1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wynn Extends Closure to May 22nd (Now June 1)

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Sonya, Apr 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe now is a good time to implement the ability to order drinks from a machine?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. eksantirik

eksantirik High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems like the end of pitch blackjack :( And maybe even Let it Ride and all.

3. zerofan

zerofan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, poker too. That game will be a big problem.

4. LVRaiders

LVRaiders Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We dont need to see more jobs lost.

April Trip
    Last Minute
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. TrewBrew

TrewBrew I may be right, I may be Crazy.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am just an idea man, it seems this would be the time to invent a card shuffler that has UV lights inside to disinfect the cards and a UV dice cleaner.

All I want is a 5% share of the company.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think there is some overthinking going on. This certainly isn't the last world-taunting virus that's going to go around and short of everyone donning hazmat suits to go out and play in public, we're going to have to get back to something like what was and deal with the ebbs and flows. Then again, people are going all Nathan Hale on Costco when asked to wear a mask, so our exploding Me First-ery could prove the end of having fun and nice things.

Hopefully we've at least learned something about Personal Hygiene 101.

Last edited: May 7, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Texas Steph

Texas Steph A Work in Progress...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed!

8. Ruark

Ruark Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It'll be interesting to see how this works out for WynnCore. All furniture has to be wiped between users, and I guess slot machines as well. Who's going to do that? How will they sanitize things like cards, dice and chips? There will be no buffets. No night clubs. No valet parking. No room minibar. There will be no room service per se; they'll knock on your door and leave the food in the hallway for you to pick up. These changes will, of course, heavily impact employees who depend on tips. Not sure how the maid service will work.

Only 3 people at a time on an elevator, which will be operated by an employee. 3 people at a time at roulette and blackjack tables, 3 on each end of craps tables. Wearing masks, of course.

Each person will be checked by a security guard upon entering the property (checked with a forehead thermometer) and given a mask, hand sanitizer and disinfectant spray to carry around. If their temp is over 100.7, they will be asked to either leave, or go to another room for "secondary testing."

Some are saying this will excessively dampen the Vegas experience and deter people from coming. Don't get me wrong; I'm not trying to just whine or b*itch, but that may very well be correct. How many of you would do a Vegas trip under those conditions?

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would and I already have a post about it. It's all about your frame of reference. Whether or not my government requires me to do so I'll be, by choice, wearing a mask for many months as I live in NYC and I suspect many people, whether you live in large or small communities (see a million stories about outbreaks in small towns with meat packing facilities . . .), will also choose to do so. Science will dictate how I roll, whether in NYC or in Vegas.

I think I can still have a good time in Vegas. It will be different but it's not like I'll be able to "party hard" in any other major community where this virus will still be out there. Ironically, NYS, which will have a stay at home order in place for some time still, is one of the few states where cases are finally going down, after unfortunately thousands of lives lost. But, there's lot of testing here, all of the hospitals have been through hell and back and the system knows how to deal with this.

That being said, my guess is a lot of folks probably won't feel like traveling to Vegas and lots of other places for a long time, until there is a vaccine. And even locally across the country, states that opened up are finding that a lot of residents are also looking to the science and health care progress and aren't rushing out to do non-essential shopping and eat at restaurants without masks on, if at all.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Slidey1

Slidey1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My girlfriend and I would be there tomorrow, in a heartbeat. It won’t stay that way forever but we are ready to get on with our lives, and if that means some changes for a while until this is better controlled, so be it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I want to keep the expression "dying to go back" figurative – not literal. As much as I want to return, and my number of trips should lend some credibility, I don't want to have to wear a mask or worry about touching chairs, tables, cards, chips, etc. or being a safe distance from everyone else. And that's not even counting the flying coffins and ground transportation getting there and back. I love playing, sitting at the bars, and much of what makes Vegas what it is, but I'm not so hardcore that I'm willing to risk my health in the process. It won't be easy, but I'll wait until there's a vaccine or proven treatments.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  12. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good post. For us, we don't need Vegas when Vegas isn't actually Vegas, so it's a nonstarter. We're chomping to get vacationing again but if we take our bikes or hiking boots or golf clubs we have tons of cool places and opportunities where the experience isn't heavily compromised by such health/safety measures. I applaud the measures, just not going to go that route with our time and money.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. LVRaiders

LVRaiders Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will go if its free under these circumstances.

Paying the same or more for that, no way.

April Trip
    Last Minute
  14. FormallyTD

FormallyTD Big Time

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It would be nice if the Wynncore would notify the public that they still intend to play 'Sara' by Starship on that loop of theirs.

I hear it every time I'm in the joint and I would hope that never changes....because hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies.

None of this other doohickey guideline-y nonsense matters.

• Funny Funny x 5
  15. LvBlitzforce

LvBlitzforce VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My gf is a full time employee at Encore and she had to work monday and also tomorrow for training purposes. So things are certainly in the works but still no definite timeline. I emphasis the FT employee as those are the only employees that are currently doing the training for the time being.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  16. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that's going to be the case for a lot of people. We here on the internet tend to associate Vegas with gambling and then assume that's the key part of it for everyone. For a few people it is; for others it's something nice to have (i.e., they pick Vegas over another resort destination because gambling is there); but for a lot of people nowadays, the major draw is the nightclubs, the restaurants, the shows, etc. I can't tell you how many people I know who visit Vegas regularly and never, ever gamble.

• Like Like x 1
  17. travelplus1

travelplus1 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a feeling it will resume at a slow pace.

18. SaltyNutSnack

SaltyNutSnack LSU Baseball

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not that it really matters, but the Wynn’s new reservation date is the 26th now instead of the 22cd.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Westside Waltz

Westside Waltz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Golf course opens tomorrow but the hotel has supposedly pushed the opening date back to June 1.

20. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My guy at the Wynn was able to book me for a few nights in July with the Wynn teaser offer that was intended for March. That was awesome news.

He said in the e-mail that they just started working on-site from the property last week and are slowly calling people in for training and things like that. They had been working from home, whenever possible. He is ready to get back to work.

He did mention May 26th as of only 3 days ago (Saturday). So I am unaware of any changes that were made, but as we all know, things are changing as the days or weeks go by.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.