1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Priceline Pricing Quirk

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by The Toddster, May 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Toddster

The Toddster High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm looking at a quick trip for The Wifester and me. We have a ton of Southwest points and they fly nonstop to and from Nashville at times that are convenient to us. The flight offerings with the Vegas Priceline packages are complete ass unless we pay through the nose.

Each package we've looked at is cheaper if a flight is included. There's the possibility that the flight offerings will improve enough to our liking before we have to book the trip, but if not, is there any penalty to booking the package and just skipping out on the included flights? I can't think of any reason why there would be, but I've missed the obvious more than once in my life.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it is a charter, you could have an issue. But I can not imagine the airline contacting priceline,and then they contacting the hotel.

I assume you have checked recently on what sort of sale prices the vegas hotels are offering. Where do you usually stay? CET is very easy on getting free rooms.

Also, if you are going to fly WN (southwest), check their packages.

I am a bit confused though. You say the flight offerings are awful, but the package is better if you include the flight??

3. The Toddster

The Toddster High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It isn’t a charter, just the usual Priceline bundles. We usually stay at CET properties but wifey has read tons about Cosmo and wants to give it a try. The Southwest packages offer better flights but are more expensive and you can’t (as far as I can tell, anyway) redeem Southwest points to offset any of it.

As for the confusion, yes, the Priceline price for the hotel booking alone is sometimes higher than the Priceline price for the hotel + the flight.

4. topcard

topcard Here's to $10 3:2 two-deck, $5 Craps, and $5 UTH!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, you can book your flights & hotel separately, using points for both.
    For the vacation packages, I don't know - but it's worth a call or e-mail to SW to find out.

Annual Spring Trip!
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.