1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

For locals or recent/current visitors, how's the Uber/Lyft situation?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Matto556, Jun 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matto556

Matto556 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going to be there mid July and would like to avoid renting a car. I've heard that there aren't many drivers working now. I don't mind a little longer wait then usual, but I don't want to be out and stuck because there are no drivers available at all.

2. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I waited less than 10 minutes today.

• Like Like x 1
  3. smooth899

smooth899 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there last week and waited 10-15 minutes each ride. From LAS to Bellagio, Caesars to 4 Queens, and 4 Queens to LAS. Usual wait time is around 5 minutes.

• Like Like x 2
  4. KnowItAll

KnowItAll VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Opening weekend was tough , waited 30 mins at airport and had first two rides canceled. About 20 mins for return to airport from hotel

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  5. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ill be there a lil later today and will try to report back

• Like Like x 1
  6. NewOrleansSlimm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used lyft, uber may be faster as they had some people walk up and get a car before myself and others, maybe they just put the request in on the walk over

lyft had options, regular wait or wait longer and save $1...i took the regular lyft, it said 30 minute wait, once confirmed it showed 10 minute wait...it was about 10 minutes

• Like Like x 2
  7. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last Sunday I waited about 6 minutes for a Lyft at the airport. Returning to airport from flamingo yesterday, about a 5 minute wait

• Like Like x 2
  8. subafrk

subafrk Longing to be sipping a Scotch at the Cromwell...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there opening weekend and use Lyft. Wait from the airport was about average, wait from The D to Caesars was about 20 mins, wait from Caesars to airport was about 30 mins. Caesars rideshare pickup in the parking garage was completely empty as in, I was the only one there at 4pm on a Monday afternoon. The wait seems to be a little longer than it used to be, but there aren't nearly as many drivers on the road. All of the drivers that I rode with were happy to be back to work, but said that they were queued up with rides before they dropped off their current rides so the drivers working are working nonstop.

Just make sure you give yourself enough time and you will be fine. I'll be using them again out there in a couple of weeks without concern.

• Like Like x 1
  9. topcard

topcard Here's to $10 3:2 two-deck, $5 Craps, and $5 UTH!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On 6/9, took about 20 minutes for my Uber to arrive at the airport.
    On 6/12, took about 10 minutes for my Uber to arrive at the El-Co.

Annual Spring Trip!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. NewOrleansSlimm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    my driver said I was his first ride since re-opening...he also had the driver area taped off with clear plastic lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My brother rented a car last Sunday evening and it was a disaster. The line to board the shuttle bus was longer than the taxi line. Another wait at the understaffed rental counter with the express line unavailable. I’m sure this was all part of the reopening jitters, my guess is the Uber situation will recover faster than the rental car companies.

• Like Like x 1
  12. singerdon

singerdon Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all,

Gonna be in Vegas July 2, but won't pick up my rental car until the 3rd. So will need to Uber/Lyft downtown from the airport, and then downtown to the rental car place the next day.

How easy or hard has it been to get an Uber/Lyft nowadays, and are the drivers typically wearing masks, etc? Would a cab be more reliable/timely?

Singerdon
    Milwaukee.

13. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any way will probably eat one days worth of car rental fees. Sure you can't change your rental dates? I know it's 4th of July weekend, but . . .

Even taking a one day rental and dropping it off on the 3rd might be cheaper.

To answer your question. My BFF just got back. He said it was 15 minutes to get an uber and $15-$20 to get from the Airport to the Flamingo.

If it were me, I'd take the bus.

OK, I just checked and the lowest (from the 5 car rental companies that I use) for a one day rental is $60.00, so that's your over/under.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. NewOrleansSlimm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    10-15 minute wait time, lots are still collecting unemployment...mask are mandatory for you and the driver, my driver airport to flamingo had a mask and plastic partician, prices have been normal for me, airport/Flamingo $13, flamingo to the D $11

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. ACSCLE

ACSCLE Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A friend just got back from Vegas and told me the Uber situation was terrible. Half hour wait at the airport. Same thing trying to leave downtown.

16. topcard

topcard Here's to $10 3:2 two-deck, $5 Craps, and $5 UTH!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it's running, use the WAX to get downtown...$2.
    A cab will run you $40 before tip...Uber, about $22.
    There are 2 car rental locations downtown - Enterprise @ 'the D', and Budget at the Nugget...
    Why not price-compare just renting from them, and save the trip from downtown to the car rental place?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2020
    Annual Spring Trip!
    • Agree Agree x 3
  17. azbob

azbob MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    True on the wait from the airport. For others, they lost their leased car so that also reduces the number of drivers.

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. NewOrleansSlimm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    for me, it was 10-15 minutes for every ride I took, no wait longer than that...several times it found a driver and after a few minutes, it switched to someone closer

• Like Like x 1
  19. HWParlay

HWParlay Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was there this previous week from Thursday June 25th - June 27th and took three trips with UBER and the average wait time is around 8-12 minutes. Took a taxi from Harrah's to the airport and just happened to glance at the meter and it is a flat $27.00 fare. Did NOT know this.

Attached Files:

20. Jesse

Jesse Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is based on this last weekend (Thursday-Monday)Uber had longer waits. Not that there was a lot of people waiting,just that the drivers were less so it said a driver would be 15-25 minutes away. Ended up taking a taxi and since my rides were short ended up being the same price I would have paid on uber probably.

• Informative Informative x 2
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.