1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

It's going to be hot! Bally's 7/31-8/2

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Bigolcamel, Jul 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigolcamel

Bigolcamel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

After booking and canceling trips in April, May, June, and July I finally decided to take a quick weekend trip to Vegas! I had a flight voucher from Spirit and was able to book my usual 6AM flight out of PDX with the the big front seats for $160 round trip. I still have $150 in vouchers left over for my next trip.

I originally booked a comped king Flamingo Executive room with the hopes of upgrading to a mini/junior suite. After reading about the wait list for the pool and noticing the rack rate of the Flamingo room, $180, vs $93 at Bally's, I changed my reservation this morning. I'm hoping that I will be able to have all of my meals and beers purchased in the gift shop comped off the back end with Bally's room comp value of only $130.20 for the weekend. Typically I do 1k TC's/day which I figure is a theo of $500/day. That should leave me with $90 extra a day in comp value.

I land in Vegas at 8AM and am hopeful that I'll be able to check into my room right away. If my room is ready I'll unpack and walk down to Mon Ami Gabi for breakfast on the patio at 9:30. My gambling plan Friday morning is to play craps at Paris, Bally's, Flamingo, Linq, and Harrah's. I'll start with $500 at each table and leave after an hour, if I lose $250, or if I double my buy in. I can already see the parlayed hard ways hitting!.

I'd like your opinion on using my downtown comps this trip or not. Here are my offers at the D/GG:

Golden Gate JULY 2020 - 4 Nights - $25 Food&Beverage Credit - $200 Promo Chip (Once per month)
    the D JULY 2020 - 3 Nights - $45 Food&Beverage Credit - $110 Free Slot Play - $50 Match Play

I also have $21 in earned comps, can pick up $50 in match play and the D with my Spirit boarding pass, and $25 match play for mentioning Richard Wilk (sp?).

I would not be playing to my usual level downtown and am debating whether I want to short play them and risk future comps. I'm not sure if I ever see myself staying downtown. I think I'd miss using the pools on the strip when the weather if nice. Circa is tempting but there's no guarantee I'd even qualify for comped rooms.

Does any have any guesses to how my my future comps would be affected if I played through GG's promotional chips, The D's slot play and match plays, and spent my food credits at Andiamo's? I may play craps at the D for an hour or so not much more.

My plans for Saturday is to start the day off with a room service breakfast. Have to fight the hangover. I have a $25 resort credit at Cosmo from the matching game a few months ago that I'll use at Momofoku. The pork belly bun and Ramen lunch special for $25 is calling my name. I'll hopefully make it to the pool, Bally's or Paris, for an hour, and plenty of craps and video poker. I may try a few hundred at slots. I've never played before but might try and seed the Wynn with a 2-3k coin in. I don't think I've signed up for a red card before.

I'm really going to miss the bars being open. I love taking breaks at the bar and playing quarter VP. I'm slightly concerned about drink service for the weekend. Concerned enough that I may buy a bottle of liquor for the room and make roadies. Though limiting alcohol may be the responsible thing to do. In my last trip report and woke up with a pack of cigarettes on the table and very little memory of getting back to my room. I'm not a smoker lol.

I'm going into this trip with low expectations but hoping for the best. I'm bring $3,000 for my bankroll and hope I don't have to dig into my credit line at Caesar's. Only 21 hours of work today and tomorrow before I can shut my brain off for three days. I'll drop the dog off at the dog hotel tomorrow afternoon and plan on staying up all night Thursday so I don't sleep through my alarm. I have to be on the road at 3:15 AM for my hour drive up to PDX.

• Like Like x 13
    • Love Love x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Cageet

Cageet VIP Cow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have similar bankrolls. I would take the downtown offers and short play them. No idea on how that affects your future comps.

If you are serious about seeding Wynn, you can't worry about downtown future offers. Unless you hit something during your trip, you will be stretching your bankroll too much trying to play for future comps at multiple places. You might end up with disappointing offers everywhere. Better to have nicer offers at fewer places.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Bigolcamel

Bigolcamel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea I think short playing downtown is the way to go. With $125 in match plays, $200 in promo chips, and $110 in slot play I'm hoping to leave with $3-400 in cash. I like the idea of seeding Wynn but I highly doubt I'll take the time to lyft up there and spend a few hours doing it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bigolcamel

Bigolcamel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I made it through another work day. Only one patient swore at me so it was a pretty good day. I have another 12 hour shift tomorrow 10AM-10PM. I’ll do laundry after work and head up to the airport after drinking a pot of coffee at 3 AM.

I picked up the essentials today. I’m not buying a $20 bottle of sunscreen again for 90 minutes at the pool.
    1DB4E7D9-82DC-4DA1-9C74-83786B2A106E.jpeg

And it’s my last night until Monday where I get to sleep with this sweet girl.

8A2C3FE3-78A6-493A-92A1-88E69C2B7529.jpeg

• Like Like x 14
    • Love Love x 7
  5. B T

B T ‍♂️

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good advice above about short playing in this scenario since it would be difficult maintaining places that will be neglected anyways. Good luck on your trip. Will you move this thread to the trip report section when you leave for Vegas?

I also have some comps at the D. So we don't have to stay there to redeem the food credit, slot play, and match plays correct?

6. LVRaiders

LVRaiders Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm flying in this morning and will be picking up some pedialyte at the CVS upon arrival. Stay safe and cool!

Hoping for Pool Weather
    Trying out Vdara
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Necrochaos

Necrochaos VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is short playing?

8. Bigolcamel

Bigolcamel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Short playing is not gambling to a level that generates enough Theo to justify the comps given.

I just finished a two mile run. That should be enough to offset the 30 drinks I’ll be having in the next 72 hours. I really miss the gym. I’ve gotten softer the last five months only doing home exercises.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Bigolcamel

Bigolcamel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ll ask a mod to move it to the trip report section once my trip starts.

The D doesn’t require a stay to redeem any of your comps. Same with the GG.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bigolcamel

Bigolcamel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took the dog on her morning walk and decided to bring her to work with me for the morning. I’ll drop her off at the dog hotel at 2. It’s going to be a long day at work.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tried to make my office as comfortable as possible for her.

• Love Love x 13
    • Like Like x 5
  11. Bigolcamel

Bigolcamel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I survived my last day of work before the trip. Only one patient dropped an F bomb at me after I told him it’d be a 12 week recovery. I was just saying “Vegas Baby!” In my head. Can’t put me in a bad mood.

I’m brewing a pot of coffee, folding laundry and starting to pack.

[​IMG]
    I refilled the little bottles with some Knob.

[​IMG]
    Bankroll and a little party

[​IMG]
    Do I eat this when I park my car at the airport?

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 3
  12. B T

B T ‍♂️

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Eat them then chase the gummies with some knob creek. Currently drinking Knob Creek Single Barrel myself.

Let's get this thread moved to the trip report section now that it is getting real :) @breanna61 @Sonya please help this gentlemen. :D:beer:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Bigolcamel

Bigolcamel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The best thing about not going to sleep tonight is that I wouldn't be drinking for breakfast. I'd just be starting my night.

I really should eat it in Oregon. Our prices are so much better. That 50mg gummy is $5 at my local dispensary. Around the strip I'd be paying $40-50.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bigolcamel

Bigolcamel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I parked in economy long term parking at 3 30 this morning. I used the economy parking for the first time two weeks ago for my Minnesota trip and it worked well. Typically I just pay for normal parking to save time. This 6AM flight is early enough with an hour drive to the airport. I usually don’t want to deal with a shuttle but I got an early start today. I timed the shuttle perfectly this time.
    [​IMG]
    For the second trip in a row I’m the only passenger going through security. Two weeks ago I went through at 6 30 AM.

I ate the edible and it’s just started to hit while I was going through security. I forgot that I had a pack of gum in my right pocket and had to go through the x ray twice. They asked me at least four times if I had anything in my right pocket and I kept saying no. I finally figured it out and made it through. My brains acting a little slow right now but should be able to sleep on the two hour flight.

[​IMG]
    My favorite airport bar is closed. Probably for the best. I’ve got a long day of drinking and gambling ahead.

• Like Like x 5
  15. nonahs

nonahs Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And away......we.......go......
    Following along. Knock ‘em dead!

• Like Like x 2
  16. dtmk66

dtmk66 Welcome to Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do tell more upon arrival, lots of pictures please. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great time! My flight was switched to an early departure and I'm not looking forward to it but I will enjoy being in Vegas in time for lunch.

I am one of the few/only people on this board who really enjoy the Bally's pool. Deep water, monorail, the sleepy pool vibe is my speed. Never been to the Paris one yet but it looks very nice.

Cute puppy!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Bigolcamel

Bigolcamel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I was the third person off the plane and ordered my Lyft while walking to the ride share pickup. I’m on my way to Bally’s and am debating asking for an executive suite upgrade or just keep my base king room.

• Like Like x 10
  19. Bigolcamel

Bigolcamel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checked in 40 minutes after landing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]