1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Chrysler Jeep Gladiator, Any one has it? or What do you think?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Drewm1972, Jun 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited for years and I had a lot of fun in that thing. Riding around with the top down in the summer was awesome and taking off to chase a snowstorm with the skis in the back was always a blast. That being said, I'll never buy another one. They aren't a comfortable ride and they tend to get a little shaky around 55-65 miles an hour. Space is always limited, gas mileage only gets you about 4 hours down the road, etc. Wranglers are a lot of fun, but, they're also a pain in the ass. They do have a good trade in value though. I traded mine in for a Jeep Patriot and love it. It's about as basic of a 4x4 SUV as it gets, but, it's been a good vehicle so far.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gladiator has 0% APR financing for 36 months.

I’m doing some auto research for my Niece and tripped across this.

As for FCA quality, we have a 2017 Cherokee (not the Grand). Looked at the usual suspects in this class, went to the auto show, and my wife picked this one with the V6 and no sunroof. Armed with all of the negative sentiment for this car I bought an extended warranty. The Cherokee rides great, drove it in several snow storms, it really handles well and I feel confident behind the wheel.

Fast forward to last month, at 36,400 miles, the AC took a dive due to a faulty evaporator. This diagnosis was made after 3 trips to the dealer. I’m guessing that they didn’t want to replace this $125 (aftermarket) part because they had to remove the dashboard. And the seats. And the two front doors. Add 10 hours of labor.

And to rub salt into the wound, the nitwit mechanic sliced the passenger seat (I had to bring it to the attention of the service manager) and scraped paint on the door likely from having to remove it. This is one of the top Jeep dealers in PA, a huge store with 2000+ cars on the lot. Had to wait to get a new seat cover shipped, which meant trip #4 to the dealer. Got the car back and was told the mechanic broke a plastic trim part for the seat, it will be in this week and I will return for the 5th time to put this to bed. Maybe not, I think something is blocking the vent as the fan speed is not blowing as hard as before. To be continued.

Glad I bought the extended warranty because the factory warranty had expired at 36,000 miles. The only other time I had an issue with an AC evaporator was on a 1998 Volvo that was 17 years old and had 130k miles; a known defect with close to a 100% failure rate which required 10 hours of labor as well.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  3. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow, that’s is terrible I’m sorry you have to go thru that....yeah I’m not thrilled about FCA quality...I think Toyota probably builds best reliable cars... had few in my life time.

anyhow, regards to Jeep Gladiator I been doing more research and if I decide to get em it will most likely lease then buying one (per @ken2v suggestion and I agree w him) will shall see what happens.

4. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I think the most complaint I heard about Jeep Wranglers were the ride is always bit shaky especially on freeway errrr too bad. Otherwise like you said it’s fun car and that’s what my intention is... buying it for fun and of course use it as truck.

• Like Like x 1
  5. topcard

topcard Here's to $10 3:2 two-deck, $5 Craps, and $5 UTH!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless they bring back the in-line 6, I can't see ever buying another Jeep product... (I'm still pissed about that, can you tell?)
    :beer:

Annual Spring Trip!
    • Like Like x 2
  6. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bought a Jeep Gladiator back in November, so mine is about 6 months old now. Test drove a Ford Ranger and Chevy Colorado as well but decided to buy my first Jeep product. Really fun to drive, I’ve pretty much enjoyed it the whole time. Didn’t get the Rubicon trim as I’m not going to do heavy rock crawling ever, but I got their Max Tow package that has a few differences towards hauling stuff more than off roading. No complaints so far. I did get a 10 yr / 100k mile extended warranty just to cover my bases.

• Love Love x 1
  7. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely no issues driving on the freeway in the Gladiator, driving 80-85 mph I haven't had any "shake" (then again, I don't have a lift installed, nor do I have bigger tires yet). I think the 2019 Jeep Wrangler was Motor Trend's SUV of the Year, and the Gladiator is based off of this (although they created a longer frame). The power train is absolutely the smoothest of the bunch I test drove. The Ford Ranger was so loud with its small turbo charged engine, and the Colorado felt jerky in the lower gears. Ultimately it comes down to what you like personally. I had this different feeling in the Gladiator that I didn't get in the other "standard" trucks, and basically it puts a smile on my face every time I climb in.

I was eyeing the Gladiator for about a year and when I test drove the 3 trucks my feelings about them all were not what I expected. So get out there and check it out and see what happens!

8. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    alright! Thanks for that detailed review I really appreciate it - which trim did you go with? I’m thinking just sport s or loverland .. not sure. I will be using it just for fun and hauling everyday
    House hold items so don’t think anything fancy.

9. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went with Sport S + Max Tow. Max Tow comes with a higher gearing (4.10 as opposed to 3.73) matching the Rubicon gearing, and has the same axels as the Rubicon (a little wider than Sport, Sport S regular, Overland) and some heavier duty rear shocks. I needed a truck to do hauling payload for landscaping at my house and to tow a trailer occasionally. So if you want all the off road extras like locking diffs and sway bar disconnect, then the Rubi is your trim. I'd unlikely be taking mine offroad save for some easy/minor trails so not something I was desiring. But alot of folks on the forum I belong to swear by that trim (and I always wonder how many actually utilize the off road features)

10. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    D364C15D-E30B-4B92-98C2-6A08986A99B2.jpeg

So guys here it is I brought this one home - well almost I’m still on the fence so they “lend” the car till end of the day so I can experience it!
    If not I might just go w Dodge Ram

still gotta work out the price - I’m leaning towards to leasing rather then buying @ken2v gave me some good pointers so..

• Like Like x 1
  11. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you need a pickup, get Ram. But you know you want this thing. Two years isn't long and it might just be exactly what you dreamed it would be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks @ken2v yup I’m thinking 24 months or so.... I think I’m pretty sure not going to buy it. (Btw thanks for your info, I was really considering buying it) but since this is my “middle life crisis GIFT” I think leasing might be good option. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I disagree with this general statement. Not everyone wants a full size pickup. I certainly don't, I live in a major city and its a pain driving them around places.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm just talking about the quality of the product. Ram is as good as it gets in that segment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. TrewBrew

TrewBrew I may be right, I may be Crazy.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got mine in November last year late midlife crisis also. It rides like a jeep should ride. In a word: Buy it you will not be disappointed.
    JT.jpg
    Roof comes off easy enough, I have pictures on my phone, I will be taking the doors off this weekend pending weather forcast, just got the rack delivered to hang the doors.
    JT.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes looks awesome.... when I was at dealership they were unloading more cars and I found the Granite Metalic Grey ... I’m leaning toward to that one. We shall see

17. TrewBrew

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the granite too. The black just jumped at me when I saw it. Probably cost me a little on the lease payments. Only bad thing is top off the leather seats get too hot when parked nothing a beach towel can’t fix though.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ten_On_The_End

Ten_On_The_End VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just an FYI, that's called "puppy dogging" in the car business.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. TrewBrew

Trips to Las Vegas:
  20. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey nope not yet.... again when I test drove the Jeep it wasn’t smooth ride (obviously) now I’m used to driving sedan so Jeep wasn’t the “idea” ride I am/was looking for.. so will see not sure what to do.

but THERES one car (my dream car) I really want to get ... but again again AND again wife reminds me we HAVE two kids in college!!! We are paying all of it!!! Tuition, apartment and foods etc!!! Errrrr!!!! Yup, so I’m kinda stuck .. wifey said just get the Jeep and get the midlife crisis shit out of my mind lol ...

So I guess I’m just kicking the idea what to do. I currently driving Infiniti Q70L it’s big ass sedan I’m ok driving that for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.