1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Getting your budget to Vegas?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Colesc15, Jun 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's with me. I don't gamble a ton so it's not a bulk or wire transfer issue lol. My bags going through the scanner is a sweat but that is about it.

Sometimes I have trouble finding it on the way home though!
    [​IMG]

Ladies getaway, somewhere on the strip with a pool :)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. LVisBeautiful

LVisBeautiful High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Red chipper and tipper here. I carry a small amount of gambling cash, anything else I pay the ATM fee, I usually don't need it though. I do everything in 20s 10s 5s and 1s. I love the feeling of a lot of cash. I always get 100 in 1s and 5s so I can comfortably tip cocktail waitresses, drivers, service people, street people on Fremont, homeless...they all get it in cash. I have quit worrying about medical cannabis going through the airport and bring my own supply of unlabeled medical candies, so I don't have to go to the place that dispenses special candies and use cash for that. Everything else goes on the credit card.

I've had my bag busted open at TSA at least half a dozen times, some makeup item always seems to set it off. One time I had 4 oz and they didn't like the "look" of the item. So my bag got busted open. I use Pre-check and Clear, that seems to stave it off, going with the proletariat is awful, I hate being patted down. They do not seem to care about my unlabeled candies in Vegas, Seattle, Portland, Colorado, Illinois or California. If they ever asked about unlabeled candies I would produce a card and say it was CBD.

Regarding cash, when I went through Chicago and had to change airlines they saw all the cash about $1000 in small denoms during a regular bag check, when they saw it was small denoms, they laughed a little at me, like hahahhaha...how funny we actually thought this was something and what a waste of time, then they hustled me through.

Florida cash inspections are random, sometimes my cash gets inspected sometimes it doesn't. Miami is kind of crazy about it, I wouldn't roll a bunch of cash through Miami. You are likely to get really looked at and detained. They are on the border and are looking pretty hard. Dallas also. TSA is Satan there. I would not take a single unlabeled medical candy or a large pile of cash. They are literally militarized at that TSA. Large scary guns are the norm and they do not smile or act kind at all.

I'm actually afraid when I have absolutely nothing to worry about on a trip to Vegas through Dallas, if I see a flight through, I'll try to divert through Louisiana just to avoid that scary TSA. They are literally the devil, I avoid Texas at all costs. I am scared to even drive through Texas..like its a hard pass or you better be clean as a whistle, would never carry any money through Texas at all.

I carry it in a very dorky fanny pack or in a small travel purse. It never leaves my body or my sight. and I also put some in my carry on in a make-up bag for emergencies just in case I got robbed...never had a single issue.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get the concern with TSA in Dallas I guess.

But, if you are connecting, you do not deal with TSA at all since you are already inside he secure zone, so.....???

4. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Stand Up to Jewish Hate!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. I bring $1-$2K in my wallet. Usually ok in my hand at security... occassionally TSA says wallet too thick... put it through xray.
    2. Not a line of credit, but enrolled in the system connected to my bank to pull cash at the cashier. It is/was called VIP Preferred. Do that less often since some places charge fees.... but still no-fee other places
    3. If I have a car, I've gone to the bank to withdraw during trip... or deposit as I head back to airport.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly, what I do. I will never understand the people that say they hold it in their hand as they go through security. When you do that, everyone within earshot knows you have a wad of cash. Keep it in your carryon and nobody will ever know.

6. oldbrewzer

oldbrewzer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Inside zippered pocket of my backpack. Never been searched by TSA and is by my feet under the seat in front of me on the plane. Backpack stays with me everyplace I go until I am in the hotel room.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Stand Up to Jewish Hate!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried something new this time. Took the usual cash. Also.. got two cashier's checks payable to Cosmo.... no charge at my bank.

Put them on deposit at Cosmo cage. They will not cash. But they will give slot voucher.... and you can go right to ATM if you want. I played them in slots.

If I have enough cash left.... they'll redeem the checks... for trip home. I have enough for redeeming one right now... but have 1 hour play time left.

8. thegov2k2

thegov2k2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm okay with everyone knowing I'm carrying cash on a flight to Vegas. Besides a military installation or police station, is there any place more secure than the airport terminal? Carry your cash in your front pants pocket and it's pretty difficult to have your pocket picked.

9. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Surprisingly little love for bitcoins, travelers cheques*, or $10000 bills.

"Back in my day, there was something called a traveler's cheque for this very purpose. You get it from your bank and there are 2 signature lines, one for when you get them and the other for when you cash them. They cost 1% at purchase but certain accounts would waive the fee. If you lost one, you could get a refund, provided it had not already been cashed.

They were mostly rendered obsolete by fee free ATM networks, but this is a niche where they would still have had some value.

For some reason, all brands used the British spelling of cheque and the American spelling of traveler. Possibly to evoke Americans ' fantasies of traveling to London.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Vegas24_7

Vegas24_7 Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I take my cash on a carry-on bag. It's a leather man-purse. My canadian bank refuses to exchange information with Vegas properties so I cannot get a normal line of credit like most people do. The problem with bringing cash is I need to declare it twice each way, four times total for a round trip each time I go to Vegas if carrying over $10k. Such a pain in the ass. In the past, I've wired front money which was convenient at first but I later learned the hotels won't give it to you in cash to prevent laundering. They will give you any winnings in cash, but the original amount they will only wire back to the account it came from. So this makes it really hard to stay at more than one hotel on a single trip. First world problems, lol.

11. ACSCLE

ACSCLE Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cash in wallet & inside carry-on bag. I don't want to bother with a bank or ATMs and their ridiculous fees.

• Like Like x 2
  12. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. tex55

tex55 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just do a line of credit.