1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo 7/22-7/27; Plaza 7/27-7/30

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by World Book, Jul 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoVegas

BoVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Following TR, Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can work with this texting system. Unfortunately I’m at Cosmopolitan and I have no idea if they even have a system lol. Things are moving so fast in Vegas with the distancing adjustments I can barely keep up! Thanks for the info!

Ladies getaway, somewhere on the strip with a pool :)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Wallew

Wallew VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for taking us along for your trip. Hope to see an update with a big win.

4. World Book

World Book Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, originally thought this was about Forum shops...see that reply below. Yes, the promenade is also 99% open.

I would say that 95% of stores open. Atlantis show closed. I know that most of you have strolled that before but wow!! Just say that so nice and without the large crowds was surreal. Perfect!

• Like Like x 1
  5. World Book

World Book Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wish that could gift them...don't drink and not a Starbucks fan. Oh well!

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  6. World Book

World Book Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went back down to Go pool at 1:30 when had not gotten text. Asked pool manager to check where I was on list. Very nicely checked and since I was a solo let me in! Yay!! Spent three hours lounging and ordered a lemonade in one of refill Go cups. Cost $12 but can be refilled if go to pool again for free with non alcoholic drinks. Plus pretty nice.

Now for those following...I stopped by the Rewards center to see what goes with Diamond status and to and if there was a list of restaurants currently open to use diamond dinner. Got this list of currently open restaurants and this cute Flamingo mask. Os there any on here that someone would say is a definite must? Like a good steak and possibly shrimp/lobster something.

My plan tonight is nap and then exploring and BJ. Played at Bellagio last night in effort to seed some future good will with MLife. 3:2 $25 a hand on $15 table. Played three hours and got 986 points. Ended session up $400.
    Came back to Flamingo and played double deck BJ $25 a hand for three hours. Ended session up $75 with 476 points. Was just tired and still on Indiana time and called it a night.

If there is anything you would like a picture of or me to check out just shout it out. Don't mind tracking something down. I truly enjoy the wandering attitude of vacationing...who knows what you will discover!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  7. 3OfDiamonds

3OfDiamonds Waiting For “Very Good” Video Poker @ Rio…

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Red Bulls, sodas, and/or premium bottled waters might be available (they were while the bars were open so it follows that one could get them from restautants) :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Necrochaos

Necrochaos VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you going to check out Bally's since they just opened?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wondering if they would let you use them for a random family in line? Good karma paying it forward especially if you aren’t going to use them.:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  10. World Book

World Book Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, that was the plan for tonight, wander to Bally and then zig zag back to home base, more BJ and night night.

11. Vegaswanderer

Vegaswanderer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought someone reported that caesars diamond status or better allows some sort of pool priority at the Flamingo. Is that not the case?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. World Book

World Book Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is not the case...first come first serve according to occupant limit according to pool manager. So everyone is hitting buzzer at 9:59:59 and trying to get on list. Then whatever is left by time cabana/daybed people get in they then start going down list. There might be a edge if there was a spot for two people and one group was diamond and other was not. Will ask tomorrow...feel like hunger games. May the odds be ever in my favor!

Bally- lost $200 playing $1 DDBP progressive at 6k plus...ugg! This is why play BJ

Table limits
    Craps-3 open at $10
    Three card $5 can touch cards
    UTH $5
    No plexiglass at any tables

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  13. B T

B T ‍♂️

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is a juicy progressive. $1 DDB is very volatile so I would budget for swings more than $200 so consider yourself lucky lol regardless hoping you turn things around! How was the ambiance of Bally's? @World Book

• Like Like x 2
  14. Vegaswanderer

Vegaswanderer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! Do you or anyone else happen to know if the Flamingo hotel room TVs have USB inputs (the inputs for Fire Sticks etc)? And does the Flamingo still have ethernet/wired internet in the rooms (in addition to wireless which I am sure they have). The reason I ask is that wired internet may allow for a bit more stable internet connection for online poker while I am in the room.

15. World Book

World Book Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was so tempting and with it being opening night thought I would throw a little at it...$200 was just in case money lol! I will settle in later for BJ and hopefully have a normal session. Bally's was slow on my way down strip early in evening. But was filling in when made my way into Paris as wandering. Paris much busier. Masks everywhere and enforced heavily.

Stopped at Cosmo to sign up for player card and seed. Got $5 slot play. Also if earn 500 or 1000 tier points get $30 or $60 in food credit.
    Played VP and hit some of these. Earned total of 516 credits. Will check out food options tomorrow. Cosmo much much busier as night moves on. Curious to see how return journey looks crowd wise.

Making my way to NYNY to see that property.
    I can definitely check when get back to room.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  16. Vegaswanderer

Vegaswanderer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the above post, I guess I meant to ask whether there was an HDMI input into the TV rather than an a USB input. The Fire Stick goes into the HDMI input. Thanks!

17. World Book

World Book Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is what I see. Let me know if you need anything else... 20200724_082001.jpg

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. World Book

World Book Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So overall impression from last night's wandering....I freaking love the Cosmo! Everything from decor to workers above and beyond! Had a minor wardrobe mishap. Helped by no less than five people. Paris is cool but small it seems. Bally's sad...maybe just due to opening night. MGM Grand and NYNY not for me. Have discovered that am definitely a mid strip kinda girl.
    Played $25 a hand BJ at NYNY and left up $525. Just was boring. I have played at other places with plexiglass and the other players went out of way to be friendly to each other as well as the dealers. Kinda of a stiff upper lip thing...chin up and carry on...we will still have a good time no matter what attitude! Here there was none of that...just uck.
    Finished back at Flamingo with $25 min 3:2 double deck BJ. Left up $100.
    So overall:
    BJ+625
    VP-140
    Getting ready for new day and pool lottery. As a solo woman traveler who has ventured to 14 different countries and unknown number of other state side vacations, I will say that so far have not had any uncomfortable moments. Just for those thinking about that aspect in consideration of solo. My motto is "awareness-the life you save maybe your own".

• Like Like x 11
    • Love Love x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  19. Feedyourhead

Feedyourhead Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love this report from the perspective of a solo woman in Vegas. I want to go solo one day but but husband is nervous about it, the only part that makes me nervous is a solo Uber. Anyways, keep up the winning!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Vegaswanderer

Vegaswanderer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the TV photo!

soooGRATEFUL

That's my online poker handle too coincidentally! Looks like maybe I can hook my laptop to the big TV screen for the poker.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.