1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What item(s) is still hard to find or low quantity in the stores now?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Valgal, May 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ordered an 80 roll case on Amazon and it looked like it was never going to show up, so about two weeks later, I then ordered the 48 roll case and waited.

The 48 rolls showed up first, although weeks after I purchased it. The 80 rolls came a couple of days later.

I have a LOT of toilet paper in my apartment.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Meat is okay here. Ground beef 80% lean $4.00 a pound. Ribeye steaks around $9 a pound. We started out with a scare. Our Grocer limited you to 2 packs of meat at a time. That was 2 total whether it was steak, chicken, pork etc. -- I thought that was a little ridiculous. There are bigger families out there and limiting 2 packs total was a bit much. They slacked off to 5 packs now. But all you have to do is just go back a second time to purchase more - But I guess it limits the bozos who would come in and purchase the entire meat counter -- I did see a story of a couple that did that - this was back in March - they were from Canada -- sorry Canadians I'm not profiling. I'm sure we have the some of the same mentality down here.

This from the HEB website. I forgot about not seeing rubbing alcohol at all in a long time. I don't need any right now. I've also heard people can't find Zinc right now.

Non-food items (all H-E-B stores)

• Acetaminophen – 2 items total (includes baby, trial and travel sizes, OTC)
      • H-E-B Acid Controller/Famotidine and Pepcid 50ct and larger – Limit 1
      • H-E-B Acid Controller/Famotidine and Pepcid smaller than 50ct – Limit 2
      • Baby wipes – 2 items
      • Disinfecting & antibacterial sprays – 2 items
      • Disinfecting & antibacterial wipes – 2 items
      • Trial and travel size disinfecting & antibacterial sprays/wipes – 2 items
      • Liquid bleach – 2 items
      • Hand sanitizer – 4 items
      • Hand soap – 4 items
      • Aloe Vera – 2 items (Digestive Health, Skincare/Suncare, Healthy Living)
      • Hydrogen peroxide – 2 items
      • Rubbing (Isopropyl) Alcohol/swabs – 2 items
      • First Aid and Cleaning Gloves – 2 items
      • Masks – 2 items

3. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Common sense.

All out. Everywhere :)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  4. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:

Attached Files:

5. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Valgal, my HEB in Round Rock had lots of alcohol last weekend, I was surprised. I also found bleach. I agree with you on the zinc, my hubby has always taken it and it’s nowhere to be found.

Happy birthday to me!
    Let’s check Garth off my nieces bucket list!
  6. thebeachbum

thebeachbum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The hardest thing for me is a real paper towel. All I can find at my normal stops is those worthless invent-a-size rolls. No matter what "size" I "choose" it tears at the seams on my first use. Totally worthless product that preys upon those that think they are saving the world by using less paper. Rant over........for now.

Gotta win this trip.
    Win more where you play more.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Weird on the alcohol here in the burg. I don't need any right now. We use it in our little cheapo fuel fireplace. The fireplace fuel made for it are so expensive. But my husband youtubed fuel alternatives and we use 90% alcohol or whatever we can get close to it. We use soup cans or whatever kind of similar size. Fill it with Perlite and pour in the alcohol and light it up. It works great on cold winter nights in our bedroom faux fireplace. We have an old house. We have done lots of work but the one room without insulation is our bedroom. It gets very cold. (Texan cold anything below 40) One can of the faux fireplace fuel warms it up and stays lit for over 4 hours. We used most of the alcohol and I am just looking ahead for the winter. I look every time I go to HEB - none. I do normally get it at Walgreen's and I haven't been there in quite a while.

• Like Like x 1
  8. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For people looking for olives, if you have a Middle Eastern or Persian grocery store nearby, it is a good place to check. The one near us has been fully stocked with the usual 50+ options on the shelf and several at the service deli also. Could be a regional issue also, I suppose.

9. rm22

rm22 Gym Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know which low carb tortillas you're referring to. they're pretty good.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is low?

Cleaning sprays
    Lysol Wipes (have not seen those since this started)
    Lysol Spray
    Hand sanitizer
    meat (some days)
    liquid hand soap
    Emergen-C, Zinc supplements, Zicam & nearly any vitamin made

Walmart has been receiving regular shipments of hand sanitizer - I need the 32 oz size since I am trying to keep 1 main location and 5 branch banks all stocked for 55 or so employees. One co-worker still working on-site checks in the mornings. We both check on weekends. Today she managed 2 (herself and a child each bought one). I did the two stop trip (had to stop at pharmacy for a scrip) deal & then went back in for groceries. I did manage to score:

2 of the 32 oz hand sanitizers
    2 of the 32 oz liquid hand soap
    1 WM spray cleaner
    2 Lysol Spray cleaners in 2 different scents

Last Saturday I believe I scored 3 Lysol disinfectant regular spray cans in different scents - none to be found this week.

WM had a ton of small bottles of hand sanitizer today at $4 plus several of the GV brand at $1.97. I have enough personally right now so didn't pick up any. They are really working on bringing it in & it was still fully stocked. I think part of this comes into play that Wisconsin just 'opened up' the other day - not the smartest thing to do in my opinion - and people seem to think we are magically better. Last Saturday 85% of the people in WM had a mask on. Today 85% had none on (the employees all did but one). I'm still puzzled at the total lack of wipes. Neither co-worker or I have ever managed to find those at WM. I have enough for another month or so from several EARLY on orders from Quill. However can't get it there any more either.

We've been good on paper towels, toilet paper etc for quite a while now. I actually have way more than what I need. I figure if I am unable to locate it for work (which happened early on), I can take some of mine down to work (I'm working at home). I'm just puzzled that our TP section would be full right now while other places in the country are still empty.

Right now work is slightly overstocked - that's fine. I think once cases start to spike again (we had our highest daily increase today which shouldn't have been a result of the 'open up' that quickly) people may begin to panic a bit - might not be able to get it. I'd rather stay ahead of the game on that.

11. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been looking everywhere for Campbells Chicken Broth. Nobody has it. The disinfectant wipes are in short supply. Clorox is a hit or miss. GermX and Purell are nowhere to be found. You can find some knock offs online from overseas that are very over priced so I do without. I noticed beef and chicken are also in short supply and beef is pricey right now when you can find it. I haven't seen any kind of Lysol (other than toilet bowl cleaner) in two months anywhere. Peroxide, iodine and betadine also rubbing alcohol iare hard to find. TP and paper towels are hit and miss. Usually find at Sams Club if you go early. Many local stores have limits on meat, soup, pasta, disinfectants and some OTC medications. With a little strategic planning I can usually find what I need. I stocked up before it became critical so I am in good shape. I share if someone needs something I have.

12. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @RedRiverRose

This Chicken stock is very tasty - I like it much better than broth. I have not had trouble finding it and I always keep 2 boxes on hand.

Screenshot 2020-05-17 at 8.03.27 PM.png

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1 on what Val said. We always have boxes and boxes of the Kirkland stuff on hand, too.

14. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Eggs are wicked expensive here because all the chickens are working from home.

So the egg guys have to drive around and collect all the eggs, which takes forever, plus the chickens of course are goofing off playing Animal Crossing and shit.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  15. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Valgal and @RedRiverRose, do you have Knorr concentrated chicken stock cups in your area?
    They come in handy when you don't have any stock on hand and easy to store in your pantry.
    Just need about 2 cups of water or so to mix and make a sauce or broth or add to any of your recipes.
    Very tasty and not too much sodium.
    74182402-5EAB-489B-9D55-A160119EE772.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen this but never tried it. I do love Knorr products so I will give it a try. Will take up less pantry space too.

• Like Like x 1
  17. whiskeyandslots

whiskeyandslots High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This stuff is pretty good, but my favorite is Better Than Bouillon. I love that stuff.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, agreed. I pick it up when I can find it. Good stuff.

19. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cleaning supplies. I live alone, so don't really need the Clorox wipes, but I did snag 2 of them early on. Could not find any hand sanitizer so I ordered some from Orly - four 2 oz. bottles.

At least toilet paper and paper towels seems to regularly be in the stock now. That doesn't mean I didn't buy another 6 pack mega roll - just in case.

Campbell's soup. I'm from Minnesota. I NEED my soup. How else am I going to be able to make hot dish? I always make sure I have cream of onion soup in stock as that I what I use in hot dishes - where everyone else seems to use Cream of Mushroom/Chicken. Twice now I have only been able to find store brand cream of potato. When it's back in stock - I'm buying 4 cans of it.

Meat randomly disappears.

I have yet to encounter a shortage of chips, and it shows :(.

20. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't seen any roll paper in the nearby Kroger in 2 months. Of course, wipes and hand sanitizer are nonexistent and spaghetti and sauces are hit or miss – mostly miss. I have plenty of canned tuna, which is good since it's now scarce. I haven't seen mini bagels either and finally broke down and bought the life preserver size. A quarter bagel is still too much! Like with many items, my favorite brands are often unavailable. And after finding a frozen dinner that was actually good, Corky's BBQ Pork, it and just about all pork is gone. Nuts! Lots of shelves are bare, but I didn't notice what used to be there.

I used to do a little shopping 2 or 3 times a week, as it's just a few doors down from the gym. But now that I'm not going to the gym and shopping is riskier than hell and absolutely no fun, I go every 3 weeks. A lot of shoppers weren't wearing masks compared to previous visits, I guess because the reopening has reduced their fear factor and increased mine. DUH!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.