1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Very strange behavior at SWA with all schedules for 8/11-8/29.

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by DaiLun, Jun 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhinoman7

rhinoman7 A Diamond in the Ruff

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They must have been going through some sort of restructuring of their flights. Last night around 9:30pm CST, I received an e-mail letting me know that my flight from LAS-MDW on Aug. 28th was changed (different flight number, and leaving 5 minutes earlier). And then I received another e-mail this morning around 6:00am CST letting me know my flight from MDW-LAS on Aug. 24th was also changed (different flight number and leaving 5 minutes earlier). I panicked a bit when I saw the subject of the e-mails this morning! (Changes to your upcoming Southwest trip) I have heard so many horror stories of flights getting canceled or drastically changed!!! I was relieved to find out what the actual changes were. Now, here's hoping for no more changes!! LOL!

2. Sharon Mettler

Sharon Mettler Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just check my flight in August they change my non-stop from Buf to Las to go to Buf/Bwi/Vegas and not even a e-mail about the change second time this happen

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If SWA did the change, you can move to any flight at no charge. Does NOT have to be the cheaper class (wanna get away)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All I can say is

1)Ensure that they have your correct email address in your profile.
    2)check your spam folder.

SWA has ALWAYS provided me with an email update.

5. j52chips

j52chips Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I checked my email this morning & found my flight in Aug / MDW-LAS non stop was changed to a connecting flight. It stated if I don't like the flight they picked for me, I have 3 days to change for a flight with the same conditions at no extra charge. I logged in & changed it back to a non stop an hour earlier. Leave Chicago @ 11:45 am instead of 1:10pm. Very simple. I think their glitch has been corrected. Good luck SWA fliers. They usually will make things right if there is a screw up. At least for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our return flight back to Dallas got change this morning. We got it changed back to a non stop flight.

Sema Show
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. eliza

eliza Creepy Vegas Friend

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think this is exactly how their automated system defaults - trying to match departing time. I fly Southwest a lot and I often fly standby earlier in the day on my way home. I always research ahead of time to figure out what my best options are, because inevitably they suggest the first available flight headed to destination even if it has a connection. So the computer will want to put me on, for example, a 7AM flight from SAT-HOU-DAL instead of the 7:30AM SAT-DAL direct. The system doesn't seem able to look for the earliest arrival time, just the earliest departure time. Luckily the agents are always willing to help get it sorted out.

8. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lots of changes & afraid will have more before my 8/23 flight....changed planes & layover city...from Phoenix to Chicago....leaving 20 minutes later & arriving 15 minutes earlier in LV. Noticed an odd flight #...always was just 3-4 digits....my new one is like this....JM1940. So far no change on my return flight. I am traveling with step-daughter & s-I-l but their flights did not change....very odd - wondering what will happen in the next 2 months of possible additional changes...

9. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got a bunch of changes for a trip from HOU-FLL and the returns. They moved 4 of 6 folks (reservations made at different times) to other flights, but still nonstops.

I had to call to fix it. They rep said that they were moving people off for social distancing and the flights we were on became "oversold" based on the new math.

We got less desirable flights, but no stops and same day within an hour or two of the originals...we'll be fine...

10. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We’ve done this. Our flight interruption $’s back for flight in the future. Still got a good routing.
    It seems silly. But works for us.

11. Bobby B

Bobby B High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SW seems to have added a bunch of flights from MDW to LAS. Not sure if they will shortly get rid of some but it seemed odd. I've flown a lot over the years but I saw something today I have never seen. SW had two nonstops today from Chicago to Vegas and back again, each with identical times. Two flights at the same time each way, different gates and flight numbers. Wonder how many people went to the wrong gate today.

• Love Love x 1
  12. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The gong show that is SWA [emoji2357]

Changed my Aug 17th flight from 1 stop to 3 stops. Fortunately they allowed flight changes online, which for some reason the past month kept generating errors, and I promptly found another flight to take.

13. SAll11

SAll11 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ended up losing 2 hours on the way there and 2 hours on the way back from my Vegas time. Not the worst thing in the world. I could change my flight there to arrive at like 7:30AM Vegas time but I do t know if I wanna get to Vegas that early. What’s everyone’s opinions about getting there that early on a Sunday in August

14. Robin W

Robin W Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I changed mine, it was hard to avoid MDW. I have bad luck with flights in Chicago. So I am doing an early morning and getting to Vegas at 9:30am. For me, those early flights make me want to nap that first afternoon and get over the time change that much faster.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Glenn357M

Glenn357M High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually get to Vegas before 10am for most visits.

16. Vegas28m

Vegas28m Medium Roller, Chicago

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ended up saving 10,000 points for my trip in aug due to this.

17. Vegas Todd

Vegas Todd MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SWA changed my MKE 8/22-8/28 flight times too.
    Only 10 minutes later going to LAS and 20 minutes going back.
    No other changes, unlike my May fiasco, thank God.

18. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well.....late yesterday got a message...changed my return flight from a non-stop to a 1 stop 2 hrs earlier... my travel companions rec'd the change on return flight but not on the flight to LV a week before....who knows...I am 2 months out & there could be multiple changes before T day...

19. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These stories are my worst flying nightmares! I fly out with SW on the 10th. I made sure to select a flight that allows for delays so I don’t miss my connection. I’m considering just paying more to fly nonstop with JetBlue.

Ladies getaway, somewhere on the strip with a pool :)
  20. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just checked my tulsa flights in August, no email, just looked them up on the schedule, they are gone.

I logged in, SW changed the flight numbers and non stop time, and had changed my flights to those flights, but no heads up given.

I guess that's better than two months ago where they changed my outgoing, canceled my coming back, and didn't bother to tell me.

No reason to go home yet.
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.