1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone take junkets?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by TracyinVegas, May 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joespoolhall

joespoolhall VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First trip to Wendover was mid 90s while bowling in Salt Lake City. We drove the 100 or so miles to stay the night. Peppermill and another close by were nice, the others not so much. The drive over was more interesting. Going through the salt flats at a 100 mph, seemed slower than it was. When a double trailer rig whizzed past us, it seemed even slower! He must have been going 115-120 in that thing. Never forget that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. thebeachbum

thebeachbum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to Laughlin, NV on three Harrah's junkets out of Houston. Good time and easy flight. Same seats going and coming. Will do it again when I have time.

Need a good trip this time
  3. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cleveland guy here. Do you book through a third party or the Total Rewards website. Im usually offered some deals via TR but always hard for me to find a person to go with. Also, via TR, they also seem to fill up quickly.

4. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never been on a junket, but I have read some TR's about folks using Borgata Air to Atlantic City.

5. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done Atlantic City out of Boston & Manchester a couple times. These are always for 3 nights, and I enjoy them. My only complaint is that these were charters on Xtra Airways, and there is zero legroom and seats are assigned (not selected). We did have drinks and games onboard which was fun.

Yesterday I got an offer for one in July, and there is a link to some Covid procedures that the airline will be taking, for what that is worth.

I did my first one solo through Total Rewards and it was great. I met some fun folks on the flight, so it was nice to see familiar faces throughout the trip but not be obligated to any of them. Also, it seemed this was in conjunction with a private one, and I got the info from that company and have been getting offers directly from them for more interesting locations (Including Vegas) ever since.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. nancyf

nancyf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did one to Atlantic City from Florida - so much fun except the plane was so crowded -- however, drinks and games on the flight helped. Was gonna do one to Biloxi but the virus ended that... I got an offer this week for another to Atlantic City for July --- not even sure AC will be open yet..Really wanna do the Biloxi one..

7. MTMONGO

MTMONGO High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife and I have done the Wendover junket, maybe 15 times from Billings in the last 8 years. We were booked for June 6th trip, no go. Must packages from BIL are around $179/ person, flight and 3 nights. After our 2nd trip we got BOGO. Check it out.

8. Big dan

Big dan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All this Wendover talk has me itching to go, that is my local coming from slc. They are scheduled to open June 4th.

9. NittyOne

NittyOne VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh if you do please post a trip report and pictures of these places, always wanted to go.

Thanks to all that posted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.