1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wynn Slots Help Needed Making Sense of This

Discussion in 'Wynn Slots' started by luckydude, Jun 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luckydude

luckydude Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can somebody explain to me how it would ever make any rational sense to pay $350.00 for the fourth night using your gems? As you know at level 3 you have the honor of paying $200 to be able to use the gems that possibly cost you money and many hours of playing time to earn. At level 4 you pay $400 to be able to use your gems to stay 3 nights and at level 5 you pay $750 to stay 4 consecutive nights.This breaks down to $100 per night at level 3, $133.33 per night at level 4 and $187.50 per night at level 5. My wife and I both have enough gems to book 4 consecutive nights but going from 3 nights to 4 makes the fourth night cost $350. I can book a night directly with Wynn for much less than $350 and this is including resort fees and taxes. The cost comparison per night when paying to redeem gems gets even worse versus booking direct or staying elsewhere on a comp if you have paid to buy credits. So why would we ever want to pay so much more for the fourth night?

You get to book 10 buffets per month at level 5 but we are not big buffet fans plus we only are able to get to Vegas one or two times a year so we wouldn't ever eat at the buffet 10 times in a trip. Besides there are so many good restaurants in Vegas that we like and would rather eat at than a buffet. Also the restriction of having to use one buffet redemption before you can even book another makes using gems for a buffet much less practical and cumbersome.

You get a 25% gem discount at level 5 which in my opinion also has little value. We are both at a level that requires 25 million credits played to earn one gem. After we cash in the gems that we have it would be almost impossible to earn enough gems for another stay without buying credits. As I said earlier having to pay to play and pay to reach a redemption level eliminates any value of playing this game with the idea of staying in Vegas at a value.

2. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just take the 6 (2x3), I suppose.

I'm taking the 3 before I drop back to 1 or 2, and will take the nights I have been told I can rebook at a later date, if I'm lucky.

We had a good run.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Michael Smith

Michael Smith VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree that L3 at $200 (works out to about $170 if you play consistently) is really the only value. There are reports, however, of Level 3 folks rebooking 2 more nights on the day before checking out when the calendar reopens. Of course, you would be at the mercy of the calendar so best to make sure it’s not a busy time.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  4. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Think that's what I'm going to do next time, have a backup booking elsewhere, but plan to stay 7/8 nights and use up my gems.

5. NickG

NickG Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The limitation is on 4 -consecutive- nights, not on 4 total nights over the course of the 90 days. If you bought up to level 5 at the beginning of your 90 days cycle, you'd have the status for 25 weeks. Stay at the Wynn 4 nights per week, and you've booked 100 hotel nights for $750. Seems like a good deal to me.

This is what is most frustrating to me about the VIP program. It punishes the casual players who want to take one or two trips a year, but still lets the handful of super-users who have stayed over a hundred nights and have trillion-chip bankrolls (and I know they exist) get almost unlimited rewards for just slightly more money.

In this way, MyVegas is a lot better. They offer free rewards to everyone, and limit the amount that anyone can redeem in a month. You get access to more rewards if you spend money, but the additional benefit is pretty marginal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. luckydude

luckydude Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These are all excellent points NickG. Once or twice a year is all that we can go now which is usually May and September so 3 consecutive nights for $400.00 makes the most sense for us. As you say the 4 consecutive night Level 5 only is a good deal for those that can go multiple times within the 90 day period they are at Level 5 for which they paid $750 for. Where I feel this becomes a problem is earning enough gems to be able to redeem for so many nights. That is why I see this as a one time thing even for those that can pull this off. I also find earning enough gems to replenish your gem bankroll once it is tapped out at level 105+ without spending additional money and spending many many hours playing very discouraging. Once we use our gems up I don't see us having the willpower to start over especially since we get comped nights to stay at all the MLife properties. Four comped nights at Belaggio or Aria only costs us about $220 in RF and taxes which is cheaper than the $400 it costs for 3 nights to get to level 4 or $750 for level 5 and 4 nights. It gets even more lopsided when you factor in the express comps and free play that comes with the comp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.