1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What item(s) is still hard to find or low quantity in the stores now?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Valgal, May 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DegenasaurusRex

DegenasaurusRex Rage,rage against the dying of the light

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol loaded up on the good TP and diet Dr Pepper today.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got caught with my pants down back in March when it seemed overnight the whole world hoarded toilet paper.

So now when I do the weekly grocery shopping I pick up a pack of TP regardless. There are so many weird brands on the shelf that I never saw before. Even some with 100% Japanese labeling on it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bought a case of Mexican toilet paper on Amazon back in May. I still have some. It performs the task assigned.

I also bought Chinese paper towels. No different at all from Bounty.

4. DegenasaurusRex

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I save the cheap horrible stuff for the guest bathroom.

:wink2::wink2::wink2::wink2:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. thebeachbum

thebeachbum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't find the paper plates rated for 2lbs of food. I don't eat that much at once but I do like fine china for everyday dining.

Need a good trip this time
  6. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    91% isopropyl alcohol is still difficult to find. You can, however, find 99% "technical grade" if you know where to look.

7. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A friend found some Clorox wipes at Costco last week, I have yet to see them at my local one though. Paper towels are plentiful, strip steaks were $7.99 and the whole strip loin was $6.99 which is about the same price pre-covid. I would say all their meat is back to normal and that includes brisket, @ken2v.

I'm still riding the Grain Train with my handle of 95% abv Grain Alcohol, I refill my pocket sized sprayer in case I need to sanitize my hands or boost my beverage.

8. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yesterday, a visit to our local Walmart found the cleaning aisles, paper towels and TP pretty worked over again. We're already well stocked already on those items, just found it of note. That and the soda can aisle was pretty depleted... NO Diet Coke.

Perhaps I just hit them before the truck(s) arrives, but I'm hearing folks are starting to "stock-up" again with the 3rd virus wave seemingly here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, there seems to be a "silent" movement here where I live. People are hoarding again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Raven888

Raven888 Watanabe wannabe

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Generic allergy medication. Been picked clean for months now. Liquid hand soap is still kind of sparse, too. Granted, I don't shop around much, so maybe it's just the two grocery stores that I frequent. Everything else (that I personally shop for) seems to be back in full supply. For now (knock on wood). I am definitely staying on top of my paper towel and TP supply, though.

Vegas Vacation XII
  11. DDB

DDB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to an appliance store to browse for our new kitchen. I asked the guy what is in stock. His simple reply: "nothing".

My Mom's dishwasher went out last month. She wanted a black GE. It wasn't in-stock anywhere. She was quoted possible delivery dates near the holidays, or more likely "sometime in February".

• Wow! Wow! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. DegenasaurusRex

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We want to zero landscape our remaining yard. Our landscape companies are so busy that I’m basically booking for the spring. Not exactly on topic but things are certainly changing.

13. NYNYGirl

NYNYGirl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Couldn't find napkins for a week or so. Then when they did surface they were marked up in price...:rolleyes2:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. archie1959

archie1959 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Campbell Soup Co.'s overall inventory is only about halfway recovered, and the team is pushing hard to fully catch up by January, according to CEO Mark Clouse. It is racing to get its Chunky and condensed soups and Swanson broths back in stock and adding production capacity for snacks such as Pepperidge Farm Goldfish crackers and Cape Cod potato chips.

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They finally had Coke Zero at the grocery store. I had to go into Walgreens the other day and saw they had plenty of sodas in cans including Coke Zero. Don’t forget to check drug stores, home improvement stores/hardware stores and the dollar stores.

16. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The one thing consistently absent from H-E-B is Clorox wipes. They have an off brand, as does Target. I did score several containers of them at Target a month or so ago, but they also only seem to have the off brand now.

Freezers. My fishing guide wanted a small chest freezer to freeze salt water for fishing trips (works wonders using salt ice--the fish box stays cold a lot longer). He had no internet access--he uses the library and has a flip phone--and the local Home Depot had none. I finally found one via Wayfair and had it delivered to him. After being used to just going to any big box store and by one instantly, this was yet another weird experience.

TP is an important commodity. The shelves have not been "full" since the first panic but there has been a variety of selections most days. I have built a buffer in case it runs short again. I can sanitize without Clorox wipes, do a combo hand wash with whatever alcohol product and soap if need be, but I need my TP...

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ashton7

Ashton7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Couldn’t find a replacement for our fridge water filter at any of the local places we usually get it like Home Depot or Lowe’s.

18. cmani

cmani Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I still can't find Cherry Coke Zero! :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ten_On_The_End

Ten_On_The_End VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oddly, I found stacks of Campbell's chicken noodle for 50 cents a can last week at the local Giant Eagle. I bought a few because it's never been that cheap.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Guardian

Guardian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Meijers advertises their facial tissues for $1 a box. I go there at 9am Monday and they don't have any. WTF:mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.