1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Atlantic City October [Saturday 17th] Meet-Up (finally)

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by LB9, Oct 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    damn man save some of that luck for the rest of us this weekend!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Might be a silly question but do you guys want me to get " Hello my name is... " tags?

3. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Honestly, if it's not too much trouble, I think that would be a great idea. It may be a bit difficult to talk as loudly with masks/etc so this could help identify who's whom.

• Like Like x 1
  4. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Name tags help A LOT. I brought them to a meet up in LV that had about 30 people and it really helped.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm on it!!!! I will use the "definite" list above and bring blanks/markers.

I'm planning to be down to Bally's by 3. I hope that works for everyone. Really looking forward to meeting you all!

• Like Like x 1
  6. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you much for the assist here @Happygirl21.

I'll be there Friday and all day Saturday so 3 or whatever time works for me, however, I will already have quite a few drinks in me irrespective of what time we meet....and a stop at White House Subs (I've been craving this for months).

7. smerrian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    See you at 3:00.

• Like Like x 2
  8. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good hit, although @LB9 will give me a hard time, I absolutely can’t make this. Little league baseball calls! We are making a playoff run

July 19th - July 24th
  9. Tony Y

Tony Y Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going down Sunday 10/18 will there be any stragglers left from the meet up?

• Like Like x 1
  10. smerrian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be in town all day Sunday; not leaving until Monday noon.

Looks like weather on Saturday will be clear in AC but a bit chilly (high of 60 for the day). Wear a jacket and hopefully, being an outdoor venue, they have pole heaters.

11. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heading up today guys! I think I'll be one of the first, but as I have a 3 - 3.5 hr trip each way, I figured spending most of the weekend makes sense since I've not done much of anything since March. I agree with @smerrian, low 60s but hey, it's sunny and we'll have plenty of space outside to have a few beers and just have interaction with other humans who "get" what we're doing in AC/Vegas. A lot of my personal friends just don't get it, so I always relish being able to talk about this stuff with VMB members as there's that commonality. I remember one time, I was chatting with a person in PH and had some Vegas notices with me and, well, when I started talking about STP for VP or re-splitting aces and eights (BJ), I received a look like I had 3 heads. I thought this was all common knowledge!

I know our meet is tomorrow, but if anyone happens to be around tonight as well, give me a holler. My only "mission" that I need to do is walk over to White House Subs and eat myself into oblivion, but if I can still move after one of their massive hoagies, I'll be down for whatever lol.

I told my wife the other day that, given I've already gained 10-15 pounds during covid, what's another 5 lbs from this sandwich? LOL

• Like Like x 2
  12. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And I will say one thing now, which I'll echo when I see you guys tomorrow as well - the food is so damn good up there in Jersey that if I actually lived there I would, without a doubt, be 500 lbs lol.

Food where I live sucks (all expensive food in fancy restaurants where the rich/ugly politicos eat) but the Italian and hoagies/subs up there? Not sure how anyone can have self-control with all the options you guys in Jersey have. I don't eat to live, I live to eat!

• Like Like x 1
  13. EastCoastVegasFan!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have it going on with good food in Maryland. You have to find hole in the wall places! Bob and Editihs! :)

July 19th - July 24th
  14. smerrian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you like Italian food you really can't do better than the NYC-PHL-AC triangle. Such a heavy population of Italian-Americans keeps multiple good pizza/sub joints in just about every town and on every other block in the cities. And every other upscale restaurant is Italian. It makes it so that when I travel I will eat any type of food except Italian...I know it's better back home.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. EastCoastVegasFan!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would quickly try to turn this into a craps meet-up, sorry I can't make it. Have fun, win big!

July 19th - July 24th
  16. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We'll be arriving tomorrow afternoon leaving Monday.

@LB9 just wondering (maybe I missed it) did you decide on an "actual" meet up time? And it is at the Biergarten on the boardwalk, correct? Did we ever get a (loose) head count?

17. Wallew

Wallew VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was also wondering about a meet up time. As I said before the wife and I won’t be able to meet til 4:00. Can we shoot for 4 or 5 for the Biergarten meet up?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMO 5 at Biergarten sounds great. Looking forward to seeing you folks again.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Wallew

Wallew VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Finally made our reservation. Just spent about 20 minutes on the phone with the Trop to link my Caesars account with my old defunct Trop advantage so I could get a comp room at Tropicana.( haven’t stayed at Trop in ages, but looking forward to now that it’s part of Caesars)

Mrs Wallew is super excited and is now consulting our in house teenage fashionistas on outfits for tomorrow.

Can’t wait to see everyone tomorrow.

20. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Wallew I need to link the two also. Was it a hassle? I was thinking to just do it in person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.