1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wynn/Bellagio - June 5th - June 13th

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by timmysmom, Jun 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timmysmom

timmysmom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

:thumbsup: We left Southwest Florida via American Airlines early in the morning with a layover at Dallas/Ft. Worth. Flights were on time and we touched down in our favorite city about noon. After gathering our luggage at the baggage claim area, we lined up for the shuttle bus to the rental facility. Our observation was that there were far fewer buses running then when the rental facility first opened in April. After picking up our car at Hertz, we were off to Wynn where we were being comped two of our three night stay. For the first time ever, we tried the $20 trick and boy did it work. Rather than a Resort Room, we were upgraded to a Panoramic View Room on the 60th floor with a view of the Strip. A nice way to begin our vacation.

After unpacking, we headed to the Bellagio to catch up with our favorite bartender, Diane, at the Fontana Bar. According to Diane, the Fontana Lounge will not reopen until December 15th. It’s currently being used for daily poker tournaments. Once the tournaments are done, it will become a Baccarat Room while the regular Baccarat Room is being renovated. The Fontana Bar will be closing for several weeks in mid-July, but only for renovations. One side (the left side, if facing the Fontana Bar) has already been renovated. The renovations are minor and we wouldn’t have noticed them if Diane hadn’t pointed them out.

We ordered a cocktail and began playing video poker while chatting with Diane. I was playing Deuces Wild -- $2 a hand, and on my 3rd or 4th hand I was dealt 3 deuces. I’ve been dealt 3 deuces many times and never had the 4th appear but this time I did. Wow, $400.00; I couldn’t believe it. My luck playing deuces wild at the Fontana Bar continued during our entire stay. I was dealt 4 deuces two more times, and on the morning of our departure, my first Royal Flush. I just couldn’t believe it. Hubby also did very well at the Bellagio hitting several $1,000 jackpots playing $1 slots so all in all, we did very well gambling-wise.

After our 3 day stay at Wynn, we moved to the Bellagio for the remainder of our stay where our reservation was for a deluxe room. Tried the $20 trick again asking if a lakeview room was available. We were soon on our way to room 19026 overlooking the Bellagio fountains. Thanks to everyone who has posted information on this forum about the $20 trick. We love both Wynn and Bellagio, but our favorite is still the Bellagio – it feels more like home to us there; it should, it was our 13th stay. Who says the #13 is unlucky - not us!

As so many have reported, we found the machines at all Harrah resorts extremely unforgiving. You just might as well hand them your money at the door because you don’t leave with it. What a shame – Paris and Bally’s used to be favorite places for us to gamble, but no more. Hubby liked Planet Hollywood better than I. The interior renovations are really nice, but the outside is just pain ugly, in my humble opinion.

I won’t bore you with our daily routine, but have to mention three outstanding meals beginning with dinner at Austin’s Steakhouse at Texas Station. Everything we’ve read about Austin’s is true; we split a Caesar Salad, a colossal baked potato, and should have split their signature pan-seared rib eye steak. Hubby managed to finish his, but half of mine remained uneaten. (Our server told us many people split the rib eye and there is no additional charge to do that.) Service was exceptional; if you go, ask for April and Johnny.

The second outstanding meal was lunch at Sensi at Bellagio. I had their signature Mismo tenderloin with shrimp – to die for. Hubby had lobster stuffed ravioli.

Our third memorable meal was lunch at The Palm Restaurant. We met up with friends and requested one of Coyote’s tables. Coyote waited on us the first time we dined at The Palm and we have requested him as our server every time we’ve dined there since that first visit. Two in our party ordered the filet mignon with mushrooms, one ordered broiled halibut, and I ordered the pasta special which was angel hair topped with sun dried tomatoes and chunks of lobster – heavenly. Coyote remembered that my favorite dessert is their 6-layer carrot cake and brought a complimentary slice for our dessert. This so-called “slice†was big enough for all 4 of us to share, with enough left over for us to take back to our room at the Bellagio and enjoy as a snack latter that evening.

We didn’t see any shows this trip. We did check at Caesar’s about Jerry Seinfeld tickets, but refused to pay almost $100 each for second balcony seats. We bought tickets to see Jay Leno at The Mirage during our next trip in August.

Seemed like the days flew by and it was time to return home. Before checking out of the Bellagio, we went to the Player’s Club and were comped one of our weekend nights.
    Flights home to Southwest Florida went smoothly and we arrived home on time. Now we begin counting the days until our next trip.

2. LVLady

LVLady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the trip report. We are doing Bellagio and Wynn next week. I might have to try the $20 at Wynn, we are already booked for a lakeview at Bellagio!! Looking forward to seeing Diane as she is also our favorite. BTW what machine number were you playing?

3. timmysmom

timmysmom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The machine that ends with "69"

LVLady, before I forget to mention it -- Happy Birthday! :) I was playing that very special machine that you always play at the Fontana bar. I jokingly said to Diane that I hoped they didn't replace the machines during the renovation of her side of the Fontana Bar. Hope you have as much luck as I did during your upcoming visit. Be sure and write a trip report upon your return.

4. LVLady

LVLady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the birthday wishes!! How did you know?? Anywhoo.......I was hoping you would tell me it was number 69. I love that machine. And I do hope I have some of that same luck!! We shall see and I will write my regular novel when I get back :)

5. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very nice. I hope you left some wins in the machines for the rest of us:). So will the Fontana bar be open during everything they're doing to the lounge? Congrats on the nice wins on VP and slots.:thumbsup:

6. timmysmom

timmysmom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    gmoney590, from what we were told, the Fontana Bar will be closed for no more than 2 weeks in mid-July for renovations, The lounge, however, will be closed to the public (other than poker tournament participants and baccarat players) until December 15th.

7. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, Timmysmom. We were looking forward to sitting at the bar late in the evening and playing VP and possibly catching the fountain show.

8. timmysmom

timmysmom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    gmoney590, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, :cry: but you will not be able to see the Bellagio Fountains from the Fontana Bar. They have the curtains drawn in back of the bar so you can't see into the lounge, let alone the fountains beyond.

9. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh well, I'm sure we can find somewhere to sit and gamble a little a watch the show. If not there's always the room.

10. FL Mary

FL Mary Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations on getting the room upgrade. You had some good hits on the machines. I enjoyed your report. Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.