1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

First time comps - lots of offers from Mlife

Discussion in 'Comps' started by kbecks, Jun 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kbecks

kbecks Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey guys - have what might be a dumb question and wanted to get some input. I've made a few trips to Vegas this year, never more than 2 nights and sometimes only 1 night, and typically do $1-2K of coin-in plus a few hours of craps with $25 passline (2x odds) and buying 6 and 8 most times for a total of ~$75 at any given time or so. Figured this would be worth some sort of room but never was comped much besides some food taken off the bill at the end.

I didn't have any offers for the last few months and was wondering if Mlife had forsaken me, but suddenly just got offers for 2/3/4 nights stays and some RC and FP (specifics vary depending on tier of hotel).

So the dumb question - if i do a quick trip and use 1 or 2 of the 4 nights available at NYNY, for example, would i then lose all of the other offers at other hotels? Considering a spontaneous visit but would be super disappointed if i lost some of the better offers for taking the quick trip.

They all say they expire by end of August, so basically im wondering if i can use multiple of these offers before they all expire (with that 3 day separation i've heard about).

2. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. Book them all before your initial trip

No reason to go home yet.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. kbecks

kbecks Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh wow i'm glad i asked. So looks like i have to use an offer/it won't let me book without one. Do you have until arrival for the earliest booked offer trip to use the remaining? And then would I basically need to wait another 1-2 months for additional offers?

Appreciate the education, it almost seems like they don't want you to know the details before losing all the offers or something :D

4. ACSCLE

ACSCLE Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booking one offer is not going to make the other offers lost completely but after an offer is booked, the comps will disappear on the online booking calendar for a certain amount of days after the planned trip.

So you could book 1/2 nights at NYNY and then book 3 or 4 nights at Aria or wherever after that. I'm assuming if you spaced everything out and visited enough, you could book a comped room at every single M Life hotel from the same batch of offers.

If you're worried about low-playing them and the comps going away, it wouldn't happen until your current offer expires. So make sure you book everything you want to before the end of August.

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah agree with @jpw711, if you want to rapid fire trips, I'd do them all when allowed. Of course you realize if you under play them your future comps might go to nothing, but it's all about maximizing long term value, imo. If your previous comps are that poor, i consider burning them myself, enjoy, and possibly seeding elsewhere.

6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with everybody so far.

I think you can book up to 3 trips on the same offer, that's been my experience. Once I went to book a 4th, it appeared like they would only give me the first night comped. This was when the offers were good for a year.

If you know your dates, you might as well book (or try to book) 3 trips now, although I also think it would take longer than August for them to catch up with your play if you low-played on the first trip. It's safer to book multiple trips now.

Once you book a stay, their system will automatically block you from booking the 3 nights prior to your arrival and 2 nights following your checkout day.

As far as timing of future offers, it's a little erratic in the current environment. I think once Aug 31 draws near, you can expect them to push out your expiration date; I don't know how having existing reservations still on the books would affect your ability to book more trips further out. IF 3 at a time is the limit now, I'd expect that to remain true.

7. jsadlak

jsadlak Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I rarely play mlife properties. Like almost nothing besides $20 in a slot while waiting for a dinner reservation or a show. I have gold status Only because of a hotel match. 2 weeks ago I had 3 free weekend nights at Excalibur for the end of July so I booked it. Yesterday I logged in and also had the 1/2/3/4 free nights at almost all the properties and I could book that in addition to the 3 nights I already booked (different weekend of course).

8. ACSCLE

ACSCLE Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely take advantage of the offers while you can, then. Book the nicest, most expensive rooms possible.

9. KnowItAll

KnowItAll VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah thats what I was thinking cause I got Bellagio and Aria as well as all the low end properties

• Like Like x 1
  10. ACSCLE

ACSCLE Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those two will be the first to go if your offers get lowered, maybe Vdara as well. The low end places are likely to stick around longer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.