1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wynn Slots Playing more or less?

Discussion in 'Wynn Slots' started by luckydude, Mar 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasJuan

VegasJuan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sure but now they will have work to do rather than just copying and pasting a worthless response.

2. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which they'd have had to do more than once, if they'd moved rooms now, and had to move them again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Makes perfect sense to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. VegasJuan

VegasJuan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not many people are going to be booking rooms for May, I can promise you that. There won't be much work for these guys to do (and they have very little of it anyway). Unless of course one considers finding ways to screw players "work."

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's moot, though. No point doing a job twice, if it's very simple to only have to do it once.

6. VegasJuan

VegasJuan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They likely will have to do it twice. There will probably be a 2nd wave of infections at some point once things re-open. How quickly that happens is anyone's guess but covid isn't going to just disappear because some politicians say "okay folks let's get back to it."

7. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, they'll save themselves work, whatever happens. We can't predict any of that, and I'm certainly of the same opinion regarding the virus.

Working smarter is always better than creating more work unneccesarily, regardless of how you feel about the people doing it :)

I'm not even due at Wynn until July, but I'm not expecting to make a trip until December.

8. michael cadena

michael cadena High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was thinking of getting back into it, I haven't played since earthing changed I started playing when it first came out and we had more gems then wynn had available for us. I know why they had to nerf everything but they imo killed this game please tell me if I'm wrong

9. Michael Smith

Michael Smith VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I still believe there is value in this game but you do need to spend significant cash—between $150 and $200—to book two nights. Rooms there are rarely less than $200 a night (including taxes and resort fees) and the dinner buffet is $50. So, with approximately 10-15k gems you can book 2 nights and have dinner buffets each night which would cost you approximately $500 out of pocket. Now, a $300-$350 savings is ok with me, especially because the Wynn is an incredible experience. Since $150-$200 paid out gradually over 90 days is not much of a hardship for me, I just can't seem to stop spinning. To spend the $750 to get 4 nights seems valueless, however, and I understand most people, especially those who travel from a distance want to stay longer than 2 nights, so maybe not so much value for them.

Final Four/Santa Anita Derby
  10. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think this debate often comes down to what the game 'was' versus what it 'is'. @Michael L Smith does have a point in so far as what it is now. However most think of this equation in terms of what it was. The truth is the model they went with when the game first came out was not sustainable and it was an incredible value. For no in game purchase you could relatively easily get a stay at a 5 star resort inclusive of resort fees. Who wouldn't think there is value in that. Obviously many did take advantage of it, some might say too many. None of us really know whether or not this was the plan all along to get people into the game by virtue of initially offering great value and then gradually encourage people to make in game purchases.

For me personally I cannot say the game and what you can get out of it has no value as that isn't the case. I won't purchase anything from any of these games. Just the way I am. It isn't that I don't perceive value I just don't. Therefore this game is no longer in my wheel house. I would have had a free buffet on our end of March trip with paying absolutely zero for it. It didn't happen and if I can get to the VIP level I'd need to do this again without purchase I will start spinning again once we plan our next trip. If I can't well, I can't. I don't hold any grudge at all. I can compare this game with MyVegas, my wife and I have over 4 million coins between us and neither of us have ever spent a cent on the games. Nor will we. We do use our allotted 6 premium rewards between us on each trip and try as much as possible to utilize the 'free' options such as a single free ticket to a show etc.

Like most things of this irk it comes down to a personal choice. Some though look back at the initial stages and feel cheated or owed something. That I don't get. Now I do feel for those that did go with in game purchases and changes occurred effectively invalidating or devaluing those purchases. That was not a smart move by the developers; they could have grandfathered in those purchases or accommodated it somehow.

We will see how the game fares going forward but it is safe to say that it's traffic and traction have significantly decreased and maybe in a way that is what they wanted.

11. Init2winit

Init2winit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Locals can still get incredible value from the app given that they can maximize the buffets per month and go every weekend for a staycation. There are still many many players who can farm 25k gems a day. I don’t know why anyone is still playing right now if they’ve already hit the maximum (even with the refund) given everything is at a standstill.

12. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We still do daily events. don't do much else.

I've been logging who send me gifts to maybe delete people who I added just for those gifts. there are less than before, but I haven't found many who are not playing/sending gifts any longer.

13. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hadn't played much for ages, other than busting everytime I got a few hundred million.

I was having my infusion done and wanted to play, so bust my 100m piggybank, ran that up to about 600m, and then hit filled the orb feature on 2.4m a spin on Dragon Power for 2.4bn.

The last week or so I've managed to make ~3k gems and run it up to 20 billion, lol.

Might have enough for a couple buffets in December now, too :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Think I’m destined to lose my backside again at the Wynn after this [emoji23]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Michael Smith

Michael Smith VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, congrats Marky, but the question is, do you have 40,000 crowns to stay at Level 4 or are you one of those who won't spend any money on the game, hence the buffet comment? Seems that 20k crowns and Level 3 will still suffice to be able to book more than two nights, considering recent evidence from other players. Since you're from England, thinking you stay a week or so when you venture to Vegas.

I never need more than two nights because my stays are usually three nights and I like to check out other hotels for one night—in August it's The STRAT , mostly because they have a William Hill sports book and I still have a bunch of points (hopefully) with them to redeem.

16. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've got to rebook my four nights once the december calendar is released, and I know that we're allowed to travel.

I'm planning to head out on the 2nd December, and fly home on 31st December. I've got hotels booked already, but will swap out one of the 3-4 night stops at CET for Wynn once their December calendar is released.

Alternatively, I'll book in November for 4 nights, if they confirm the November HGS dates are as originally planned, and MyVegas has the 500,000 HGS point rewards, too.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've not really spent anything on the game for a while bar a couple piggy banks.

I've not done terribly out of it, seeing as I missed the EM glitch while I was there before Xmas.

Will have to reasses down the line, but no point worrying until I see how things play out with the rebooking etc.

18. Michael Smith

Michael Smith VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, missed that, too, even though I was playing then. I guess I didn't check the Facebook group around that time. I'm basically in this game for the long run because I go to Vegas at least four times a year—this virus thing is really cutting into my Vegas addiction. If I keep Level 3 I can stay at the Wynn every time I go with payments spread out over 90 days to book rooms. A great deal in my opinion, since I'm a total low-roller in my retirement. What part of England are you from Marky, if you don't mind my asking? I love England—been there several times.

19. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was giving the Wynn all my money, staying there on a 4 night game comp and 3 night Wynn comp, lol. I only go once a year, normally, but went twice last year, and glad I did, now I'm missing my 4 weeks this summer.

Yeah, if it makes sense to keep the option of grabbing a free couple nights, then it's still a good scenario. We got lucky at teh start, and some got luckier than others. As almost everyone said, it was always going to change quickly when they realised how it was being gamed, and how well some were doing.

I'm from Dorset, a small county on the south west coast of England. About 5m from the nearest beach, though they have been closed most of the year like everything else here, too :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Michael Smith

Michael Smith VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not been there, but did visit Portsmouth back in the 70's when I did I bike tour. Took the ferry to the Isle of Wight where I got drunk in some pub. Great memories, great country. Only Italy rivals it for the friendliness of its citizens, in my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.