1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Holiday Gift Shoppe 2020 dates

Discussion in 'Comps' started by MaxDenom, Apr 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c2cali

c2cali Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh shoot oh shoot oh shoot, sorry DaiLun! Their having a website threw me off. How did I only earn 6k points but 80k tier points, all from gambling, with most coming from the 5x promo? That's not even worth but $20 of freeplay? Should I be keeping my eye out with all of you for gift shoppe dates or is 6k indeed near worthless to plan a trip around?

2. MaxDenom

MaxDenom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the only thing you can do with 6,000 HGS points is enter a Spin to Win slot tournament or Luck of the Draw giveaway, assuming they do those this year. I'm pretty sure the minimum amount to be eligible for freeplay is 15,000 HGS points for $50.

After I used the bulk of my HGS points last year, I burned off 5,000 on the Spin to Win tournament and wasn't anywhere near making the leader board. :haha:

3. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Playstudios host just informed me that the dates for the 2020 HGS event are December 4-6, and the host property is Bellagio, but I imagine that kiosks will be at most all of the other Las Vegas properties as usual.

No details on Playstudios involvement since the dates were just made known and this has not yet been posted to the mLife website.

• Informative Informative x 5
  4. GROWLR

GROWLR Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any word from your Playstudios host as to whether they will offer HGS points as a reward for MyVegas play?

5. 3OfDiamonds

3OfDiamonds Waiting For “Very Good” Video Poker @ Rio…

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DaiLun said “no details on Playstudios involvement”, which includes any potential HGS rewards on MyVEGAS... I would assume such details are pending :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. c2cali

c2cali Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! Booked a basic King room at Bellagio then, just in case - don't have a ton of points and not sure I can go yet but better safe than sorry. Normally fountain view is comped but these dates it was not... due to December or due to HGS... hmmm.

7. MaxDenom

MaxDenom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm ready. I have MyVegas loyalty points and vacation time to burn! :cool:

8. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've got a room at Mandalay 2nd-6th from ages ago, so good there.

Now they just have to let me out of the country :D

• Like Like x 2
  9. Cooper2687

Cooper2687 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really hate to throw more confusion into this thread but this is what I received from my host at NYNY in regards to this years HGS.

"Looks like the Holiday Gift Shopping will be 11/27 - 12/6. Don't have a lot of details. Kiosk and mlife rewards desk redemption available."

She sent it in response to me asking if she had heard anything yet about this years HGS. She sent it on 10/6/20.

10. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's very possible that the HGS event will span 11/27 to 12/6. I was referring specifically to the ballroom portion of the event (and the Playstudios party that goes along with one of the days).

11. Mommaof3babes

Mommaof3babes High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I need a for sure date. Lol

12. c2cali

c2cali Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When do they NORMALLY announce the dates? I know this year is special due to COVID, hurt marketing budgets, etc... but for anyone outside of a 100 mile radius from Vegas, waiting until 45 days or less from the event date seems CRAZY. Odds that they extend the expiration to next year for those that can't make it? Especially for our dear international friends?

13. VegasStrip

VegasStrip Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good Evening Everyone!

Here is the info that I received in regards to the 2020 Holiday Gift Shoppe:

Thank you for contacting M life Member Services. Please see below for the Holiday Gift Shoppe dates:

1. Dates: November 27 – December 6

1. Kiosk and M life Rewards desk redemptions: November 27 – December 6

2. VIP Boutique Shopping Experience: December 4 – 6

1. Bellagio will be the host property for a VIP boutique style shopping experience for high value customer segments. This experience is for all properties to send their high end guests to. (invitation only)

3. Spin to Win: December 4 – 6

1. All properties

2. Spinferno Multi Site tournament

• Like Like x 1
  14. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Playstudios host told me that she made a mistake in giving me the dates as she was later told that those were dates that "mLife was considering", but no final decision had been made. There is still nothing on the mLife website that confirms what I have been told.

mLife used to do it the same dates as CET's GGWU, but with changes that have been made to GGWU (You MUST be staying at a CET property in order to redeem Points) there was no need to match CET.

In the past, mLife used to post the dates well in advance. I sent a message through to mLife management that people needed to make travel arrangements and not posting the dates made it really inconvenient for people that had to travel long distances.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. MaxDenom

MaxDenom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MLife desk at one of the hotels told a friend it was going to be around Nov 27 - Dec 6, which is in line with what was posted earlier this week.

It is pretty sad it is mid October and we still have to speculate.

16. MaxDenom

MaxDenom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The catalog site was updated today:

Holiday Gift Shoppe 2020 at the Bellagio - December 4th through 6th

Kiosk redemption at all properties November 27th - December 6th

17. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The ballroom event is something to attend if you don't mind the walk to the Tower ballroom. Now, I rent a scooter to attend the myVegas VIP function and the ballroom event.

18. Mommaof3babes

Mommaof3babes High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to be out there for Thanksgiving and it was hard enough to talk hubby into trip 5 this year that I'm going to just do the kiosk redemption lol.

• Love Love x 1
  19. GROWLR

GROWLR Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So now that HGS dates have been confirmed, any word on whether Playstudios will be offering HGS point rewards?

20. VegasFirstTimer

VegasFirstTimer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Question - I'm a first timer to these events and I noticed i have 66000 mgm holiday gift points. I am thinking of getting freeplay which would mean 15000x4 = $200?

First question - Is this the right thing to do?

Second question - Do I go to any kiosk at any MGM property or do I need to go to a specific property?

Third question - I have 118493 Ceasar great gift points - Can I get freeplay for this?

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.