1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How much are you getting out?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buzz_king

buzz_king Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Working from home for 8 weeks now but go out whenever I can - carryout, groceries, liquor, even moved the Mother-In-Law across town. Cancelled trip next week to Tennessee and Kentucky and backup June trip to Laughlin. Now looks like we are going to Deadwood in June.

2. 3OfDiamonds

3OfDiamonds Waiting For “Very Good” Video Poker @ Rio…

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Working from home since mid-March; I’ve been out a few times to get drive-thru and a couple times to “stock up” but otherwise delivery it is :) My local is opening up so I *might* venture out a week from Friday... an essential trip for my mental health, so to speak :goofy::cry::haha::confused:

• Love Love x 1
  3. progrocker2112

progrocker2112 Watch out for this guy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go to the grocery store nearly every day, but I also work there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know every inch of my neighborhood, I go for a two hour walk every day. I played tennis this weekend with a friend, and also do some jogging. I’ve got a whole month and have only filled up the gas tank once

July 19th - July 24th
  5. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Way to go @thecarve !!! Rock it, man! :woohoo: (I also need to add liquor store to my list - haha, even just for some good beer)

I was working remote and going nuts. Took a new job and now go in the office every day on a 9/80 sched. I work near DTLA but it isn't horrible. There's limited people in the building, everyone is masked up (but we can take ours off when working in our own space) and there's signs everywhere telling people what to do - and plenty of hand sanitizer.

I've been to the store once or twice since my epic time quarantining (self isolating? Hiding from zombies?) with my dude on the other side of the country, that was fun. :wink2: - but uh, yeah, I try to get a drive in every weekend and go out, get fresh air. This weekend I'm heading home to San Diegooo to see my family. It'll be nice, even if there's not much to do.

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. jack v

jack v MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go out to places every day at least once mostly because I'm bored, i find I buy almost nothing maybe $5-7 worth of stuff, I think since this started there was only 1 day i didn't drive somewhere. I also take daily walks now that the weather is good, usually several miles.

7. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The dog takes me for a 1/2 to 2 mile walk 3 times per day, usually to a park or linear trail, and we are frequently are joined by my wife.
    The latter being a change since covid-19 raised it's ugly head. I visit the grocery store a few times a week down from almost daily in the past.
    Costco seems to be getting more visits which I attribute more to the package store than the warehouse. Since we have never been ones to order takeout,
    that has not changed. The biggest impact has probably been our inability/unwillingness to travel which I do not see changing much until a vaccine is available.

8. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tennessee opened up a couple weeks ago. I went to a sit down restaurant on Monday which is the first time since before the outbreak. Not many customers eating when I was there.

9. NYNYGirl

NYNYGirl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been working from home for at least the past 5 years, so nothing new there.

I used to go to grocery store 3-4 times per week. I think that was needed as an outlet from working at home. But now I'm more organized with meal plans and a grocery list to only go out once per week. I also pickup things for my mom as well on these trips.

Been ordering to go once or sometimes twice a week as I have gift cards that need to be used. And usually get something for my mom too.

Worst part is getting out for just a walk because the weather is so uncooperative. Like this morning it's 28 degrees. On the few nice days we've had I've definitely gotten out for a walk. I mean guess it's due to having had such a mild winter but I just can't bring myself to walk outside if less than 50 out and even then I need some sun. Okay rant over. But I've been spoiled from being able to walk in the mall every morning....:cry:

But I know things will get better and they could be worse. :peace:

Oh and with my daughter having done college from home and laid off I find myself having to take a once a week drive. Usually on Sundays. Just before it starts all over again.

10. topcard

topcard Here's to $10 3:2 two-deck, $5 Craps, and $5 UTH!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm "out & about" most days.
    I have a 'split' schedule, working from home two days a week (Tuesdays & Fridays), going in on Mondays, Wednesdays & Thursdays.
    Our church has "re-opened", (every other pew 'closed', one household per 'open' pew).
    Typically, I hit the grocery store on both Tuesdays & Fridays, once my work is finished.
    On Saturdays, I usually stay home, but almost always taking care of yard stuff then (1/2 acre).

Annual Spring Trip!
  11. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go in to work 3 days/week at our local Pharmacy. We wear masks and have lots of sanitizer. Do groceries once/week.....our local is fairly well stocked and people pretty respectful of distance. I recently made a trip to see the kids/grandkids. One family very strict so we visited outside and I wore a mask. The others more relaxed so I stayed overnight with one group of 4 and saw another family the next day. Most of them all work from home and our county currently has very few cases so I did my best to stay/keep them safe. I have masks/gloves that I use frequently, so do not feel too confined. I avoid the big box stores if at all possible, because not all customers there seem respectful of others.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for your efforts on the front lines to help so many of us.

Stay safe.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you @kkinwi.

• Like Like x 1
  14. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have about 1/2 tank of gas - My last fill up was in March.
    I go to - Publix, Sam's Club and CVS and that's it!

15. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My life has not changed one bit. I love how there is less traffic on the roads. Gonna hate to see that end.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have not been in a grocery store, or Lowes/etc since mid March.

Daughter did 3 grocery runs for us. (we are 65+).
    Have done a handful of curbside at Lowes and Target.
    Lots of Amazon.
    Even order paper towels from Sams online.

Last time we bought Toilet paper was maybe Feb? Still have some on top shelf.

Prior to this we only did grocery once every two weeks anyways. We tend to buy larger amounts when we go. Cheaper.

• Like Like x 1
  17. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go to work everyday. Our work travel was initially restricted, but, that lasted about two weeks and since then I've had to go all over the state. The reduction in traffic has been nice, but, I've tried to avoid making stops. I go to the store about twice a week. Once for me and once for my parents so they can stay put. Played golf a few times and the game is getting back into form. Playing again this weekend. I've also gone to a restaurant the past two Fridays across the TN border. I feel kind of guilty about getting out and doing things like eating/golf, but, work has me going so many places I wouldn't be doing myself or others any favors by staying home at this point.

18. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Respectful of others."

Thank you! Common courtesy.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Walking daily - finally re-opened the gigantic park behind my house - but not the dam cornhole court!!! Bastards - plenty of social distancing in cornhole damnit!! :grrr:

Grocery shopping, running errands daily for the parents (dad is 78, mom 70, and a 92 y.o grandmother all compromised by age and various maladies.) CVS, Publix, Winn-Dixies have become our new socialization with others..

My barber kept his shop open (clandestinely) so I still was able to get the coif trimmed every 3 weeks with no interruption, thankfully.

Took a trip across state to DeLand this past weekend to get my fireworks for the Memorial Day and some for the 4th... Went to a restaurant on the St. Johns River - first time eating out since february. really cool.

Been working the whole time though...so I'm out pretty much everyday..

Thinking about robbing a liquor store or doing some B and E's this weekend.

• Love Love x 1
  20. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Apart from going into the office don't go out all that much. Grocery store about once per week. Either my wife or I will go. Beer store, gas station when necessary. I do head into the office maybe twice per week. We have a huge office and there is usually one or two people in there at any given time. Lots of space. I do go out for walks and for a drive myself quite a bit. Haven't been near the zoo that is Costco in 3 months and won't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.