1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A Very Careful Vow Renewal - Live - Harrah's 10/3 - 10/10

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by cvkelz, Oct 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skybird

Skybird Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good Luck and Happy Anniversary!

• Like Like x 1
  2. cvkelz

cvkelz Extremely Low Roller- like, I barely roll at all.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just onto the 15. Dunno if it’s the first Vegas billboard but it’s the first one I’ve noticed. [​IMG]

50th Birthday Trip to Solvang & San Luis Opisbo
    Heading Back To Laughlin For More Pizza!
    • Like Like x 3
  3. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm so sorry to read about the loss of your mother. I miss mine terribly, and its been almost 8 years.
    I hope this anniversary trip is just the best time for you both to celebrate your life together and meet up with some lovely VMB members. I'd be happy to see pics of your projects for the times when Vegas is too busy for you to be comfortable. Go for it!

• Like Like x 2
  4. JaDubya

JaDubya High Roller? Nah...just a Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @cvkelz - I always get excited when I see the zzyzx road sign. Not sure if you are on 15 north or south.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. I hope you have a wonderful anniversary trip and vow renewal.

It's your trip report. Share whatever you'd like to share, I mean keeping in PG-13 and all. :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. cvkelz

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 4
  7. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gettin there! :thumbsup:

Coming in Earlier, Who Does That???
    • Like Like x 1
  8. cvkelz

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Stopping for gas.

• Love Love x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  9. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go guys go! :)

• Like Like x 3
  10. opusx100

opusx100 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. I hope you have a safe and wonderful trip. Happy Anniversary!

• Love Love x 1
  11. cvkelz

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

So we um, made it...
    You guys I did the stupidest thing and fell down the escalator.
    I will post in more detail about it when the in room cocktails have kicked in and my pride isn’t so wounded and I’ve set up the laptop but um yeah... [​IMG]
    Just one of my war wounds.

• Wow! Wow! x 16
  12. 3OfDiamonds

3OfDiamonds Waiting For “Very Good” Video Poker @ Rio…

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh no *sends healing energies and maybe an extra cocktail :angel::cheers:*

• Love Love x 1
  13. cvkelz

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, we are settled in the best we can.
    The traffic was okay and not okay in certain spots, but we made really great time. We dropped off the dogs and were on the road by 8:30 AM. With only three minimal stops we arrived in the Harrah's parking garage at 4:45PM. Normally it takes us nine hours so we did really well I think.
    We gathered what we could carry from the car and headed down in the parking garage elevator to check in. I of course hit the button that said C because I figured that would bring us to the lobby. NOPE. It brought us to the second story where the diamond lounge used to be and the only thing that was clearly marked to get down a flight was the escalator. We both had two suitcases each and a backpack on our backs.
    So here's the thing...I'm afraid of heights. Like SUPER afraid of heights. Looking up at a tall building while on the ground scares me. Stairs without a railing are just NOT an option and escalators...well, they are the bane of my existence. I have to hold on to both railings and if we are going down I have to have Rob in front of me in case I fall. It had never happened but my worst nightmare was not getting my foot flat on the step and getting that one rising step push me off balance.
    I think you know where this is going.
    I was tired and I thought for whatever reason in my stupid little head that I would be able to handle this escalator with a suitcase in each hand and not being able to hold the railings. I made Rob go in front and attempted to get on the stupid stairs. Basically my worst nightmare came true. I wobbled as the stair expanded below my foot and down I went. I can't even describe it to you right now because it was pure panic. I felt myself hit the stairs on my left hip and all I could do was hold a death grip on the luggage and blink stupidly as I laid there.
    Rob was telling me to let go of the first suitcase so he could help me up and I couldn't comprehend. A wonderful older man saw me fall and ran down behind me on the escalator grabbing the other suitcase and telling me to let go. It felt like it spanned about a half an hour but eventually I let go of both suitcases and pulled myself up just as we were nearing the end of it.
    I don't really want to go into more detail as this was a horrific experience, but basically we thanked the man behind me and I sat down for a minute to get my bearings.
    Eventually we found the check in and my Total Rewards CC was declined. We tried Robs and that was denied. Finally we put the charge on adebit card and the front desk lady told me that she wouldn't charge me a deposit fee since we were Diamond. I said no worries because we weren't going to charge anything to the room.
    Up to the room we disinfected the hell out of it and got unpacked. We were still shaken by my most stupid of falls and just sort of putted around.
    Eventually I took a shower to kind of wash off the day and started icing my hip. My legs are pretty torn up by the escalator stairs but they don't hurt and there was not blood. My hip is swollen and sore, but I think/hope that is the worst of it.
    Rob went downstairs to see about getting more stuff out of the car and when he came back up he said that the mask wearing tonight is at a minimum and we should stay up here in the room tonight.
    Fine by me.
    Here are some pics of the stuff we have brought with us to play with.
    image0(2).jpeg image2(1).jpeg image1(1).jpeg image3(1).jpeg image4(1).jpeg image5(1).jpeg

The puzzle is significant because it was purchased right after we married in 2000 and hasn't been touched so there will be some discrepancies in the strip as it is now in the puzzle.
    One I tried to use the wifi for the laptop it denied me saying we couldn't charge to the room even though it is included in the resort fee. A quick call to the front desk remedied the situation and she also told me now that the fraud was taken care of on my total reward cc, I could go down tomorrow and put the charges back on that CC rather than the debit.
    We are now tucked into the room. It's been a long day. We aren't even venturing out for food as we have a half sandwich left from our travels and lots of snacks.

• Like Like x 10
  14. JaDubya

JaDubya High Roller? Nah...just a Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m glad that you didn’t hurt yourself too bad. Thank you for sharing your story. Maybe it was embarrassing but you & hubs will have a good laugh about that some other time. It’s another Vegas story for you.

Have fun you two.

• Love Love x 1
  15. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have an escalator phobia so completely understand. I hope you aren’t too sore :(

• Love Love x 1
  16. cvkelz

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm about to go to bed...time will tell, but I know I can't sleep on my usual left side tonight. LOL!

• Like Like x 2
  17. cvkelz

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here are the pics I took on the way in before I had to man the GPS :)
    image0(3).jpeg image1(2).jpeg image3(2).jpeg image2(2).jpeg image5(2).jpeg image4(2).jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  18. annbrown57

annbrown57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi C,

I’m so sorry to hear about your Mom:(

Have a great time & Happy Anniversary! Hope to meet up with you & hubs again in the future.

Be careful & keep the ice on.

Ann

• Love Love x 1
  19. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Order this light kit and have it shipped to Harrahs before you build Lego Las Vegas. Build the Legos and add the lighting simultaneously.

upload_2020-10-4_0-42-28.png
    This is the lighting kit. Not intuitive and I had to watch a YouTube video to figure out where to put everything.

As my first "sequester project", I built the city then added the lights later, and I ended up dismantling too much of the Legos and made the whole project a lot harder than it had to be.

upload_2020-10-4_0-45-21.png

upload_2020-10-4_0-45-43.png

And yes, I've since untwisted the Stratosphere .

Attached Files:

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
    • Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  20. emmas

emmas VIP Whale

Unexpected hurdles with the fall and the credit card issues. Hope you're not feeling too sore this morning and an enjoy yourself today. Good luck.

I need all the luck I can get!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.