1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Canceled my trip

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Dan_Tanna, Jun 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan_Tanna

Dan_Tanna Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welp, I ended up canceling my trip set for next week. Shows were going to start opening on July 1 but those were canceled as well. Still would like to go sometime this summer but we'll see. :(

DT

2. Paul K

Paul K VIP

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep. Cancelled my almost comped Mandalay Bay Penthouse yesterday and my 60% off steal of the decade 2 Bedroom Skyloft with Terrace and Plunge Pool at MGM I had book for my wife's October birthday this morning. Was told almost no one ever cancels those, which I am sure is the case especially as I was paying with tax only $2400 a night for it and they are a pain to secure.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  3. JaDubya

JaDubya High Roller? Nah...just a Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you don’t mind me asking, why did you cancel @Paul K ?

4. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Canceled my August birthday trip yesterday. Staying hopeful for Christmas in Vegas.

5. wormhole

wormhole VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to hear. I wish I was in a position to go. Even before the current situation, personal circumstances prevented it (still do).

6. COnative

COnative Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were supposed to leave this morning and cancelled last night when they announced the mandatory masks. My husband is a smoker and he just thought it would a hassle to have to pull it down or whatever every puff. I was hopeful when I booked it that at least if I had a drink/smoke in hand I wouldn't have to worry about a mask being on full time. We go to LV with our bankroll and most of the time we leave most if not all of it so we said spending $5K and not being able to enjoy it to the fullest wasn't worth it. I rebooked for August and maybe it won't be as much of an issue, but we will see!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Paul K

Paul K VIP

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd love to but I don't want to run afoul of the rules here. Just think about what news dropped very very recently as to why.

• Like Like x 5
  8. JaDubya

JaDubya High Roller? Nah...just a Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. Count de Monet

Count de Monet High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've cancelled April, June and July trips so far. August, September and October trips are reserved on what appears to be wildly unrealistic hope.

My thought was to get a trip in during the summer once covid case counts significantly declined and before a possible second wave of covid cases returned in the fall.

This recent widespread spike has really been a giant jolt of negativity to any plans this year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. progrocker2112

progrocker2112 Watch out for this guy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only invested 65 bucks on my plane trip and nothing on my rooms and with 6 weeks out we'll wait and see. I don't smoke, I'm just sick of wearing a mask for 40 hours a week already. I'll probably still put up with it and just take extra long gulps after arbitrary points, like perhaps every 3oak.

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hopefully this is not in violation - just facts.

Though we do wear masks right not when out and about, the required rule is a bit of a put off for us, but not the main reason to cancel ANOTHER in a series of bookings for Vegas - now including July. Lack of shows and the every other slot machine thing and Laurel lounges closed...well... just not ready yet.

12. northerngirl

northerngirl High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless a much needed miracle happens, I am 99.999% sure our annual August trip will be cancelled.:thumbsdown: It will be interesting if Sun Country will reimburse us for our paid airfare with a travel voucher, even tho we didn’t purchase travel insurance.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @northerngirl We were supposed to leave this morning for Seattle, flying non-stop on Alaska Airlines. Even though the tickets we purchased were "non-refundable", I got my full refund this week.
    When I tried to cancel 6 weeks ago, they said no refund and to try again when the trip was closer. Two weeks ago I tried again and they said OK. There is always hope.

• Like Like x 4
  14. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    American Spirit Organic Farms disagree.

This sounds like an excellent strategy. Did you come up with this on your own, or did you learn it from a seasoned veteran?

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. LVRaiders

LVRaiders Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Expect many many more cancelations, which means for those who do go, deals will be had. Stay safe.

April Trip
    Last Minute
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. progrocker2112

progrocker2112 Watch out for this guy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, I'll revise to say I don't smoke in Vegas
    Oh wise master.

17. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have Sept, Oct and Dec, airfare and rooms. Unless it becomes real obvious farther ahead of time, I'll hold on until a couple weeks before each one to decide. I plan what I'm going to eat, my bus routes, recount my BR and picture 3 Australias coming up on the Outback Jack screen, decide where I'll go each day, think about which machines I'll play with myVegas Konami FP... It gives me something to do. :D

18. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got my Vegas fix, 10 days worth, donated a nice healthy amount of cash, lol...had a great time until they went mandatory mask everywhere...I was supposed to leave late July 1st to head back home, instead I coughed up about $220 to leave tomorrow afternoon

ill keep on eye on how things go, hopefully by mid september mask wont be mandatory and ill be back for the Saints game and SEMA in November

19. STPFan

STPFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So sorry you had to cancel. My July 14 trip is on the chopping block as well. After the mask mandate we have decided not to go. It is not a disagreement with wearing masks, it is the fact that the "need" to make them mandatory signals to me that this pandemic is not moving in a positive direction.

So far we cancelled for a conference in May, a trip in June and now the July trip. We are scheduled for October and New Years. Keeping my fingers crossed on those.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Roccoscollar

Roccoscollar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back from a week there. Going back in August. I plan on always having a bottle of water or beer in my hand.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.