out of this trip below, and then we can get the trip started in earnest tomorrow.

flights: nonstop OKC to LAS tomorrow at 1:20pm and returning Thursday 11/19.

accommodations:
    First three nights @ Cosmopolitan, checking out Monday. We are staying on a comp offer that I generated from our last trip, but I also paid to upgrade to the wraparound suite which seemed a very reasonable price and it’s what we stayed in last round at Cosmo and we loved the room.

Monday we check into a One Bedroom Lakeview Suite at Bellagio. Haven’t stayed in that room type before, but I snapped it up on a hell of a deal a month or two ago (about $3-400 a night cheaper than I have ever seen it before) and so we are excited to try that room type.

Activities: tickets to Absinthe Sunday night. We’ve never seen it before and are very excited to try it. We are considering checking out one of the other recently opened shows as well. I really wish the Cirque shows had restarted or Le Reve was running as well but they are not yet. Mrs Kachow wants to do some shopping as well so probably hit up Fashion Show Mall and Forum Shops.

Dining: I have reservations for several dinners and we are doing a fairly heavy Italian lineup this trip with a couple of our faves plus some we haven’t tried before. Reserved so far in no particular order are:
    Joe’s Steak & seafood at Forum shops (first time for us)
    Costa Di Mare at Wynn (my favorite)
    Lago (Mrs Kachow’s favorite)
    Carbone (first time for us)
    Jaleo (this one is a maybe for us but we have reservations, haven’t eaten here before and we generally cancel at least one reservation per trip and I would bet this would be the one)
    Brunch at Bardot Brasserie (new for us)
    Also if you read my last trip report you know I will eat Pok Pok wings at least twice while at Cosmo. Everything else dining wise is up in the air.

gaming: We will probably mostly play Slots while at Cosmo, maybe some roulette. We will also be playing a good bit of blackjack, although last trip I didn’t like that you had to be playing $50 min at the lowest to get a decent game at either Cosmo or Bellagio so the blackjack is more likely to be played during the daytime at places like Caesars or possibly Cromwell.

That’s all for now. I will do my best to update regularly, and will likely update you all tomorrow either from the airport or when we arrive in Vegas.

Also, check out how mad Willy is that we are packing and he knows that means we are going on a trip. Miniature Schnauzers are extraordinarily skilled at the art of emotion blackmail. This one actually studied under his older brother, who is currently skulking on our bed. 6C28DCB0-8A6B-49E8-8785-EBB61A7358DC.jpeg

• Like Like x 15
    • Love Love x 6
  2. RTCraft

RTCraft Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds great!

We just booked Absinthe for New Years Day so I’m intrigued to see your opinion on how it is. We’ve never seen it either.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  3. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awwww Willy.....sad pupper :(

Have a great trip. I sure miss Cosmo.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Poor Willy. We used to have to pack in the front bedroom when our dog was asleep. If she saw the suitcases she would pout for days.

Happy birthday to me!
    • Love Love x 3
  5. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck , nice restaurant selection.:peace:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Kachow

Kachow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One thing about Oklahoma, we have some of the prettiest skies at sunrises and sunsets. EE4F4908-17E6-4D75-A1A0-E110DD9EEC52.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
    • Love Love x 3
  7. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sweet! I can live vicariously through your prequel to my trip as I anxiously struggle through my last 5 work days. Make sure to request a balcony at Bellagio, and my understanding is they keep them locked but will make them accessible if you request it, so definitely ask about that! I'm rooting for you!

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Kachow

Kachow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be sure to ask for the balcony and will certainly reward the desk attendant if they can deliver. I feel like I should have a pretty good chance since I am checking in on a Monday. I’ll get plenty of room pics to share for the board either way.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree - it's a midweek stay, and you're paying for it, and there are still lakeview suites available next week so they arent even fully booked. I like your chances, and holding a $20+ in your hand while you ask never hurts either

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Kachow

Kachow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At the airport and waiting on our flight. Security was a breeze as usual, no line whatsoever, although that was pretty common at OKC airport even before Covid. Unfortunately the food court here has closed so we ate a light lunch at the airport Grille and Mrs Kachow started her trip with a Bloody Mary. We are about to start boarding.

• Like Like x 3
  11. aronius

aronius High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you have a great trip planned. Absinthe is the best show in Vegas in my opinion. I will also bet Bardot brunch blows you away, it's a must do every trip for us. Good luck!

Just a quickie...
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Kachow

Kachow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We made it, in a taxi on the way to Cosmo now after grabbing bags and a quick stop at the baggage claim liquor store for a bottle of Tito’s and a bottle of tonic for the Mrs. 07986E05-6CED-4619-BC51-4D8F01835C06.gif

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Kachow

Kachow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know where the Kachows will not be going.

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. B T

B T ‍♂️

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I recently changed my reservation to Cosmo from Wynn. Please share any pics of the wraparound bathroom. I'm wondering if I should just keep the one bedroom for the Japanese soaking tub or get the wraparound. Me and my partner like to relax a lot in the tub and the view from the soaking tub is one thing I never tried at Cosmo.

Thanks and good luck @Kachow I look forward to all your reports.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Kachow

Kachow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here’s some room and view pics, we are on the 31st floor in Chelsea tower, and we actually got a view of the fountains even though it’s not technically a fountain view. We walked over to Miracle Mile and Walgreens so Mrs. Kachow could grab a few things and then we were really both starving and decided waiting until 9pm for dinner tonight was not going to happen so we stopped in at Block 16 and grabbed something to bring up to the room and eat. Moved the dinner reservation at Wynn to Saturday night no problem. Will update later, here’s some room pics. 7F6A14BD-1A03-4FF2-88A7-C80D0DBD1ACD.jpeg DE642290-0D72-4B81-9698-059F80F58063.jpeg FB52AD5F-8034-4A32-92EE-682BD4C6DED5.jpeg 467D2DD6-52B7-44E2-B37E-F968E282AFAA.jpeg B68B63A7-3C3C-4BCB-B0F5-04700E5AF725.jpeg F3C9AE37-0820-4397-9B1C-CED0502F80FE.jpeg 34DC9A2E-BD0D-456E-886F-1842FBFBFA5A.jpeg

• Love Love x 8
    • Like Like x 4
  16. Kachow

Kachow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey B T, I will get some more bathroom pics for you tomorrow after housekeeping has come back through while we are out. There’s actually two bathrooms in this suite, one with a shower and the master that has the shower and a tub, but it’s not a whirlpool or air tub. If the tub experience is very important this may not be the best room type for you.

• Like Like x 1
  17. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gorgeous suite @Kachow !!! Man I miss the wraparound at Cosmo - so great for entertaining!
    I ate a whole pizza at that dining room table once.

Anyway - great food reservations, can't wait to see some food pics and winning on slots!

Enjoy your fantastic trip! I can't wait to get there in just over a week or so.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck! Have a great time!

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great start, @Kachow! :D
    Sweet pics!
    I hope you have the best of times!

RICHARD

• Like Like x 2
  20. B T

B T ‍♂️

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Kachow the pictures posted are good enough :D thank you. I see it's just a large soaking tub which we like but will most likely try the Japanese soaking tub from the one bedroom instead. The Balcony and tub are the reasons why we moved from Wynn this time.

Good luck on your gaming :woot:

• Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.