1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Holiday Gift Shoppe 2020 dates

Discussion in 'Comps' started by MaxDenom, Apr 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    retracted . . . .

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  2. MaxDenom

MaxDenom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure what you mean. I went to the MGM event which was 10/31-11/3 of 2019. Wasn't the Bellagio event 12/5-12/8? The dates listed for 2020 would be in line with their history of doing them Thursday through Sunday. Surely they're hearing from their players who want to do something with their points. Hopefully they will pull through for us soon.

3. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2019 was the first week of December, only remember as it was my first ever December trip.

4. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And this drags on and on and on . . . . .

I though I could sneak and answer out of the vendor, but to no avail . . . .

Hello Xxxxxxx,

We do not have an official date for HGS 2020, as of now we are planning for November.

Please continue to check our website for any updates; http://holidaygiftshoppecatalog.com/#/home

We hope to have this solidified as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Xxxxxxxxxxx
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    I didn't send a reply that it's less than 90 days to the event, and STILL NO DATES!!!!!!! ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH! :cry: :grrr: :bang:

• Wow! Wow! x 2
  5. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've pretty much given up on HGS, unless it's in December.

I'm going to Turkey for 2 weeks next month, after managing to sneak 14 nights in a 5* hotel for ~$500 and flights for $250.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Brandt

Brandt VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would guess this would be canceled. I can't imagine they would want people congregating and touching items.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. MaxDenom

MaxDenom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sad to say I think Brandt is probably correct, but I guess I was holding out hope there was going to be some version of it. With things changing weekly, they probably don't want to nail anything down. I've lost interest over the last few weeks and will probably cancel my room reservations by September.

Maybe a Spring 2021 trip is a more realistic goal for me at this point. Thanks for sharing, DaiLun.

8. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That hasn't stopped CET. GGWUs dates were announced long ago . . . . . .

And this was the vendor that runs the event, they'd be out a whole lotta money if mLife canceled.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  9. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just keeps getting sadder and sadder. CET just announced changes to GGWU, and still no dates from mLife. I'm sure that this means that mLife will change the HGS event from two to one, it's just a matter of what the "one" dates will be.

PLEASE ANNOUNCE THE DATES, MLIFE!!!!!!!

I will be at Aria today and see if anyone knows anything.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mommaof3babes

Mommaof3babes High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When is ggwu for caesars?

11. Mommaof3babes

Mommaof3babes High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do we have to be booked at say mlife to go? Or can I book at Caesars and still go?

12. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last year you had to be booked at MLife for 2 nights during the promotion, iirc.

I think that was if you had myVegas rewards related to HGS points, though. I would imagine you could just roll in and spend HGS points that you have, if you so wished.

Sorry I wasn't able to be any real help, lol.

13. JaDubya

JaDubya High Roller? Nah...just a Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe I got it all wrong but I would guess that HGS would be subject to Sisolak’s 50 person gathering capacity limit; thus, it makes HGS a non starter with all the guests, guest service folks & vendors in the ball room. Same would apply to the GGWU but they take a glass is half full approach & Mlife is glass is half empty.

But I haven’t gone in 4 years so....

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, 9/5/2020 and mLife still can't "s**t or get off the pot".

This was their reply to my final inquiry as to 2020 dates:

"Thank you for contacting M life Rewards Member Services. We do not have any further updates about the Holiday Gift Shop. As soon as we have any information it will be posted on the web site. We do apologize for any inconvenience."

They are fortunate that my December Asia trip is likely to be canceled at this point. HGS will be my last trip to LV in 2020, that is, if they don't cancel it.

15. MaxDenom

MaxDenom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is completely obnoxious.:mad:

16. JulianC

JulianC Amateur

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even Venetian has Grazie Gifts solidly on the calendar. They are going with an interesting model -- no showroom, but must be on-site to redeem gift points for items in the online catalog from your own mobile device. This kind of event can be made to work, but MGM has not yet found a way to make their (certainly bigger than GG) event work.

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. Dodgerfan9538

Dodgerfan9538 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    this doesn't helps much but here is a reply I received from mlife today after I told them I was trying to plan a trip around the the holiday shop event

• Like Like x 1
  18. MaxDenom

MaxDenom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing this. Well, they put a little more effort in this particular response than they have in recent weeks.

At this time, I am hanging on to my trip scheduled for what is assumed to be the second weekend of the event, November 19-22. Even if they move the event dates, I will probably go to Vegas that weekend.

The dates listed on the catalog web site have been there for months but a lot of us are suspicious of them. I'll be curious to see if they consolidate from two weekends down to just one event.

19. c2cali

c2cali Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never been to one of these events before, I suppose I've let all my points expire in years past, but I am being a wiser and more active Vegas player this year and last. What makes these events so in demand? It looks like you can redeem your points online, are the gifts in person significantly better or do they give you a bunch of extra stuff? At 80k in tier credits, almost solely through gambling with minimal other spend, I only have 6k gift points, and I believe most of those were earned during a 5x promotion in July. Does that sound right? Earned about 40k TCs in January, and 40k TCs in July. Mostly slots.

20. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NO. You can't redeem points online. You must be present to redeem. You can only get points from slot play.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.