1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

First time staying at the Palazzo! Any advice/tips?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by FloridaGirl, Jun 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FloridaGirl

FloridaGirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am booked through a promotion that they are running for essential workers. When first announced, they had 50,000 rooms allotted and you can stay one night totally free/no resort fee so when I called these were gone but I was able to get a buy one night and the second one free.

I was in Vegas May 25-29, visited the strip and Fremont and it was all very surreal so looking forward to getting back and seeing it semi-normal.

How's the pool? Are there any shaded areas? And I can use the Venetian pool as well, right?

Thanks!! :)

2. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Palazzo is beautiful. Rooms are huge, and the beds are fantastic. You will love it. Yes, you can use the Venetian pool.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love the place, super resort and will definitely be getting some of my cash next trip. As much as I've never been a fan, Sheldon really looked after his pepole and even some who weren't during this.

Sushi Samba has a great happy hour, and is great during the normal hours, too.

Super restaurant lineup, and some great bars for drinks, too.

The 'Tempest' at Bar Luca is one of my favourite G&Ts, although the Nomad bathroom floor would probably say I should avoid it in future :)

Have a great trip!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can't go wrong with this property. Although I've since become a convert to DT, when I was staying on the strip Palazzo my home base and I made multiple trips each year. I wasn't much of a pool guy, but can confirm you can use any pool on the property (and you can get from the V pools to the P pools all on the pool deck. As for shade, it depends largely on time of day and position of the sun, but the pools are placed in such locations that shadows are typically cast by the towers over certain areas at certain times. Someone that frequented the pools would have a better idea of timing - I spend most of my time on the strip and gambling.

Definitely enjoy your trip, you will love it. And as Marky said, great selection of restaurants in about any price range and fantastic bars with great tenders.

• Like Like x 3
  5. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're driving a car, self parking near the employment office elevators gets you right near the hotel elevators. The only problem is that if you use it for check-in, you have to do that (IMHO) hella long walk once.

When I stay at Palazzo in September, my plan is to:

1)Park near the Employment office elevators and leave my bags
    2)Walk to check-in
    3)Retrieve my baggage
    4)go to the room

Easy-peasy.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Eat at CUT and Grimaldi’s

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. mbely1000

mbely1000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My experience at the Palazzo is that there is almost too much shade. Our cabana was located in a spot where the Venetian blocked out the entire sun until close to 11 am. I believe that guests of either hotel can use both hotel's pools.

I like the all-suites at V/P. And their restaurants are quite good as well. Go for Cut, Delmonico, Yardbird and if it is open by then, Bouchon for breakfast.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really really enjoy the pizza at Grimaldis (The Brooklyn Bridge) and always make it a point to get a pie when in LV. If you like cookies, check out Honolulu Cookies inside the shops inside Venetian (also by Grimaldis)

• Like Like x 1
  9. FloridaGirl

FloridaGirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m in Vegas now! Love the Palazzo! Went down to the pool around 8am and lots of empty chairs, had the hot tub to myself.

I love Grimaldi’s but we have three locations at home. We ate at Grand Lux Cafe in the Venetian, Palazzo one is closed. We had drinks at The Dorsey.

So far we have eaten at Jardin at Wynn, Mon Ami Gabi, Vanderpump Cocktail Garden, Sadelle’s in the Bellagio and had drinks in the Petrossian Bar.

Staying at Aria now! It’s been a great trip!

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  10. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oooo nice sounds like you are having great time!! And thanks for your service being essential worker :) btw why don’t you write TR???

• Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.