1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

JetBlue extends "No Change/Cancel Fee" policy to all reservations booked by May 31

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Chuck2009x, Apr 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Previously JetBlue's policy only applied to reservations that had been booked within certain windows.

Last night they extended it to all reservations booked by May 31 for travel through January 4, 2021.

If you cancel, it's still to your advantage to wait until the last minute, because the clock doesn't start ticking on travel funds until they are issued.

upload_2020-4-28_7-47-27.png

2. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am Mosaic so I don't have change or cancellation fees in any event but this is a good move by Jet Blue. I received an email this morning regarding low Jet Blue fares so I'll check those out.

Jet Blue has also become the first US airline to require that passengers wear masks, which IMO is also a good move.

• Like Like x 1
  3. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked flights both on JetBlue and Delta because of these changes. It was actually kind of cool to be able to change my Delta flight so I could arrive a day earlier, without any fees. I know Southwest has always allowed this but Southwest to Vegas from NYC does not have great schedules so I never book it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. Regardless of the response of the fed govt., this request by itself speaks volumes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I think it's probably not as simple as just them saying they want to wipe all the flights off their schedule immediately. Feels more like they want flexibility to take some flights off the schedule, with the option to restore them as needed.

7. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The exemption was granted:

JetBlue and Spirit Airlines have been granted permission by the U.S. Department of Transportation to temporarily suspend service at several U.S. airports due to low travel demand during the coronavirus pandemic.

“Spirit Airlines and JetBlue will not be obligated to provide service at certain large hubs or focus city airports that have abundant service by large air carriers using the airports to provide connecting services,” according to the U.S. Department of Transportation.

JetBlue, Logan International Airport’s largest carrier, may now stop service at 16 airports where demand is low, and Spirit can halt service at six airports, through Sept. 30, according to the Department of Transportation. Previously, the airlines were obligated to serve the airports under the CARES Act.

“We thank the Department of Transportation for granting our exemption, which will give us maximum flexibility to adjust our schedules as needed,” JetBlue officials said in a statement. “This could range from no changes to reduced flying to temporarily suspended service. We will share details on service plans in individual markets soon.”

• Informative Informative x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.