1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Allegiant--it always SEEMS like a better deal

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by KKB, May 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I booked Allegiant at $71RT for the end of July. It said they modified their change/cancellation policy & if you cancel, you get a voucher good for 2 years.
    Then a lot of people are saying Allegiant just canceling flights that aren't filling. Some summer flights already cancelled, others at the last minute.
    SO we decided to change to SWA because we know they will always have a way to get us there.
    Cancelled Allegiant ($213 for 3); vouchers totaled $123. They said it was $30/person off in "fees."
    Live & learn....:grrr:

• Wow! Wow! x 2
  2. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is from their site. Nothing I could see about a fee. I also thought in the US it was required to get your money back if you requested.

For cancellations, the following options are available to you:
    • You may change your flight to any other scheduled Allegiant flight(s) at no additional cost.
    • You may cancel your reservation and receive a full credit in the form of an Allegiant voucher for future travel, which is good for two years from the date of the initial reservation.
    • You may contact our customer care center at 702-505-8888 for other options.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Be wary if they also offer 50 yd line tickets for the upcoming season that are free and thus refundable as a reward for your allegiance to allegiant. That may not work out either. But if it did they won’t make that offer. o_O It confuses me too.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I may try to call...I was working on some other fantastic deals today...:woot:

June trip: I am going a few days b4 DH & I had SWA credit to cover it. 5 nts Flamingo comped. 2 nts Bellagio comped (thx, MyVegas). DH has points to cover his flights & I am on his companion pass on the way home. Damn car is costing us $300 for the week tho.

July trip: DH, DM & I going. DD probably going to meet us & DS may drive in from CA. That is what we bought the Allegiant for but the risk isn't worth it. Again, DH had SWA points & I am companion so honestly almost as cheap as Allegiant with no fear of getting stranded. DM has WAY too much credit on SWA as we booked a graduation flight for her late...but it is good for 2 years. But this used about half of it. DD can fly in for about $60 on Spirit or Sun Country. I'll probably get her the Spirit exit row for $50 (we had it once free--WORTH THE $50 bucks!). Damn car is $330 for that trip. (Yes, DS has a car. A decent one--with crappy A/C. Nope not doing that in Vegas in July)
    5 nights comped at Caesars, 2 nights comped at Venetian (we are essential workers)

WHY am I doing Vegas in the middle of Coronovirus? (have only left my house for groceries or take out or twice to drop things at work)
    I am a SUCKER for a bargain.
    BUT we realize this will NOT be normal. We play poker--THAT ain't happening.
    SO we are focusing on things that we always said we would do but never did...cuz gambling suckered us in...
    We also plan to retire in LV in 2 years so we are going to scout out neighborhoods & get to know LV a LOT better!
    Be outside as much as possible. Stay in room/car. Mask when indoors. Minimize risk:clap:

• Like Like x 1
  5. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

I booked a one-way Allegiant flt to Vegas on June 8, with a SWA flt to Salt Lake a few days later. After seeing so many Allegiant flts cancelled, including one I had thought about taking last week, I changed my mind and cancelled.
    Can live without making it to Vegas, but have to be in SLC. Also, didn't want to take the risk of being stranded or having a high temp.

6. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was your voucher the full amount that you paid?

7. chef

Monies were refunded, because cancellation was within 24-hr window after booking.

8. addicted

addicted High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So it was a better deal than SW? You didn't mention a price.

9. chef

I probably didn't explain myself. The SWA flt was to be a different leg than Allegiant. But, if Allegiant is cancelled, no way I can make SWA leg from Vegas to SLC.
    Too complicated, I know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.