1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

JR and Gaggles Honeymoon!!!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Trip Reports' started by Gaggles, Mar 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was at this point we started getting hungry. The beach we were on was pretty quiet but we looked down south and saw a pier. That meant food. I was also unaware at the time that we were pretty much already on Cocoa Beach. I had been here before.

We went from this:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To this...it was busier than it looked. Apparently they didn’t get the Covid memo. It was full scale party. Our pics don’t do it justice.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And is it just me or does this picture look EXACTLY like the kind of place COVID would be hanging out in?
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Towards dinner time we begin a reluctant walk back to the car. No more beaches for The Gaggles for awhile. We went to Orlando. As all the amusement parks were closed at this time, it took the fun out of being 20 minutes away from Disney World.

7. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So despite no theme parks, we still amused ourselves.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These little swing things were nuts. We did not go on this thing but it looked like a pretty good time. Super high up in the air.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  9. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So that night I was on the phone, on hold, for about two hours with Expedia before I fell asleep. JR and I were currently still booked to fly out of Puerto Rico in two days. JR also had made contact again with the hotel in Puerto Rico as she had not heard back in regards to her cancellation. The hotel, Canario Boutique did not get back to her and to date, us but giving a refund. We are still trying to get any kind of refund back that we can. When almost everyone else in the travel industry is stepping up and doing what’s right, they are telling us to pound sand. We didn’t cancel in accordance with their cancellation policy of TEN F@CKING DAYS so all they are offering is credit within the year. Ya...thanks. Great customer service Canario. $400 US right now is almost $600 Canadian today. I could see them charging one night but the full four is bullshit. Anyways, rebooking flights had to wait cuz I was falling asleep.

• Wow! Wow! x 2
  10. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the most excellent trip report. My condolences to your liver.

11. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So glad the test came out negative. Waiting for the rest.....

12. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So the next morning I tried Expedia again. Only on hold for about 30 minutes. Flights out of Orlando booked in the morning. Between the time we got off the boat and dinner time yesterday, New Orleans and Harrahs had shut down. When we were in Ron Jon’s in Canaveral yesterday a store clerk told us the mayor was likely shutting down the town and beaches in a couple days. We knew Nashville was done so we assumed a road trip was ill advised. I was in touch with Macker who was politely urging me to stop pissing around and get home. So....I took a morning flight back to Calgary.

I wanted to go to the Ripley’s museum today but it to had closed after being open the day before. Truly time to get out of Dodge. Canadian Prime Minister was politely threatening Canadians to come home. We even threaten politely in Canada.....

So ya...despite the great deal on our hotel room of about 77
    [​IMG]
    Canadian a night, we had to depart. No pool pics but the grounds of our hotel was great and rooms were awesome. Great location near three parks to. I highly recommend The Rosen Inn International. No pool pics or room pics but grounds were nice.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  13. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So we had rebooked a 7:00 am flight. At around 10:30 I got a text that our flight was cancelled and we were booked on another flight for 6:30ish. Thank goodness we were still awake and were able to confirm as I turn my phone to silent at bedtime and I almost missed this and we might have had flight issues.

As of March 19, only four airports in Canada were accepting international flights: Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal, and Toronto. Anyways, we got to the airport and we were the only people in the tram to our gate.

And as you can see from this picture, we almost had this plane to Houston to ourselves as well. The flight to Calgary was about 75% full.
    [​IMG]

• Wow! Wow! x 5
  14. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And as our adventure finally came to an end, we arrived back in Calgary. My friends had dropped off my car in short term parking, filled it up with gas, and bought us $100 worth of groceries. Now, my buddy does own the grocery store that said groceries came from, but that was still buddies doing us a solid. And good lord was it cold!!!!! The last few years winter has been lasting 6 months!!!! We barely get three warm months anymore. Arizona is beckoning.

So that’s our adventure. It was an awesome time and if we hadn’t watched news in the boat, you wouldn’t have known anything was wrong in the world until 6:15 am on the 7th day if our cruise.

Here’s hoping all of you are doing well and getting by. And here’s hoping Vegas will be open for my annual 40th bday and my daughters 21st bday for June 19th.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 10
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  15. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My cats also seem to be tired of quarantine.

[​IMG]

• Love Love x 4
  16. unomas

unomas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow what an incredible trip report! Thanks for sharing your honeymoon on VMB, one that you and JR will never forget for obvious reasons plus considering the Covid-19 was happening simultaneously. Cheers!

17. GamblingGolfer

GamblingGolfer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing. Pretty amazing time, glad you made it back. We had a bit of the same "get outa Dodge" as we scrambled back to Vancouver from Palm Springs.

Alberta will warm up eventually .... ;)

GG

18. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry about that. We are healthy, bored, and hoping the germs and viruses go away soon.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you. I never had any intention of doing a TR for this but in lieu of everyone being cooped up, I thought it might be a good idea. They can be a lot of work, but I really appreciate when others do them as I really enjoy reading people's adventures.

• Like Like x 15
  20. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing! Glad you both got home mostly unscathed. Aside from the Jerk Hotel, seems like things all worked out.

• Agree Agree x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.