1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Is Buying a Restaurant.com Deal worth it for visits to Vegas?

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by C00kieD0ugh, Jan 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C00kieD0ugh

C00kieD0ugh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Las Vegas Advisor Coupon book is in the mail and I've been keeping an eye out for deals in TravelZoo and Groupon but I'm wondering if any of you have experiences / stories with deals on Restaurant.com?

2. comfortablynumb

comfortablynumb Dogs have owners, cats have staff

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've used them many times. Be sure to read the fine print for every deal before buying as they all have different stipulations.

• Like Like x 1
  3. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've used Restaurant.com on many trips all over. Great for 2 people, to much food for 1 person. Never had a problem but I read the stipulations to be sure they'll fit into our plans prior to hitting the button.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. insin

insin Speed Spender

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The best deals on the strip or on Fremont Street are long gone. Most of the better deals are off strip or locals places that aren’t easy unless you are driving.

So many of them are now get $25 off $75.
    So I guess it’s still a savings but only if you were already planning on going and paying full prices.
    (They used to be get $25 off $37.50 when it first started!)

IMO. Carlos and Charlie’s and Slice of Vegas are decent deals - on the strip.

I’ve used these deals since it first started and I STILL have about $300 in certificates and credits left from over 10 years ago!!

Read the fine print

some places exclude weekends or holidays.
    You can’t use them on happy hours or with any other deals. SOME EXCLUDE ALCOHOL!!

groupons are a pretty good option too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some decent deals... but even when we have plans, they change about 90% of the time when in the Vegas playground.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. comfortablynumb

comfortablynumb Dogs have owners, cats have staff

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So true, so true.

• Like Like x 2
  7. lapesh

lapesh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use the Senior Frogs every year. I still have $200 from cards bought in 2010! Good thing is they never expire. Going to try the Carlos and Charlie's this year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We use them on our Vegas vacation, but we Rent a car, and are in town for two weeks, with only a week on strip/Downtown. With MyVegas, LVA, ACG, Resort Credits, Restaurant.coms, travelzoos, discount restaurant gift cards,and restaurants, attractions, and shows that you want to go to without those deals, you end up making a calendar to keep track of where to go, when.

If you plan too much, it spoils the time in Vegas. I can't imagine spending only 3 or 4 days and bothering with any of it.

15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
    15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've used several of them over the last few years. As others have said there really aren't many deals on the strip but if you're willing to get out into the neighborhoods there are a lot of local places that offer R.com deals. I've used the Slice one at MB several times, really good pizza but as I almost always roll solo it's hard to get to the $75 buy minimum.

I've used the Senor Frog one a couple times when I happen to be at TI but it's rare I get up there any more. Good thing about that one is they don't seem to record the cert # and they give it back to you so you can use the same cert several times if not unlimited times. I have a couple unused ones for C&C's that I may never use only b/c I'm not a big fan of the food (or Flamingo for that matter).

Haven't bought a new cert in years now...and nothing new ever seems to get added on strip. If you're really into one of the restos they offer it's worth it, but I don't go out of my way for them anymore.

10. travelplus1

travelplus1 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only you can decide if it works. Also remember to tip on the full amount as if you did not use the certificate:). I have use Restaurants.com without a flaw.

11. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've used r.com a lot...my husband kept buying them as he can't pass up a bargain and now we have way more than we'll probably ever use. I'm usually in LV solo. For the solo traveler, I find the minimum purchase is usually too much for me to use them. Still, I'll often bring one or two with me on a trip. When we both go to LV we usually bring along half a dozen certificates and end up using one or two of them. Like @daveg000 ,our trips are 2 weeks long, mostly staying off Strip, and we have a car.

12. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I'm eating in Las Vegas, it's one of a few cases, none of which work for coupons or pre-sold discounts.

1. I'm on the clock and gonna expense it out, so I'm not concerned about price except for the general "use it, don't abuse it" rule.
    2. I'm with others and it's a collective (final) decision on where to eat.
    3. I'm solo, and I care far more about convenience and what I'm in the mood for at the time than saving a few pennies.

And hey, is that coupon or deal gonna save you more than a few VP plays or one bet at the tables? Really?

13. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Somewhat same story here.

Six or seven years ago I bought a bunch of them when I used to go for Vegas for long trips but moved around a lot and before Wynncore became my home. For various reasons, I have more primarily solo trips now and with being RFB at Wynncore and having some limited food comps elsehwere + my Seven Stars benefits, I haven't used one in years. But I think they never expire and I probably have $1000+ in certificate value for which I paid about $150 would be my guess.

I think they can be a good value but I would purchase when they have sales and don't overbuy, like I clearly did. I'll likely never use the rest of these (if I can even find them in my apartment) so that was $150+ bucks wasted.

14. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don’t use these types of services for a number of reasons personally. Though I’m just commenting to say that Restaurant dot com seems to offer some pretty aggressive promos on shopping portals...

Amtrak, up to 18 points per $1: https://shop.amtrakguestrewards.com/food-and-drink/restaurant-com

Caesars Rewards, up to 15 reward credits per $1: https://www.caesarsrewardsmarketplace.com/en/food-and-drink/restaurant-com

Southwest, up to 12 points per $1: https://rapidrewardsshopping.southwest.com/me____.htm?keywords=Restaurant.com&gmid=2456

[TENTATIVE Late Jul/Early Aug] Vegas by way of Chicago/Elko/Reno!
  15. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas VIP Whale

The certificates should still be in your account. Log in and see if they are still there. You may be able to "return" some of them and purchase something else you are more likely to use with those credits. I've done this several times.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. pirviii

pirviii Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We used to use one every trip at Quarks. I bought 5 of them when they were on sale. I used 2 in Vegas, one locally and I still have 2 in my account. One of these days I may use them,but I don't put much effort into redeeming them.

17. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the tip. I need to do this. During my August trip -- assuming it happens -- I could see using some as I'll be there (I hope) for 2 weeks and for a good chunk of the trip I may have as many as 4 to 5 friends or family members in town. Thanks again. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.