1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I am Reimagining My Upcoming (now late Sept/Oct) Vegas Trip -- What About You?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Flowers, Apr 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hockeymom

hockeymom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great posts guys, I have my annual family girls trip the end of Sept ( we have been going for over 30 years) . I am praying that it all goes as planned, knowing that some things will be different. I hope all that travel before me help to get all the kinks out, so we can have the amazing trip we all look forward to every year. Thanks in advance

• Like Like x 2
  2. BlueBellThunder

BlueBellThunder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was planning on going opening day, whenever that may be, but now I'm not sure. If I have to wear a mask everywhere, I probably wait till it's not a requirement. My opinion is that Vegas and elsewhere wont be back to normal until 2022 or later, I hope I'm wrong, as I will may have to eat my airfare credit, but I can't see having a good time wearing a mask everywhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    very nice thread, Flowers. Your trips sounds fabulous. As with many things in life, it’s all in the attitude.

I am very hopeful for my Labor Day arrival. If there are slots open I’ll be there. If the tables are running, even better. I usually go solo so social - actually physical - distancing is fine for me. My biggest disappointment would be no cocktail service. (Doesn’t alcohol kill germs? If that happens I will bring an extra suitcase full of booze. Since I bought a first class ticket for a great price (one way with miles and the other super cheap) I am able to bring a second suitcase without a fee that I can pack with booze, sanitizer and masks.

I will try to be creative to be safe. Maybe I’ll bring some pencils and use the eraser part to press the buttons, I already have portable straws that fold up into little cases. If I really look on the bright side of distancing I imagine no smokers near me, no button pounders or screen wipers.

I have done 2 trips a year for about a decade. I missed my Feb/Mar trip and went to visit my sister who lives in France. Perfect timing as things shut down as soon as I returned. I am hoping my timing continues to be lucky. If my trip goes as planned it will have been 12 months since my last gamble and I miss it more than I thought I would.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  4. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am hopeful for my August trip but it will probably depend on if my friends are willing to go, and if my family looks at me like I have 2 heads for going. It's hard to say what the vibe about travel will be in a few months. I'm a planner, so normally I'd have air booked by now.

If my trip is a go, it will probably be the push I need to try Jetblue mint. I like the idea of a little more space in this environment. I will stalk the air tomorrow.

I have no problem with wearing a mask, few players at a table, or every other slot being off. Not having poker will be sad but I'm not optimistic. I am concerned about temperature reads as my temp is all over the place if I work out - I don't want to be denied entry to my hotel! I will probably stick close to the resort and not wander in and out as much, just to avoid a temperature read. I may finally ask the Lyft driver to stop at a store for supplies before arrival.

Open restaurants are another concern, but I can work around that. If we end up at Cosmo, I see more in room dining! China Poblano has a take away window, so that will work fine.

I can also see us getting a cabana, just for the extra space.

This event could cause me to spend a lot more than I normally would! That's ok - I've been saving money staying home. Honestly, I can't wait to low roll and tip high - these workers need their tips!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  5. ajdj

ajdj Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remain hopeful for our September adventure. If we are allowed to fly then we won’t hesitate to travel.

I don’t expect things to be ‘normal’, I’m expecting at the very least compulsory mask wearing on aircraft, temperature checking and hand sanitiser absolutely everywhere.

I’d like to see Barry Manilow that we have tickets for on September 19th but will understand if that can’t happen.

In many ways September seems a long way off right now (that’s probably a good thing). So much has happened in March and April and at the moment I’m still not allowed to leave my own house to go for a walk (looks like that may change at the weekend). Still, I definitely find it helpful to be positive and have something to look forward to.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. joespoolhall

joespoolhall VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you're approaching this trip with the right attitude, which means you should have a good time. I'm looking at my next trip the same way. Have a good time.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 3OfDiamonds

3OfDiamonds Waiting For “Very Good” Video Poker @ Rio…

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol this thread is like Vegas withdrawal therapy... visualizing the next trip and accepting the terms of “the new normal” in a positive way... thanks Flowers :thumbsup::nworthy:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  8. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is really tough not even being able to go for a walk. We can do that here while keeping social distancing and walking my dogs is a saving grace for me. I hope you will soon have the freedom of getting out for a walk.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you and back at you @joespoolhall.

10. andyg99

andyg99 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    with all the shit going on I'm re-imagining my life now!

Vegas Trip #57
    Vegas Trip #58, Sammy Hagar
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hear you!! Hang in there. :)

12. AyDee

AyDee is getting too old for this

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I'm going to start booking July, Aug, and forwards, as any offers come in,
    fully accepting I can/will cancel them as the situation dictates.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Sueballz

Sueballz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am trying to be hopeful and creative about a newly minted end of July trip. School starts fro me around August 12 so really cant make it any later. We used to go to Tahoe every year in the Fall till kids and a school job came. We have only been back once since when kids graduted high school. We will be married 30 years this May so its time to return, though so sad the Ponderosa Ranch is so long gone. General Plans-
    Fly in to Reno
    Stay the night at Harrahs
    Next day grab a car and go to Virginia City
    Drive to Harrahs Tahoe for 3 nights
    Find one night at air bnb lakeside maybe
    Drive to Las Vegas for 3 nights
    Have a positive attitude and sense of adventure and it will be ok!
    I have made some masks from lularoe leggings, bought some, and now am thinking of trying out the gaiter style neck thing. Like I said lol trying to be open thinking of an adventure!

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  14. MaxStacks

MaxStacks Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the positivity here. Have an August trip planned as well. Hoping for the best!

• Like Like x 2
  15. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always wanted to check out Virginia City! Please post pics and reviews if you can!

16. stlguy197239

stlguy197239 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My next trip is scheduled for Thanksgiving week and I am hopeful that things will be closer to 'normal' by then, but I don't think anyone knows what 'normal' is going to be going forward. I have hotel rooms booked but those are easily moved. SWA doesn't open up the Nov flight schedule until later this month and I don't have to book that flight as soon as it is available since I am guessing those flights will look like the normal price on day 1 but might drop in a month or two. Hopefully by mid July we will have a better sense of how things are going in Vegas, and everywhere else.

As the saying goes, "hope for the best, but prepare for the worst".

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just found out yesterday that Delta is making masks mandatory for passengers.

This seriously impacts my decision to travel. So, I'll be keeping an eye on things until August and make a decision then.

But right now, with a mandatory mask policy on Delta flights - cancellation possibility is very high.

I may play in phone hell with them later today and see if they have any idea when the policy will expire, or if there are exemptions.

• Like Like x 2
  18. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I changed my August flight to arrive 5 days earlier, so I would now be there 9 days instead of 4. I am going to be so depressed if this gets cancelled.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fingers crossed for you @vegas superfan! For me, the longer the trip the better but a 9-day Vegas trip is my sweet spot!

• Like Like x 2
  20. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Longer is definitely better! There is a part of me that wants to say screw it and just keep going and see how long I can last on comped nights, and just work remotely.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.