1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas Trip Report 7/23-7/30 (Aria, Venetian, Encore)

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by amazub88, Jul 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol...that’s funny during my trip last year in September I played HL baccarat room at aria and saw Freddy Deeb and we actually played together ... he wasn’t doing good he was playing for big money and end up losing well over $25,000 while we were playing.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. amazub88

amazub88 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    7/25:

We had breakfast at Salt & Ivy again. Service and food were excellent again. We showed up at 10am without a reservation and were promptly seated.

After breakfast, my friend and I played some low stakes baccarat at the Aria main floor tables. I won about $600 while my friend won $350. The Aria was pretty lively this Saturday afternoon. I decided to deposit $400 into the Buffalo slot machine but sadly, I had zero success with that machine.

Being a ex poker player, I decided to try out the poker tables at the Aria. Almost all the tables were full that Saturday late afternoon. There were plexiglass dividers between each table and 6 players to a table. I sat in the $1/3 NL game for two hours and mustered up 37 dollar profit.

After some poker, my friend and I decided to walk towards the south end of the strip. The Aria tram was shut down during our stay and Park MGM was closed too. We made our way to the Coca Cola store and the M&M store for some sweets. There was no wait for the coca cola store but about a 20 minute wait to enter the M&M store.

I decided to play some baccarat at MGM Grand. I bought in for $10,000 and ended up winning about $1,800 after 30 minutes. After cashing out, I found a video baccarat machine and deposited $600 into that machine. After a rough stretch of hands, I was down to $30. Suddenly my $30 turned into $3700 after a long banker run.

We eventually got hungry for dinner and decided to order some Doordash. Having very little Hawaiian selection in San Francisco, we decided to order from Aloha Kitchen. I ordered the loco moco with spam musubi, while my friend ordered the saimin noodles and combo plate. I love comfort Hawaiian food, and my loco moco was delicious.

A long nap followed afterwards, and we decided to go gamble at Paris afterwards. I bought in for $15,000 at the Paris HL room for baccarat. There were no dividers between players at the table and spectators weren't allowed. The first twelve hands I played was a long banker run. I managed to win about $12,000 in that streak. Unfortunately I bet $5,000 on the 13th hand and it jumped to player. $7,000 profit in twenty minutes ain't bad!

Upon returning back to Aria, I decided to play one more evening session. I bought in for $10,000 and lost it in 45 minutes. After losing, I decided I wanted to order room service. It turns out Aria only has room service from 6am until 2pm, which is kind of baffling imo.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Gambler4Fun

Gambler4Fun MGM Convert

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice trip reports. Keep them coming. :D

4. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a great trip so far. Hope your sessions continue to be mainly successful.

Wondering how door dash worked. Did you have to meet them outside or the lobby? Since, as you mentioned, room service is rather sporadic. Looking for alternatives if restaurants are closed or busy. Thanks.

5. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @amazub88 are they allowing pics of the baccarat screens? I love to see those long banker runs!

Strong work so far, and sometimes you just have to go with your gut on that 13th hand. What’s your bet progression like on those runs?

6. MrsOooteedee

MrsOooteedee Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stayed at Skysuites last year and had a few issues and the way the front desk dealt with theM was terrible no apologies nothing. Left a sour taste in our mouth that we wouldn’t want to return to the skysuites. Just booked skylofts for next summer hoping the international flight ban has been lifted!

• Like Like x 2
  7. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love the wallet---I have a very similar LV I use for Vegas---it is awesome because holds all the players cards and money. Prob not big enough for your money!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Kachow

Kachow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gotta love Hawaiian comfort food!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Paul K

Paul K VIP

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, room service in Sky Suites only until 2 PM. That is disgraceful. I wonder if Bellagio cut theirs further. I know unless you spend $100 or more on it, it was basically a sack meal.

Wynn/Encore and Cosmo are doing full room service 24/7, as it should be. Aria deserves to lose its 5th Forbes star based on what I am reading.

When I stayed at Encore in a Salon Suite in June it was immaculate. Clearly the extra money to stay there is going towards keeping the standards up.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Vegas24_7

Vegas24_7 Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At Cosmo Hi-Limit room, they have bacc tables where there is no banker commission paid for Banker wins. However, you only get paid 50% if the Banker beat the Player with a total score of 6. Did any of the places you played at (Aria, Paris, MGM) have this variant of the game?

11. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can also order from the Burger Bar, when Borat and I woke up for our 6pm Jean Georges reservation at 1030pm we were able to order burgers from the ipad and they came right away and were REALLY good, it was def a hasselhoff moment for borat eating in the bed.

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. B T

B T ‍♂️

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time I ordered DoorDash at Caesars Palace I waited for them outside at valet when they were driving towards me. Not sure if anyone has tried to get them to deliver to the room but that would be a pain for them.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Paul K

Paul K VIP

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the words of the Hoff, "this is a mess".

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. amazub88

amazub88 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No pics allowed at Paris or Aria!
    I try to bet using the Martingale system usually. But usually that goes out the window within 15 minutes of sitting down at a table haha. I usually let my bets ride after a run goes 4 deep, and taper off after 10.

15. amazub88

amazub88 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I met my driver outside of the taxi drop off zone. It was a pretty simple process.

• Like Like x 1
  16. amazub88

amazub88 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria did not have any tables like that. The one table I played inside Paris HL was not like that, but I can't speak for all the baccarat tables inside Paris. Inside Venetian, half their tables are commission and other half are Tiger Fortune (no commision, 50% payout on banker wins with 6).

• Informative Informative x 3
  17. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoying your report. Glad a host contacted you, as your Aria offer didn’t seem right for your level of play.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Wonka

Wonka Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First off Great TR, love the Baccarat ones.

and yes the betting system always goes out the door within 15 minutes for me too. you sound similar to how i bet... after 3 to 5.. just sort of let it ride... :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve been trying to use the “press half the last bet” method. It works pretty well, until it doesn’t. :bang:

Sucks about the no pics issue at these places. I’ve gotten lucky in Aria HL, but that was a few years ago. Cosmo seems cool with it too. Can’t wait to see what kind of offers you get after this! Thanks for the awesome ride. :thumbsup:

20. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report! Thanks for sharing with us!

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.