1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Earl and Wade Brave the Desert Once Again (Live June 24-July 1)

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Not at the table Carlos, Jun 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Not at the table Carlos

Not at the table Carlos Cheapskate

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Greetings sports fans! Earl here, ready to bring you the coverage of the next adventures of Earl and Wade as they navigate their way to fame and fortune in Las Vegas!!!

Unfortunately, this intro won't be as extravagant as last summer's wrestling video. I've barely been able to prepare for this trip at all. A few days ago I received my last paycheck as an educator after 11 years as a high school math teacher. My new job: Full-time parent of my new little 6 month old (Pearl). As of the first week in April, I had been on FMLA parental leave, which was paid because I had 90 sick days saved up. This also means I didn't have to put up with the distance learning bullshit. My hands have been full with her lately, and I've barely found time to write up this intro.

Tomorrow, I will be flying Southwest out of Greenville, SC....quick 55 minute stop in Atlanta....then just over 4 hours on the plane to Las Vegas, Nevada! My flight out of Greenville leaves at 7:20am EST and I arrive in Vegas at 10:40am PST. Once I land, I'll hook up with my pal Wade. He lands around the same time as I do, coming from Houston. We coached football together for a couple of years before he moved to the Houston area a couple of years ago. This will be something like our 7th week-long summer trip to Vegas together.

From McCarron airport, we will shuttle over to the rental car area to pick up our cheap POS rental vehicle for $41 courtesy of Budget. Our first order of business is to pick up my LVA from Huntington Press behind Rio. I didn't fully commit to this trip until around 10 days ago, so I wasn't confident it would arrive in time. I actually booked the trip in March, but never thought the trip would actually happen because of this asshole virus. After reading the first week's worth of TR's (THANK Y'ALL) I decided to say fuck it and go full throttle with the trip.

After picking up the LVA, nearest convenience store for a case of bottled water. At that point we will have probably 90 minutes to kill before we head BACK to McCarron to pick up the 3rd member of the party, Waldo. Waldo may seem like a minor character on our usual quests, but he is a major contributor to the overall party. I'm sure he will get in rare form at some point on the trip...likely while singing karaoke at Ellis Island.

From McCarron (again), late lunch at In N Out off of Tropicana. Double Double Animal Style please! From there, the coupon run begins. Gold Coast, Orleans, (Possibly Ellis Island, Tuscany, Silver 7's, Sam's Town, AZ Charlie's), Jerry's Nugget, Silver Nugget, Lucky Club, (Possibly Aliante), and finally parking the POS rental in the Golden Nugget garage to turn the keys in. Yes, I'm renting the car for a measly 8 hours or so.

At this point, Wade and I will check into our separate rooms at Golden Gate. Wade must stay in a room by himself per "the roommate agreement." Yes, a Big Bang Theory reference, but also kind of true. Long story with his current living partner. I've got 3 nights comped at Golden Gate, which will be my first time staying there. Saturday we move to Flamingo for 4 nights, which are also comped for the both of us, except for the resort fees of damnation.

Things you can expect to see in this TR:

Cheap meals (Not foodies at all)
    Gambling
    Hammered drunk
    Hammered drunk gambling
    Hopefully some funny stories....usually there are several that come along with the report.
    Any information that you may be seeking about the current conditions in Las Vegas. Just ask, and I'll see what I can do.

As I said, not much time to write up the report....but shit, I'm excited. Less than 18 hours until I land in the promised land. More details to come.

Anybody in town that wants to meet up...HOLLA!!!! Let's have a drink.

Love,
    Earl

Earl's 21st Trip
    • Like Like x 30
    • Love Love x 6
  2. Colesc15

Colesc15 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Woo! Can't wait to follow along!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. BoVegas

BoVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh Yeah, looking forward to your TR, living off TRs since our trip is not until Sept24, go getem, enjoy win have fun

• Like Like x 2
  4. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good Luck.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :woot:Let the games begin!:drunk:
    Have a great time...

• Like Like x 1
  6. patlives

patlives Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Earl, I would highly suggest upgrading to a suite at Golden Gate if possible. Regular rooms are the size of closets. On another note, are you going to stay on as a coach, or are you going cold turkey?

• Like Like x 1
  7. birdman925

birdman925 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't wait for the adventures!

• Like Like x 1
  8. FormallyTD

FormallyTD Big Time

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Behave yourselves.

Be good.

71eaaa9cc85131547a43f18778853876.gif

• Funny Funny x 6
  9. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Am I the only one intrigued about why Wade's roommate at home insists, and gets his/her way, in that Wade can't share a free room with Carlos? Why can't two friends get a room, with two queen beds, of course?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Not at the table Carlos

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think without getting into people’s opinions of how dangerous the virus is, it’s probably not worth discussing. All is worked out though!

Love,
    Earl

Earl's 21st Trip
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Not at the table Carlos

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you!

Earl's 21st Trip
  12. Not at the table Carlos

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good suggestion. Depending on price, we will see. We pretty much use the room for sleep and shower. We also are all on a small budget for a 7 night trip. My own bankroll is in the $1500 ballpark.......and I like video poker.....

As for coaching, not going to be able to this fall even if there is a season. Definitely will want to get back into it.

Earl's 21st Trip
  13. TriggerMN

TriggerMN The Norwegian Hammer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here come the shit show!!!

3441A147-AF95-49DE-9BC6-14C5445D3642.gif

50th birthday bash! Cosmo/Horseshoe
    50th birthday bash! Cosmo/Horseshoe
    • Funny Funny x 7
  14. blackjack4me

blackjack4me Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am so looking forward to this...shenanigans are just around the corner!

• Like Like x 1
  15. GamblingGolfer

GamblingGolfer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Get it on! ... lol .. btw, don't you get paid, parental leave through your school board (or the state/federal gov't?) In Canada, a year is fully covered, with several options to share with your spouse.

GG

16. Not at the table Carlos

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is not necessarily paid in all professions. And I was only able to get paid time off if I had enough sick days built up take to that time off.

Earl's 21st Trip
    • Wow! Wow! x 3
  17. MaxStacks

MaxStacks Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hell yea! Looking forward to following along. Good luck out there!

• Like Like x 1
  18. WadeRedcorn

WadeRedcorn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wade checking in. Ready to trade the humidity of Houston in for that feeling of being in an oven you get in Vegas. 8:05 am CT departure on SW (booked with points) and landing in the Promised Land at 9:15 PT. If all goes according to plan, I’ll take my time deplaning and getting my bag while waiting for Earl. I was originally scheduled to leave around 10, but decided to move up in case of weather. I fully expect to get delayed, but I’ll be fine as long as I get there! Looking forward to the coupon run, cheap gambling, Ellis Island, and usual shenanigans with Earl and Waldo.

• Like Like x 9
  19. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Be safe dudes and have a great time! :headbang:

My partner in crime and myself will be there the day after you leave! Save some alcohol for ussss! :beer:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  20. Gus

Gus High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    AWESOME
    cant wait till all the craziness.

gonna live vicarously through this trip report

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status: