1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My favorite hotel amenity (lotions, etc.) to date. What's yours?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Flowers, Apr 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am organizing lots of things and found a bag of goodies that contains the best collection of hotel amenities I have ever received. I LOVE the Molton Brown products in Wynncore and the made-for-Wynncore-only gender neutral fragrance of those products, but it was actually a suite in Caesars AC that had the best collection of products I have ever received staying at any hotel.

I never get to stay in the Ocean Tower, let alone in a suite, but the front desk person who I love hooked me up when I had arrived after midnight one night last Fall and the person who was going to use it didn't show up. I barely slept in it but the amenities were wonderful. I didn't even know that Molton Brown had mouthwash, toothpaste, facial wash, sewing kits, etc. I am sure the MB name was just slapped on there but it was so much fun to pack these puppies and bring them home. Add to this a shower cap.

I am putting them in a toiletry bag and putting away for my first trip back to AC, where I will likely be staying in Caesars in the Centurion Tower, which is fine, especially if I get a great ocean view. I hope it will be Memorial Day weekend.

20200405_134614.jpg

In addition to Wynncore -- I use those products at home a lot and donate the rest -- I was surprised that The D Suites had great products too, i.e. a full collection of L'Occitane products in the almond fragrance. I love Four Seasons products too, especially their makeup face wipes, which I have tried to buy online.

Please share your favorites!!

Edited to add: I strongly dislike the smell of the products that are in the regular Caesars AC rooms so when I go to AC I bring my own soap, body wash, lotion, etc. It is the only hotel, anywhere, where I have felt the need to do that.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  2. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shower caps. I keep them in the kitchen and they fit right over a large bowl of salad before I pop the leftovers in the fridge. Super easy. Love 'em.

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 4
  3. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a great idea!!

4. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The oatmeal soap at the Golden Nugget, downtown, was legendary (probably a Steve Wynn thing?). Sometime around the time that Landry's bought the GN, they stopped purchasing it (cost cutting, of course), but the housekeeping carts usually had some bars for a couple of years after that, which they would only dish out if you requested one from them.

• Like Like x 2
  5. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many years ago Caesars had small, oval, pink-yet-clear bars of glycerin facial soap I really loved. I admit I used to comb the hallways looking for carts to try to get a few extras.

Along similar lines but not an amenity, the public restrooms at Mandalay Bay used to have the best scented hand soap I've ever encountered.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to collect hotel amenities. I ended up donating the soaps and shampoos. The only things that I kept were the sewing kits.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hear you @DaiLun. I typically bring a lot home with me. After 10 days or 2 weeks at Wynn two sets of toiletries a day with turn down service, I usually have a small duffel bag full that I bring home! I keep about a third for my mom and me and donate the rest.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mudhen

Mudhen Always in Dutch

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As long as they have TP and soap, I'm pretty happy. :thumbsup:

I did keep a small sewing kit or two, back when I was traveling for living, because you just never know when you are going to pop a button.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love pens!

RICHARD

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't really have a favorite. But my favorite story of hotel room amenities was the first time I stayed at the MGM Skylofts. I was there solo. My partner likes to take pens from each hotel we stay at. There was one or two in the loft already, but I called the butlers and asked if they could bring me a few extra pens to take take home to my partner. Less than five minutes later, the doorbell rings and there stands a Skyloft butler with no less than twenty Skyloft pens on a silver platter. She asked if that was sufficient. I laughed, said of course, and took several of them home. I am sure some of them are still on her desk

I Need Spa
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is a wonderful story of spectacular service. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me too and of course the Wynncore stationary; wrote my To Dos on a pad using my WC pen earlier this am.

• Like Like x 4
  13. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the Molton Brown stuff from Wynn too @Flowers !

I’m also a fan if Cosmopolitan products, both the old lavender stuff and the new stuff, lemon verbena I think. I have one remaining bath bar to open from my stay in January.

Mandalay Bay had a really nice massage/bumpy bath bar that I snagged. Haven’t stayed there in a while so I need to head back and do some quality control checks.

Can’t wait to see what Delano has up for grabs!

• Like Like x 3
  14. SMG

SMG VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pens are probably number one followed by the mini bar soaps and whatever new/unused bottles of shampoo and body lotion that I've accumulated during my stay. LOL I also like the bathroom amenities from Wynn/Encore, better than those provided by some of the low-mid end properties.

• Like Like x 3
  15. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the Bvlgari products in the mgm skylofts. Shower gel, shampoo, lotion, bath salts

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  16. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Refrigerator. Cold booze is important.

Free bottled water has saved my life a few times.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The most important 'hotel room amenity' is in-room coffee.:love:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  18. DsqrdDGD909

DsqrdDGD909 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Surprised no one mentioned robes.

Some hotel in Seattle had the most luxurious robe I’ve ever had on. Could have stayed all day in it if my wife had allowed it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im pen and notepad guy, last trip at PH when i noticed there was none in the room(Cet cutbacks) i waited in line at the concierge to ask about it, when i got back to room they had deliver some.

• Like Like x 3
  20. insin

insin Speed Spender

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually take a pen!

Can't remember which hotel had it but Eau Parfumée Au Thé Vert by Bvlgari.
    The Shaving Gel, Perfumed Deodorant and Refreshing Towels are especially nice!
    I loved the little round Soaps for guests.
    The Shampoo, Conditioner and Lotion were awesome as well but the bottle opening was too small to get product out of!

Agraria Bitter Orange from Venetian and Lemon Verbena from Palazzo.
    The Facial Soap was my favorite.
    And they had a shower cap and hair band!
    Shower Gel, Lotion, Bath Bar, Shampoo, Conditioner, and Facial Soap.
    Also ..... Venetian had q-tips, make-up remover pads, nail file/cuticle stick, sewing kit.

Luxor used to have the little pyramid shaped soaps.
    Loved the look of them but the soap itself was MEH.

Standard hotel bath amenities are usually really crappy.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.