1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Taking your ID to the pool

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by HornHighCraps, Sep 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tornadobox

tornadobox High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've got a pair of swim trunks with a built-in card pocket inside the waistband with a fold-over top flap to keep the cards secured.

It is a little odd when I reach down the front of my suit to grab a card...but it doesn't bother me too much.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. CtheWorld

CtheWorld Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it’s always seemed a little strange to me that you can go to a restaurant in the hotel, spend $100s on food+drink and charge it to the room with no ID. But go to the pool and buy a 30cent bottle of soda that they charge $6 for and you need ID.

But what’s worse is that the receipt they give you has the room number on it. So now you have your ID room key and room number all “hiding” under your towel while you go for a swim,

3. Vegaswanderer

Vegaswanderer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I finally was lucky enough to get into the Flamingo pool via their pool lottery last week. But I had to go back to my room to get my ID because to get admitted to the pool you need both your smartphone and your drivers license.

The smartphone is necessary to prove to them that you won their glitchy daily lottery via text that has been necessary to gain entry into the pool area. As the weather has cooled the pool has been less crowded, and they didn't require texting to get in for portions of 2 days last week.

I must admit that I do enjoy the Flamingo pool itself alot (which should be obvious since I was willing to try for 5 different days before I finally got in).

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  4. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Might be a good idea to have your I.D. with you in case of a medical emergency.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Desert Inn never asked for identification. It was considered an almost palindrome. Never in the same locale as
    A man, a plan, a canal, Panama......
    But an id at the DI was unheard of as going for a swim at the Desert Inn pool (dip) was proof enough. Dan Tanner, telephone call for Mr Tanner.

6. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There will be enough on my to ID me even if I leave the PP and DL in the room safe. If anything, health insurance card, players card, I know that CET and MGM did a scan of my DL when I signed up. Even credit cards. LOL, I know of only one other person in the US with the same exact first name and surname (and specific spelling of the surname) as me, and she's a nun! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.