1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Did my Civic duty today...

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by TiffyChick, Oct 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TiffyChick

TiffyChick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I voted today. It was a cold, gray day. I stood in line for THREE hours, masked up and socially distanced to keep people safe and hopping from one leg to the other to keep warm (fortunately, I took a potty break before I went to the polling location!). But I persevered and I got it done. I've decided for my troubles I will reward myself with a trip to Vegas tomorrow night. ;):D Next time I vote I think I'll be wise and bring snacks and a flask of something that will warm me up from the inside out. :haha:

Has anyone else done early voting? How was the wait where you are?

***PLEASE don't make this post political. Keep your candidates and your politics reserved for your personal FB page. :ssst:***

Solo because YOLO - June 9-14, 2024
    Paris in the Springtime...April 28-May 3 2024
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In Wisconsin, it looks like early voting is pretty well run here, even have drive thru voting and all. I did an absentee ballot for the first time this year

• Like Like x 1
  3. TiffyChick

TiffyChick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're lucky. It's been an absolute mess in Indiana. Very few polling locations, limited hours, ugh! :rolleyes2:

Solo because YOLO - June 9-14, 2024
    Paris in the Springtime...April 28-May 3 2024
  4. 3OfDiamonds

3OfDiamonds Waiting For “Very Good” Video Poker @ Rio…

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yay voting :woohoo::woot: Just got a notification that my mail ballot was recorded by the county registrar’s office and will be counted :thumbsup: Sorry you had to go through what you did to vote; of course, talking about why there are such widely varying levels in how easy/hard it is to vote would run afoul of your request and get Sonya to lock down this post, so I will refrain ;) To end on a happy note, my mom voted for the first time in 20+ years - go mom :):cool:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  5. JaDubya

JaDubya High Roller? Nah...just a Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I mailed my absentee ballot on October 13 (Amazon Prime Day Yeah). Got a text notification 3 days later that my ballot was counted. Enjoy Vegas @TiffyChick

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  6. BlueBellThunder

BlueBellThunder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoy your trip. In NJ we can vote by mail or drop off your ballot that was mailed to you. I hope this system goes nation wide, as there would no longer be any excuses not to vote. Do you live in a heavily populated area? 3 hours is a long wait, the longest I ever waited was 15 minutes.

7. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I voted Monday morning. At 8 a.m., there was no line. Took about five minutes total.

My wife voted yesterday at the same location. There was a 10 minute or so wait to get into vote. About 15 minutes overall for her voting experience.

The machines used this year are much easier to use (and no touch--all done with a disposable stylus) than the previous model.

8. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Early voting in NY started when I was on a plane to Vegas and I will be here through the election, so I voted by mail.

9. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Took me about 40 minutes on Monday. No Covid-19 symptoms yet! *Fingers Crossed*. The idea of 6 feet apart wasn't very well followed at all. But at least I think everyone was wearing a mask...

10. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hubs and I voted early in-person, Oct 16. Second day of early voting - first day lines were really long (hubs drove by for reconnaissance - polling place right down road from his office). But the second day it was raining so no line.

I checked later in the day and our votes were recorded as "accepted" on our board of elections website :)

11. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did early voting last week, my wife and I waited about 15 seconds. It was fantastic, should have been doing this far earlier in life lol.

I’ve heard of long lines everywhere across the US but where I live, nobody seems to be experiencing it, ostensibly due to a lot of polling places open.

12. Tony Y

Tony Y Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Voted in Brooklyn yesterday ten minutes in and out

13. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Voted two weeks ago. Pretty organized for a new world of doing things. Watching people standing in line around the country makes me appreciate my <10 minute wait more so.
    The risk of November weather is too high for me to take the chance of waiting until Election Day. :)

14. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm dropping my ballot in the dropbox today. There are SO many dropboxes and early voting sites in my county. I live 5 mins from a dropbox that just happens to be outside the Board of Elections.

• Like Like x 2
  15. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I voted Tuesday. Took about 6 minutes total - drop my sealed ballot in the box and pulling out of the lot. Glad I did it this way because the line was LONNNNNG.

16. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Voted on Monday. Hour and a half start to finish.

17. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ll be there when they open today. Hoping early on a Thursday equals no waiting.

18. thebeachbum

thebeachbum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got it done. No line in Livingston, TX last week.

Voted2020upl.jpg

Need a good trip this time
    • Like Like x 1
  19. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    always vote by mail, no lines, no fuss

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We voted three weeks ago, the day after we received our requested absentee ballot. Dropped them off at the city hall drop box. 5 minutes there and back home. The next day I checked on-line and they were received.

It is a shame that some states/cities make this process so much harder then it needs to be.

I read yesterday that more than 50% of the total ballots cast in 2016 have already been received this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.