1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Smoking a cigar in Harrahs?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by les303, Aug 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. les303

les303 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be in Vegas staying at Harrah's in a few weeks and like to partake in a Cigar once in a while. Am I able to do so now or is it prohibited because of the mask mandate? Thanks in advance if anyone know for sure.

2. Don the Dentist

Don the Dentist LV resident

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I too am a cigar smoker. The "rules" are you can pull down the face mask to have a puff and then should put the mask back up. I have been reminded of this by security personnel at 4Q, Binions, Rampart and South Point.
    Don't play on the Strip, so not sure of their policies.

• Like Like x 1
  3. les303

les303 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the reply Don, guess I will find out when I get there. :peace:

4. mbely1000

mbely1000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    AND you're not allowed to smoke while playing table games because of your proximity to other players and the dealers. Probably safest bet is to find a nice outdoor bar or restaurant. Too bad Rhumbar is still closed with the Mirage, that is my go to place to smoke a cigar, watch a game and enjoy the weather/people watching.

5. les303

les303 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks.. Yes at table games they often frown on cigars anyways. I enjoy the Rhumbar as well.

6. downhiller2010

downhiller2010 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most of the Wynn lounges are very cigar friendly

7. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET wont let you smoke at the tables, last I heard. But smoking is allowed at machines. Bars are closed, so not sure where you can hang out and have a cigar now. Hopefully someone who has been to Harrah's lately has advice about somewhere you can sit and smoke.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @les303 I was in Vegas this weekend and enjoyed three cigars. Two were at Ballys at the strip and one at California. I was by myself and enjoy smoking with a complimentary adult beverage while gambling. One was at a video poker machine but my favorite way to enjoy a smoke was while sitting at a "Shoot to Win" craps machine. No one is facing directly at each other and most have every other console closed. I skip a few rolls if I am so inclined and there are plenty of breaks in the action. I lowered my mask when I wanted to take a puff or two then put the mask back up and had no pushback. The Cal was a ghosttown in the morning so I doubt there would be any push back, but Ballys had a fair crowd and never any issues.

Only complication was a couple of times I put the mask back up before I exhaled as the mask screwed up my timing when the machines were calling. Good thing there a plenty of free mask dispensers at the strip so I switched out for a fresh mask later.

I am thinking of meeting a friend at Vanderpumps in Ceasars in a few weeks, any smoking allowed there?

FAB

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  9. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No. They serve food, so smoking is off-limits.

EDIT: Montecristo does have a couple "small bites", I believe, so I'm not 100% sure what the allowance is there, but my guess is that it's such a minor food menu and they also have separate smoking areas.
    Agreed. Even at places that allow smoking at the tables (which I see all the time at Aria), a cigar at the table is at least frowned upon as a courtesy thing, and very often outright prohibited. It's really just cigarettes.

• Like Like x 1
  10. les303

les303 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  11. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.