1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

STK or Delmonico’s?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by nin7474, Sep 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nin7474

nin7474 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking for everyone’s experience at either places. Trying to decide on a good steakhouse for my birthday dinner.
    TIA

2. VegasFan14

VegasFan14 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven’t been to Delmonico’s, but I took my wife to STK a few years ago and wasn’t impressed. The atmosphere is fun if you’re looking for an upscale lounge/club vibe without going to a club, but our food was very average. It’s been some time, but I also don’t believe the steaks were cooked to the proper temperature.

We also felt very rushed through the entire meal. You could tell all they cared about was turning our table over. I think the whole experience start to finish was less than an hour. I don’t think I would go back.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  3. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delmonico's is more of a "real" steakhouse, whereas STK is basically a nightclub that happens to serve steak.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is so loud in STK that you can barely hear yourself think. I went there and paid $120 for a 24-oz. Porterhouse and was not impressed. I was kicking myself for not going to Joe's and getting a better 30-oz. Porterhouse for less money and their hash browns. I'd choose Delmonico.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  5. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First time @ STK a few weeks back and plan to revisit in the future.
    The ribcap, doughnuts and flourless cake were phenomenal.
    Note : the ribcap may have only been a special as its not normally on the menu.

GR @ Paris always has the Ribcap and always great. They also have outstanding desserts.

Not yet familiar with Delmonico.

6. petevegas

petevegas Stick with me baby, I'm the fella you came in with

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hit the nail on the head

7. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My one time at STK 2 years ago - way too noisy for us, steak was fine but not great.

I have not made it to Delmonico’s yet, but my daughter and sil said it was one of the best steaks they ever had, they both loved the service too.

8. Mitchyd

Mitchyd Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delmonico for sure! For all the reasons above. Outstanding food and service.

9. scribe95

scribe95 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done both - including STK just a few weeks ago. I loved the ambiance of STK and the food was good (the jalapeno grits!). Fun cocktails. It does seem like a nightclub.

Delmonico's was a bit ago and the ambiance is average at best. But the good was amazing. The best steak I have ever had. And everything from the popovers to the steak to the dessert was top notch. I would choose that one again.

10. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delmonico is absolutely top notch; I've never been to STK and, based on what I've read in this thread, that's unlikely to change anytime soon.

(Just an FYI, the name of the restaurant is Delmonico, not Delmonico's....not trying to single out the OP, just mentioning it since the majority of responses in this thread have gotten it wrong.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm admittedly guilty of that...

12. mbely1000

mbely1000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    STK is a trendy see and be seen place. Delmonico is old school. STK has better ambiance and hipper clientele. Delmonico has better food. Delmonico also has the best bourbon list in Vegas (at crazy prices too). I would choose Delmonico, but that's because it caters more to my preferences.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.