1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Where will we be moved from Mirage 2 bedroom?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Mysticstang, Jun 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mysticstang

Mysticstang Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So we are booked at mirage for July 19th but now they aren’t going to be open for us. so I’m wondering where people have been moved to from the mirage? Our issue is we have a 2 bedroom suite so it will be harder to accommodate us at a different resort.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Robin W

Robin W Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve been seeing a lot of posts on twitter/Facebook that people are being moved to Aria from Mirage. Seems like quite the upgrade if that is true.

Girl's Trip!
    Thanksgiving on the Strip
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mysticstang

Mysticstang Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes that’s what everyone has been saying. My issue is what our room type was at mirage is hard to move to aria since it’s a significant price increase that they wouldn’t be charging us lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. bwatson23

bwatson23 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Friend of mine was booked at Mirage July 1-5, they moved him over to Aria.

5. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please remember the original topic of this thread is asking where they will be moved if they have a 2 bedroom suite at Mirage. Will they be able to get an equivalent 2 bedroom suite?

I would suggest that @Mysticstang call MGM Resorts and ask, because I'm not sure we can give a definitive answer here.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. xman30

xman30 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm also wondering WHEN the change will happen!!! I recently booked a room at the Mirage for July 20-24. This thread made me aware of what happened with the Mirage. Not opening till August. I booked through MLife. Will MLife or the Mirage contact me or will I have to contact one of them??

xman30

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mysticstang

Mysticstang Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I just did that and the girl in VIP reservations had no clue that the mirage wasn’t opening until August now lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, rats. I guess you have to wait until they contact you. :( I wouldn't be happy with that answer though.

In another thread - https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/index.php?threads/mlife-email-if-your-resort-isnt-open-yet.174796/#post-2051516 - JaDubya suggested trying this email address: [email protected]

Maybe someone could give you some ideas of places that are open that have a 2 bedroom option, because it sounds like that's important. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. JaDubya

JaDubya High Roller? Nah...just a Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Mysticstang - are you part of Mlife? I’m not sure if that email Sonya posted above would work if you’re not. Hard to tell from your post how you booked the room.

There are 2 bedroom suites at Luxor Tower, Mandalay or Delano through Mlife. But it’s deep south strip so many folks aren’t happy with the location. I think the Luxor Tower Premier is a one bedroom suite with a one-bed connector.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Eddyhazkell

Eddyhazkell Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Mirage 2 Bedroom Suite is a great room but technically it is a large one-bedroom suite with another room connected. It might be easier to put you up elsewhere in a suite with another room connected, than finding you a comparable 2 bedroom setup.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Mysticstang

Mysticstang Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m gold with mlife and will be platinum at the end of my trip in a few weeks. I haven’t tried the email but I’m sure it goes to the same dept that I spoke with today.
    As for ones that have 2 bedrooms I wouldn’t want to be moved to any of those resorts. I booked mirage because that’s where we like to stay and it’s also mid strip as well. Luxor would be a step down imo. The other two idk. Honestly I think they should be giving people upgrades since they were selling rooms for dates that they didn’t know if they would be open or not. Not like they are slammed right now anyways lol

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Mysticstang

Mysticstang Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes it is important... actually I need a 3 bedroom to be honest lol.

13. JaDubya

JaDubya High Roller? Nah...just a Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to try to get a 2 bedroom suite comped. I could do it at Mandalay but not at higher end Mlife properties. It was always easier to get a one bedroom suite with a connecting room.

14. akhoya87

akhoya87 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Marquee suite at MGM is also a two-bedroom suite--South strip, but not *deep* South strip.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. joehypnosis

joehypnosis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mirage VIP confirmed for me last week opening 7/16. Did they confirm otherwise to you? Why do you believe they will not be open?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. xman30

xman30 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, that was last week. Things have apparently changed. If you were to go to Mirage's website or MLife's website you'll see that you can't book anything until August 6

xman30.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. romeocasido

romeocasido High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder if you can be proactive and call to give your preference of hotel property and room type rather than just waiting on them to reassign you. I'm sure they are scrambling to figure out where to assign all the guests. I have a feeling that taking the initiative could work and be beneficial to you

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Mysticstang

Mysticstang Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I already called vip but they said wait for an email. She
    Mentioned Mgm, NYNY and a couple other But NOT aria when that’s where most have been moved to. But then again she didn’t even know that mirage had been pushed out to August lol

19. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed completely. And also, as noted, even the people in the call centers don't have 100% solid information, and if they do have concrete information today, it might be different tomorrow. There has never been a situation like this, so it's not like asking what sides usually come with the chicken saltimbocca sandwich at Five50. Even if you called Bill Hornbuckle himself, I wouldn't base my entire set of expectations on what he said.

20. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was going to mention Mandalay Bay or Luxor on two bedrooms, but @JaDubya beat me to it!

Mandalay Bay would be first pick, Luxor second, but I like both hotels.

On Mandalay Bay vs. Mirage, we've had better experiences with with MB honoring an offer/booking than Mirage (aka not getting bumped down) but this is just our experience. Aria*** is my TOP top, but I agree, a two bedroom there could be very tough.

Mandalay Bay actually has bent over backwards a few times to make us feel extra welcome. A limo, free late checkout, fixing a double offer booking issue since Bellagio booked the wrong code on a previous trip, etc. We've just been really happy with Mandalay Bay, they are consistently good to us. Luxor is also a solid option for success in keeping a two bedroom.

Good luck.... and I hope you have an amazing trip!

*** PS... I'd still call Aria, and ask if they'll match your two bedroom. If occupancy is down, maybe they will. If not, and if you're open to two connectors at Aria, you could check on that as a second option. You won't have the fancier 2 bedroom, but would have two rooms.

Aria's Mlife people you call to book have often been amazing to us. Aria suprisingly has treated us BEST on never bumping, and also offering freebie throw-ins...IF we ask. My rule of thumb. Chit chat first. If the seem savvy and friendly, ask. If they seem new or grumpy, call back :)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.