1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hertz Off Airport Locations

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by ajdj, Jun 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajdj

ajdj Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm looking to get car hire booked for 3 weeks in September and I'm seeing excellent prices with Hertz at the following locations-

1815 E Sahara Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89104
    5905 W Sahara Ave UNIT A, Las Vegas, NV 89146

Looking online the reviews aren't particularly good but I see they also sell cars from these addresses so not 100% sure whether to read too much into them. The airport rate is a lot more and these would be slightly more convenient for me anyway. Has anyone here rented from Hertz at these offices before?

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO, off strip I'd rather rent with Enterprise. Hertz has gone insane (high) with their bankruptcy pricing. I have never rented from Hertz at that off site location, but did you check Enterprise?

Plus, using the term "car hire" would place you from "out of the country". If you are, you may not be familiar with Enterprise and perhaps only the "big three" (Hertz, Avis, and National)

Enterprise has a location close to Hertz at Sahara and Eastern (2465 E Sahara)

In Sept, they have three week rentals for as low as $144 USD a week.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hertz, Avis, Enterprise all have "off airport" or "neighborhood" rental locations. Some have real good rates as they tend to rent to locals - often for those that have their car in the shop for extended repairs. We have rented for personal travel or when car was in the body shop.

Locations at hotels are often higher than airport, but great for one day rentals. Those are not usually considered "off aiport" in the same sense.

The fact that they also sell cars there should not be a turn-off. They all turn their cars over after certain miles or years.

• Like Like x 1
  4. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're coming from Europe, I would recommend checking out third party sites. These usually include all taxes, charges and insurance in the quoted price. We usually use Rentalcars.com or Netflights.co.uk.

Booking direct with a rental car provider in the USA may leave you with a high charge for extra insurance. I have read that many US citizens can use credit card insurance or transfer their personal vehicle insurance to the rental. We can't do that. I was behind a couple renting a car from Dollar and they had to pay more in insurance for their rental than we had paid for the full package.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. ajdj

ajdj Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, this is what I always do. I’m seeing these Hertz deals a lot cheaper than anywhere else on AutoEurope who I reguarly use. Just didn’t want to turn up and them say there wasn’t a car for me. It’s coming up at £470 for 3 weeks hire including all insurances and fees for a one way Vegas-San Fran hire.

• Like Like x 1
  6. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. ajdj

ajdj Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, the price I’ve seen is only cheaper at the 2 locations I first mentioned. Airport or hotel is a lot more. Just trying to figure out if there was a catch

8. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Airport and hotel have addl. fees. Airport (a lot), hotel (not as much as airport, but still substantial).

• Like Like x 1
  9. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That’s not a bad price for three weeks. I’d hope AutoEurope would sort you out with an alternative if there was a problem. I use them a lot for Europe, but have never tried them for USA.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For Sept 1 through Sept 21, Enterprise (Sahara and Eastern) is showing
    upload_2020-6-4_17-27-29.png

11. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had good luck with the Hertz desk that is (was?) at Paris. Of course this was prior to everything hitting the fan.

12. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No catch. They just have much lower overhead (expenses).

As to renting at a no-name mentioned above.... I would not do it. They all include all fees when you book. Insurance is always an optional extra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.