1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Updated offers in relation to recent play

Discussion in 'Comps' started by OSU2150, Aug 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OSU2150

OSU2150 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've searched and read various time frames for CET, in terms of recent play and updated offers, but have read differing things. In this case, I'm referencing marketing offers. I went to Vegas and Tahoe 3 weeks ago and played much more than I normally do, so I'm curious as to when this will catch up to me. Yesterday I received my normal small free play offer, so I'm assuming it'll take a month or two. Thoughts?

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    60-90 days, IMO.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. JulianC

JulianC Amateur

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My observation is that CET operates on fixed player evaluation periods. For example, offers you received this month might be based on play for a specific period of time (let's just say 18 months as an example) leading up to the middle of the month that is three months prior to the current month. In that hypothetical example, play through May 2020 going back as far as November 2018 would be evaluated to determine offers sent out in August 2020.

4. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it takes about 2 months for a big change in play to show up in CET offers.

If they have a LOT of data on you, the impact is smaller than you might think. If you don’t have many recent trips/visits the impact can be huge.

5. killswamper23

killswamper23 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i've had my cet calendar change drastically within a few days based on one day of play

6. OSU2150

OSU2150 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah my calendar is comped anywhere anytime besides NOBU. That change was within 3 days of completing my stay. I'm returning in December, so I'm hoping for a good free play offer now.

7. Allee

Allee Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET confuses me. Two weeks ago I went to Cherokee. Spent thousands. Now all of my comps are gone?!?! Prior to this I had comp rooms for everything except NOBU.

8. alexm

alexm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The comp calendar tends to update most dynamically, reacting in near real time to higher and lower play days. However, the marketing offers are almost certainly based on an algorithm looking further back on ADT. So it's important to mention that those offers may not increase dramatically. You would have to know, how far back they look and how many days at a lower ADT you have in there. If you have an ADT of say 2k per day from your most recent trip of 3 days but have 20 days in the lookback period with an ADT of 500 per day (using round numbers for simplicity) your ADT would go from 500 to 695 which even though you quadrupled your ADT may not be enough to influence your overall offers. Sure they want you back to see if you'll play there again, but outside of more rooms they might not necessarily give you more.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OSU2150

OSU2150 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    True. Either way, I’ll give them the same play next time. Probably a little more. Room and backend was taken care of so I was happy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.