1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Beach Tents/Wagons - help please!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by TracyinVegas, Jul 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TracyinVegas

TracyinVegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Folks!
    I want to buy my daughter in Tampa a beach tent- I am looking at the 4 pole SUN NINJA - and am considering an expensive Mac Sports wagon for her to haul her stuff. Anyone have any recommendations for me? The tent is $160 and the wagon around $200. Hate to drop that kind of money if products aren't any good. Thx to all for your feedback!!

2. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't have either, I carry my stuff to the beach and I use a Sport-Brella along with a sand screw. Those 4 pole tents are much heavier and require more effort to put up and tether down or fill 4 bags with sand to keep it from blowing away. There are many folks who disagree with me because I seen them on the beach, but they almost always have some kind of cart because they would be too heavy to carry.

The only advice I can give you when it comes to wheeled carts on the beach, if they don't have the large grey balloon tires, don't even consider it. I have studied these beach carts and go to the beach often and considered manufacturing a cart with a colleague. The black pneumatic general purpose tires are crap because they sink into the sand and wide, hard plastic wheels that basically push the sand aside as you drag it.

There is a company in China that made a grey balloon tire called Wheleez, but they may have competition now. This type of wheel just floats over the soft sand and makes pulling a cart effortless because of low psi and its wide track. https://www.islandbeachgear.com/alumacart-gray-11-8in-balloon-sand-tire.html. The only minor problem with the carts with the big balloon wheels is they take up some room and if your daughter drives to the beach, she will need something that doesn't take up a lot of space in the car or truck.

There is something like this with big grey balloon tires that would be perfect as it folds up and you could fit a cooler, some chairs and that 4 post tent. Good Luck!

• Love Love x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. TracyinVegas

TracyinVegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks so much for your feedback, Hammie. You are saving me from buying costly crap. I saw a balloon tire all-aluminum wagon - for $600!! I am going to pass on wagon idea but if you ever do manufacture one, let me know!

4. mike honcho

mike honcho Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rooleez or the later wheeleez beach carts are worth their weight in gold. We live 1/2 mile from beach and it takes everything we need and can be pulled with 1 finger thru the sand. I am a cheap bastard who rides the bus in vegas but when my original rooleez died i replaced it with a new wheelez. Its that good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  5. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can I assume your daughter drives to the beach? What kind of car does she have? Serious question because you need to fit the cart, beach chairs, tent, cooler of beverages into the car.

6. TracyinVegas

TracyinVegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mike Honcho - I checked out Wheeleez - which do you own? That $400 green wheel barrow is sweet! My kid has a RAV 4 so should be plenty of room.

7. mike honcho

mike honcho Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My original cart had a white tub and green tires. My newest one has gray tires and an orange tub. Check facebook marketplace. Off season you can find them for sale at a good price. A lot of people sell the beach house then sell the cart at a deep discount.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.