1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best quarantine Amazon impulse buy so far???

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Wallew, Apr 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not really impulsive -- I'm slow to get on board. My son is the tech nerd in the family. He recommended these for me. The pair I have work fine but they are behind the ear. I was impressed that it charges in the case.
    Screenshot 2020-04-06 at 4.36.11 PM.png

• Like Like x 3
  2. Maine Farmer

Maine Farmer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I purchased this two years ago because it was marked down so cheap. It is suppose to be in the basement by the steam room/spa I'm building. Pulled it out of the box and removed some racks and threw in the produce. Sorry wine.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. nancyf

nancyf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love online shopping.... I have stuff in my cart both on HSN and QVC-just haven't decided if I really want the skort or blouses.... I have ordered make-up from Ulta (its being shipped right now) and from Amazon I have ordered puzzles, books and bday gifts for my Grandchildren (1 had bday in March another in April) also Easter gifts for grandchildren - the gifts are crafts so they will have something to do while they are staying home...and I love Amazon because they deliver free to my Grands that I can't see anyway... oh and I ordered masks from Walmart - they also are on the way :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Wallew

Wallew VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The wife and I have been talking about pulling out the old “beer fridge” just to be able to stock up more.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Wallew

Wallew VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have been keeping a running list of things that we need to buy and want to buy for our next trip to the supermarket. I’m thinking Haagen-dazs just made the short list.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We haven't ordered anything out of the ordinary. Mainly SoBe drinks for the bride.

She makes me wait a day before I can play with the boxes now! :faint:

RICHARD

• Like Like x 4
  7. AyDee

AyDee is getting too old for this

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]
    Can you guess what I had hoped to be doing about 3 weeks ago?
    Bonus ?: can you guess where I got my shirt?

(This is not a sponsored ad)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  8. JJLV

JJLV High-Roller

Frozen Tundra. Desert dream died with him.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got the wigs and hubby got this Golf watch from Amazon. He always wanted one. He's still golfing 3 to 4 times a week (for Now) every day we think they will end it but haven't yet. He's using his own cart. No pin pull and so much more safety things. *Shhhh..... Secretly, I rather wish they would end it but it keeps him happy and out of my hair for a bit (or wig as it may be) and he is extremely safe, but I worry of course*

He really likes the Garmin. He bought new clubs too, but not from Amazon. What the heck, have that thicker wallet with no gambling. Saving some $ for future trips, some for fun and have more to help some charities better, so far okay. Wishing all well. Man, I am missing my slots!

[​IMG] Garmin Approach S20, GPS Golf Watch with Step Tracking, Preloaded Courses, Black

• Like Like x 3
  9. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bought a five-quart container of Castrol 0-20w full synthetic oil for $14 today. "In stock" at Amazon, but won't be delivered until April 26th! Wow, they are really backed up. Probably won't need it for a long time with as few miles as we're driving these days, but full synthetic for under $3 a quart? Couldn't pass that up.

As an aside, I call impulse purchases like this "kangaroo food." I've teased my wife for years about her impulse purchases of things like clothes and shoes that she absolutely doesn't need, but they are such a good deal "on sale" that she has to have them. I kid her that she'd buy kangaroo food if the store said it was 75% off. But I do it too, with things like LED flashlights, headlamps, outdoor watches, tools and even motor oil. Guess we all have our quirky needs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    download.png

• Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 1
  11. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not backed up, they are doings certain items first then they will get to the non essential items...I ordered a few things last night, 2 will be here by saturday, one sunday and the rest between the 13th-27th

12. THE FLYING V

THE FLYING V Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    a few important items for the social isolation...
    firepit.jpg storm.jpg rhps.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  13. AyDee

AyDee is getting too old for this

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just have to warn you, I've bought 2 sets of these and somehow managed to lose them both in my house.. somehow the ones with the neck wires stick around, I just lose the earpiece off of those..
    Guess I have my next project to work on,.. keep cleaning and I'll find them eventually.
    When I had them, they sounded fine enough @ $40 vs the apple wireless earpod price, and even more so when lost.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  14. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to hit the big city today so I polled a few neighbors as to their beer needs and will be bringing goodies back from Full Circle. You order and pay online, text when you get there and they bring the stuff out. Not exactly taking relief to the Donner Party, I realize.

• Like Like x 6
  15. Mudhen

Mudhen Always in Dutch

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's OK, no one else did either.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cripes, when I post a thread on TP, that speaks volumes. But, I know some people are struggling with this, and it might be helpful.

[removed content to make shorter]

Long story short, a friend and his wife were having problems finding TP, and I wanted to buy them some. FYI Even if Amazon looks empty, it's like a slot machine, it refreshes in small amounts very quickly... And gone even quicker.

Keep refreshing like crazy on AMAZON. Kind of like Deal Dash. Com. It'll show empty, empty, empty on a specific TP posting, then you might "hit" where the same posting refreshes.

You'll only have a small window to buy before it goes back to "unavailable", but just stay diligent. They ARE updating, the windows just close really fast. It's kind of like a slot machine hitting.... Push, push, push those buttons a ton before the TP handpays. (I had this happen on 3 different postings, so it wasn't a fluke.)

Again, while I sound a little tongue in cheek, I DID want to share this as depending on your area, it might help some if you're running low

Notice it's expensive, but not crazy expensive, a good brand, and fast shipping.

Ps I know a few may laugh at me, but if it helps even one VMBer, I'm happy!

Good luck! Screenshot_20200407-182810_Amazon Shopping~2.jpg

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just like when we play slots...….keep pushing the buttons!!!

Hopefully......JACKPOT!!!:woohoo:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good info, @Multifarious5 !

I'll add that my Walmart does not put the paper products out on the shelves. There's a big bay door in the back of the grocery section that leads to their receiving area. Anyway, there is usually a few pallets of paper products there along with an employee or two. You just tell the employee what you want. I managed to get some Charmin that way last week. But when I went back a few days later for paper towels, I had to settle for some off brand. Obviously, YMMV. But its another thing you might want to check if you're really in need.

• Like Like x 2
  19. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or head out north of town off the 93. Once you get up north of that saddle at the NE end of the valley ... nada.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.