1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bellagio 7/5-7/8/2020!!! (actual)

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by DaiLun, Jun 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Btw your pics of breakfast look so good.. breakfasts are my comfort food lol...
    couple of eggs, hash brown, bacon/sausage and side of toast ... man oh man!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. luckylinda

luckylinda High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice recovery! Enjoying your report thanks for writing them

3. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    AFAIK, if you're not wearing one, they won't let you in. If they see you not wearing one, they will ask you to put it on. I have not observed what refusal will bring.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. MaxDenom

MaxDenom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on turning your luck around again! Be sure to see if anyone at Bellagio can cough up any info about HGS this fall. :cool:

5. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @DaiLun, congratulations on all the hits at downtown. You are back up to a very nice profit. Your photo of the cigar buffet, see below, proves that there is, in fact, still a buffet in downtown!

BTW, my son, whom you dined with, had his first cigar in the Bahamas and wound up with an nicotine headache so he is no fan of cigars -- probably a good thing.

Were you and your BFF able to show your boarding passes for free play at The D and at El Cortez?

FAB

Vato.PNG

6. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never saw a mask refusal last weekend. What did see were a lot of reluctant mask wearers improperly pulling them under their nose after security is away.

FAB

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I made it a point to ask at the mLife booth, but everyone claimed ignorance. I'm sure that someone knows, but for some reason they just don't want to announce yet.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Wallew

Wallew VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another great TR as always.

9. philvie

philvie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another great trip report, btw, you planning on posting anymore YouTube video's?

10. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have no idea how this didnt make mine or Luck's TR, but we had a long conversation about how those legs they were carving would make great home defense weapons, and how those fancy holders would look nice on a valet or sideboard, or couch table, or where ever :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were there twice and there was much more enforcement than before, but probably still had the overall most crowding and non-compliance we saw anywhere. But the staff at this point was clearly taking an active interest. Wasnt nearly as bad as I had seen on the YouTubes or read about in earlier TRs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Final night of eating and gambling.

I had a very short nap, so BFF and I went over to Sam's Town before dinner.

I got a good look at the new Game of Thrones themed machine, Winter is Here, featuring the Night King
    upload_2020-7-7_21-23-24.png
    I played it Downtown at Fremont or Binions briefly, and got a lot more time in at Sam's Town
    I played all of the bonus games, Free Spins and Beyond the Wall
    This is the Night King feature. If you get a full reel (on the first reel) of Night King, you get 5 more reels. The third reel is a 2X multiplier Note that I was lucky enough to get symbols on all 6 reels this time.
    upload_2020-7-7_21-25-55.png
    This is one of the bonus games, Beyond the Wall
    upload_2020-7-7_21-27-26.png
    You are shown three heroes, Ser Jorah Mormont Jon Snow, and Tormund Giantsbane
    upload_2020-7-7_21-29-11.png
    You get a minimum of 5 spins. If you get the icon, you defeat the enemy, at the end of the first 5 spins, you need to get an icon in the space to continue.

During normal play, if you get a full reel of a character, and 4 more characters on the next 4 reels, you have the chance of getting a higher paying icon on the 6th reel.

I actually found this to be a medium volatility machine, with more payouts than the previous two machines, but slot machines being what they are, you cannot take my word for granted.

I "gave back" about $500 at Sam's Town. Played Buffalo Diamond and got the bonus, but it was only 16 games at 2X.

On to the D. BFF was kind enough to cash in a $2.50 TITO I had at the Cal Club, and meet me at the D. He was also trying to find out if the Beef Jerky store on the overpass between Main Street Station was open.

He found out that the EARLIEST that Main Street Station will open is September.

I went to the VIP booth and gave my host the gift. She came out later and told me that it wasn't necessary. I told her it was to ensure that I stayed in her "good graces". Gave back another $400 at the D. I'm starting to hemorrhage $$$ and I need to stop it.

We got in early, 6PM instead of our reservation time of 6:30

The have cut the capacity of Andiamo's in half. For those of you who have been there, the long table has been removed from the center of the room, and some booths have been removed. Still, it's a nice place to eat.

We ordered:
    1/2 dozen oysters
    upload_2020-7-7_21-38-3.png
    28 oz. Bone-in ribeye medium rare
    upload_2020-7-7_21-38-33.png
    Lobster Ravioli
    upload_2020-7-7_21-38-47.png
    Asparagus for vegetable.
    upload_2020-7-7_21-39-13.png
    BFF ordered a meatball to go
    We had $150 to spend, and the bill came to:
    upload_2020-7-7_21-41-38.png
    The manager was nice enough to let my BFF used his GG food comp. We left $40 as a tip.

I dropped BFF off at Flamingo and we made arrangements to tomorrow journey to Jerry's Nugget for Prime Rib to go.

I went back to Bellagio, and here's where it could've gotten really ugly.

I was getting beaten up left and right, and lost back most of what I had been up, but I sat down at a Buffalo Revolution machine and somehow managed to claw out a $950.00 bonus game,

Cashed out at the cage.

Total for the end of the trip:

$850 in cash (down from $2300, but still "up")
    Surface Pro 3
    $100 in Silver Strikes
    $200 in match play chips at the D

On the "intangible" side:

Dinner for two at Bazaar Meats
    Comp breakfast for two at Magnolia's
    Comp lunch for three at WuHu noodle at Silverton
    Comp dinner for two at Andiamo's

That's about $500 in value.

OK, my assessment of this trip.

I do NOT like a "dumbed down" Las Vegas. One of the things that I enjoy is looking at the pretty women's faces. At this time, they're mostly covered up. I passed by a craps table earlier today and looked at a cute looking (from what I could tell) Asian dealer. She "glared" back at me (at least that's how it felt), and then I realized that she couldn't see my smile. I went back and lowered my mask and said "I just wanted you to know that I was smiling at you". Her eyes change from a glare to something less but she didn't lower he mask.

You can't "really" talk to anyone, the masks make it really a PITA.

Now, BFF and I played by the rules. He sat in the back passenger seat whenever I was driving. We sat kitty corner or in a booth when we ate. We were meticulous at dining not to come into contact and split food with "first use" utensils.

I am scheduled to do a comp trip in September to Venetian/Palazzo. However, I will really be thinking about canceling that trip if conditions stay the same.

BFF mentioned (since he was in LV a couple of weeks ago) that it was more of a "Wild West" atmosphere, since a lot of rules weren't in place.

Tomorrow, we head over to Jerry's Nugget. I am choosing the thick cut, rare and blackened. 28-30 oz. and $32.89. I might have enough comp points to cover. BFF hasn't decided yet.

*yawn* time for bed . . . .see you tomorrow.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 12
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. B T

B T ‍♂️

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing that the new GoT game is at Binion's. I will have to check it out there when I go in two days. Hope the game gets picked up on the strip. I always see many new games outside of the strip first such as the second GoT game was at Boyd properties first.

Good luck!

14. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that it was Binion's. I will have to ask BFF tomorrow morning. It may have been the Boyd property next to Binion's

• Like Like x 2
  15. B T

B T ‍♂️

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank's it would help. I saw the play of the new GoT game online and it looked more entertaining than the other games.

16. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, it's only entertaining if you win. Max bet on these is $5.00 and the money goes fast if you're not hitting anything.

17. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had $200 FP at the D and $200 at Golden Gate, so didn't "ask" for more. Didn't make it down to El Cortez this trip. I am holding onto the Match Play chips from the D.

18. Count de Monet

Count de Monet High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You bring up a very good point, especially to a solo traveler like myself. I really enjoy the random social interaction in Vegas at the tables, bartops, etc. but the health and safety precautions really prevent that from happening.

I have always felt Vegas was the most solo friendly city I could visit but that fringe benefit has vanished under current conditions.

• Like Like x 3
  19. alexm

alexm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the great trip report as always. Just thought I would give you a head's up. Currently PA in general and Philadelphia specifically has a 14 day quarantine in effect as well.

20. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you. I am getting ready to cancel my Boston, AC and Philadelphia trip. :cry:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.