1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

TR - Day One - stayed at Gold Coast

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by texas_aggie_girl_93, Jun 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texas_aggie_girl_93

texas_aggie_girl_93 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Arrived early Sunday morning and hopped on the shuttle to the Gold Coast. My room wasn't ready so I had to check my bags. Went up to a bar and got several Adios Mother Fu**ers (AMF's) using free drink coupons in the Funbook. Phoned Michelle and informed her I would be downtown later for the MSS meet, and my drink of the day was AMF. Why I felt the need to do this is beyond me. Then I decided to catch the shuttle to the Orleans to buy some liquor for the trip since the GC didn't have that large of a selection.

Arrived at the Orleans in what seemed like forever. Went to the VP bar and ordered a couple more AMF's. Lost about $60 and decided to grab a hot dog. It was now 1pm so I thought I'd try to check in again. The shuttle driver said it would be quicker to hop on the Orleans shuttle to Bill's rather than wait for the GC shuttle, so that's exactly what I did. Boy was he right. Within 10 minutes there was a shuttle to take us to Gold Coast.

I was still unable to check into my room, so I played and lost at Pai Gow Poker just long enough to order a few more AMF's. I thought I better get something to eat to help soak up the excessive amounts of alcohol I would be drinking throughout the next few days. I headed to the coffee shop and ordered the soup and salad.

Finally I was able to check in around 3:30 and ran up to the room to freshen up & fix myself a few drinks before heading downtown. I phoned Coaster Kikky to confirm I would be there and she graciously offered to come get me and haul my sorry butt to MSS. Thanks Becky! I grabbed a couple novelty straws for the ladies attending the meet.

We arrived at MSS and headed to the Boar Bar where we were joined by Denny, and MGinCO. Becky was doing great at her machine and cashed out after doubling her money I believe. I jumped on that machine, but no love for me. Michelle tried her hand as well and did somewhat better. Denny and wife had to leave and us girls decided to grab a bite at the Triple 7.

I had the special which was blackened salmon. I forget what Becky had. MG had giant chicken tenders. After the meal MG and I headed to Golden Nugget for Don Rickels. He was hilarious, however his opening act was horrible and I really wanted to leave, but I probably would have gotten slapped since we were in the second row.

After the show I was kinda tired so I wanted to go up to the room to try to rest for a bit. MG dropped me off at the Gold Coast where I was able to get some rest, but not really. It really is nearly impossible to sleep in Vegas.

Got up and freshed up and met a friend downstairs. Phoned Peanut to see what he had going on for the evening and see if he wanted to come join us at the lounge. There was a fun band playing and some interesting characters dancing. One lady had on what looked like a nightshirt and was barefoot, yet she had on jewelry. WTF? Another lady looked like a groupie for the band, or she really wanted to get lucky that night.

A few more friends joined us at the lounge and we were inhaling drinks and enjoying good conversation. Everyone besides Peanut and two of the girls left , so we decided to eat at the coffee shop and use the $25 dining credit that came with the room. The food was good, but the service was lacking. Headed up to bed around 6am I believe.

I'm having trouble uploading pictures to photobucket, so let's see if this works....

http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?Upost_signin=&UV=553644034287_688532951111&collid=229822951111

2. Jacko

Jacko Tourist

photos

The link works because that third photo I'd recognize anywhere..

Gold Coast has the smallest bathrroms in town.

3. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Man, are those bathrooms tiny. Who are the people in the photos? Now, you got me wanting more...

4. texas_aggie_girl_93

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, those restrooms were tiny, but I've been in smaller. There was enough space for us two girls getting ready in the morning.

The people in the photos are: Coaster Kikky and Denny in the first one; MGinCO by herself; Denny, myself, Coaster Kikky, and MGinCo in the last one.

I've got more photos, but they are mostly from the room and of the fountains at Bellagio. There's more to the TR, but obviously some details will not be disclosed to protect the not so innocent (of course I'm not included :wink2:)

5. Buckeye Bob

Buckeye Bob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, I have to ask. What is in an AMF??

Buckeye Bob

6. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's blue...

I had the 777 steak special for dinner that night.

I can't get the pictures to work? It says I need to provide a password.

7. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The pictures worked this morning, but not now.:cry:

8. texas_aggie_girl_93

Trips to Las Vegas:
    AMF = Adios Mother Fu*ker - tequila, gin, blue curacao, sprite or sweet & sour

DonD & Kikky...that's odd that you're unable to view the photos now. I'll try to mess with photobucket again.

9. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That would be an Adios Mother F*cker...:wink2:

Around here, we call it Windex!

Nice trip report, can't wait to here the rest!

10. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The link takes us to your sign in page. It was not that way yesterday morning.

11. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Sounds good so far, but where's the rest? I know you were there longer than a day :haha:

I can't get the photo link to work either.

12. texas_aggie_girl_93

Trips to Las Vegas:
  13. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That link worked just fine, thanks. :thumbsup:

14. Denny

Denny High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh no the link is working again. And there I am without a beer in my hand while all the rest have a drink. I really was having a beer at the time. It's down the bar somewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.