1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What item(s) is still hard to find or low quantity in the stores now?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Valgal, May 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of all places to find it....my local Walmart had a few bottles of Clorox and Spic N Span anti bacterial spray.

@Breeze147, they had plenty of Spam plus the Walmart brand of canned “luncheon meat”.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There was a time when the best thing ever was spaghettiOs, I worked with triatheletes and their quick go to meal was spaghettiOs and throw in a can of Tuna and black beans. :vomit:

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get the protein carboload thing for some athletes but still that combo is a....Please, Please, NOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOoooo! :faint:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Eeeeeewwwwwwwww!

5. LvBlitzforce

LvBlitzforce VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Decent pay tables...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Upright deep freezers. I'm dumbfounded. Our full of cow deepfreeze decided on the first 90 degree day of the year to say "I've had enough" and decided 28 degrees is good enough. It's not.

Go to the appliance store, small town, I buy a lot for appliances for my rentals. Shit out of luck, I'm number 60 (!!) on the list, maybe get some in July. Owner says stores have called from OK, KS, Arkansas, and obviously Missouri, you can't get them.

Lowes: Nope
    Home Depot: Nope
    Menard: Nope
    Sears? Forget it.

Owner said the fridge you buy all the time? I have two, can't get them. I have one of the smaller one. I told him put my name on it, I'll be back Monday to pay for it.

Mind blown.

Luckily, my 86 year old fathers freezer was empty. Unluckily, he's gonna eat all of my BACON, who came from our pig named Pork Chop.

I found out you can still buy a Tahoe or Suburban yesterday! My wife got broadsided by a woman backing out of a parking spot yesterday, and logically, her brain said "we need a new one" I'm not saying a word, I like my Vegas Solo Trips. Well, I did say do you want that in White or Black?

No reason to go home yet.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. VegasSam

VegasSam Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good man @jpw711, pick them battles!

8. SMG

SMG VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I made a grocery run on Monday and a number of non-perishables are still hard to find like Spam and other canned meat products, as well as flour and yeast. One pkg/customer limit on fresh cuts of pork, but beef and chicken were readily available, but at inflated prices.

Disinfectant sprays, wipes, and hand sanitizers sell out as soon as the store opens, even with limits set. Although, they had a few containers of Clorox Bleach which I've been using, since I'm running low on Lysol spray. They had plenty of TP, but no paper towels. It was just the opposite a few weeks ago. I can probably find some of these items, if I go store hopping, but I've been trying to avoid doing that. I've been thinking of hitting Costco sometime in the near future, but every time I driven by our local store the parking lot is usually packed, so I don't bother to stop.

9. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sam’s club had a bunch of four pack of wipes, 1 per customer. It was like 9 am though

10. flyguyfl

flyguyfl MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lysol spray cans.

11. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did the weekly run this afternoon. The perimeter stuff was in ample supply. A few gaps here and there in bread but produce, dairy and meats were in full supply. I did an interior run last week and I was able to get what we wanted, though Jasmine rice might have to stand in if looking for Basmati, as an example. There was actually TP but we still haven't cracked open that case I ordered two months back. I guess those big Costco packs last with only two in the house. Mandatory mask requirement was fractionally ignored. From there I went out to the Berry Lady and loaded up on blues and blacks. Corn stand opens Friday!!

12. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree 100%. TP, hand sanitzer, etc. etc. aren't a problem anymore, but Lysol as well as Lysol or Clorox wipes, I can't find anywhere. I really want the spray, however, as I have plenty of 70% alcohol.

13. alanleroy

alanleroy Click my avatar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sold out of Boysens, eh? I'll have to make a run Friday.

14. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sold out? Didn't pick today? Freakin' blues are like candy. I'm seeing a blueberry BBQ sauce on some cow this weekend.

15. alanleroy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've already gone through a half flat of the blues....just on my morning steel cut oats. Looking for the Boysenberries. It's hit or miss on them. Wife wants to make jam now. Lots of jam.

16. alanleroy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of our chest freezers went out a month ago. I searched every major and local and finally found one from Home Depot I liked with a reasonable delivery date May 17. I got an email on May 16 confirming my delivery for the next day. I got a voice mail later that day saying it's delayed. I got an e-mail later that night that said my new delivery date was July 1. I called them and I was pretty irate. I couldn't understand how they could confirm delivery for the next day and then say it would be another 6 weeks. How could they not know? Soooo once it's delivered I'm supposed to call them back and they'll give me a nice discount on it. Allegedly. I bet it doesn't get here until August.

• Wow! Wow! x 2
  17. JJLV

JJLV High-Roller

Frozen Tundra. Desert dream died with him.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    We got back from our Desert Oasis to our Amazingly Green Tundra this week that was last seen Oct 28th of 2019. (A month later than planned and oh What a ride cross country-ish but that is another story) I really could not remember what I all had here in WI for Corona supplies so I brought back with us the few Wipes, sprays, and sanitizer I could scrounge up in AZ. Well, low and behold I am so glad I am a stock up when on sale person. Almost a full CASE of TP and paper towels even kleenex. I start checking under all the sinks... I always hate to carry a cleaning product from room to room so I know I should have items but I might have thought to let them run out before leaving last winter. My new world of the jackpot! I had 3 canisters of wipes and 4, count them FOUR cans of partially used Lysol spray. (We used a whole can of micro ban in the hotels we stayed in to get here lol. The second room needed it without a pandemic. :) And then the motherload prize... In my medicine cabinet... A brand new never opened bottle of rubbing alcohol 70% and half a bottle 90%! I was making my own sanitizer in AZ and ran out long ago. I have not been able to find any here or there. So happy I can make some more sanitizer. I had the other ingredients, I just needed the juice. So long story to the chase now... where is all the dang rubbing alcohol? :) And agree about upright freezers. None nada nowhere. What a crazy world huh.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. insin

insin Speed Spender

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ive had a fridge on order for over 45 days now.
    Every week or so Best Buy will put a charge through and it will stay “pending” until the charge falls off. A few days later.... the cycle starts again.
    I’m not convinced my fridge will actually be delivered as planned.

19. Pea

Pea Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't find Fantastik spray cleaner, Dawn dish soap, or Borax.

20. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I'd be wary of HD for delivery or even store pickup right now.

I ordered some stuff, delivery was scheduled for next day, took two weeks. Their automated phone system had no way to talk to a live agent and thought the order had actually been delivered as scheduled. I put in a dispute with the credit card and a couple of days later the delivery occurred. I don't think the dispute actually had anything to do with it, I think they're just backed up.

Then when I finally got out my charcoal grill, I found it was too shaky to use, so I ordered one from HD for store pickup from their on-hand inventory. Three days later I hadn't received notification that it was ready, so I just went over there, they hadn't even picked it off the shelf yet. They let me just take one.

As far as those services go, I think they're geared towards large orders/contractors right now, I dunno if it's always like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.