1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What are you grateful for today?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ardee, Feb 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is so wonderful. Thanks so much for posting a good news story.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm grateful that in difficult times like we are now having, that there are people out there still looking out for each other.

Yesterday I was extremely grateful that my Bil called me and asked me if I need rice, which is what I needed but couldn't find in the stores. He braved the lines at our local Sam's Club and got me a bag, which was limited to one per customer.

I told him that if times get harder and he needs something I have to just let me know. His selfless deed enabled one less person to be out there potentially either getting infected or infecting others.

Be safe everyone!

• Love Love x 6
    • Like Like x 4
  3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a Zoom session with several friends hunkered down in San Francisco. All are well to this point and that's extra important for two who are immune-compromised. The City was hit early and an early and ardent adopter, and it shows. Thankfully still only seven deaths in that dense city. Tragic for seven people and families, but a very thankful state of affairs for the hundreds of thousands. Grateful doesn't describe it.

• Like Like x 7
  4. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm thankful that our family is still healthy.

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  5. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m grateful for Zoom. Teachers are using this for teaching now.

We have all been in various stages of shelter in place, and Stay Home, Stay Safe for several weeks now
    So this evening our family had a video zoom session with 3 households and it was a blast - we all wore funny masks guessing who was who, even batman made an appearance, and a diaper face mask. Then it was goofy backgrounds and silly faces put on by the grandsons. Then I got to show off the first ever haircut I gave my husband :eek:
    So much joy and silly laughter,

So much to be grateful for.

Stay safe dear VMB friends.

• Love Love x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can only imagine... :faint:
    I bet it was great, @Geogran!
    Next time, he might like "The Rachel!"

rachel-haircut-gettyimages-138427199.jpg

Sounded like a wonderful time!

Wishing you more Texas-sized joy and laughter!

RICHARD

• Funny Funny x 6
  7. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No imagination needed, very similar to this

upload_2020-4-3_2-33-16.jpeg

I doubt he’ll leave the house for weeks :haha:

• Funny Funny x 5
  8. TrewBrew

TrewBrew I may be right, I may be Crazy.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Black market hair cuts. Shhh.

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A local distillery is making hand sanitizer. They donated a bunch to the hospital. Garrison Brothers Distillery. If you want to do some impulse buying shop on line at Fischer & Wieser — the Raspberry Chipotle Sauce is the bomb- on top of cream cheese and spread on crackers. Yum.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  10. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am grateful for God's gifts of peace, wisdom and love.

I am grateful that even as we weather this storm, we still press on day after day.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 3
  11. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m grateful I’m not home alone during all this. My life has changed considerably over the last 15 months all for the better. I can’t imagine being in this situation without a partner in life.

Remember to reach out to your friends and family that are going alone right now. I have a few that I’m checking up on and it helps me too. Some days are better than other for all of us and we all need to be checked on. I’m grateful to be the checker and the checkee.

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  12. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So far, all my family and others I care about are staying reasonably healthy (if mentally/emotionally frazzled to the nth degree). There’s nothing I could be more thankful for than that!

Hope all my VMB family is staying healthy and keeping at least a bit of your sanity during these crazy times.

Also, wash your hands and give your loved ones a (virtual) hug! :peace:

• Love Love x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am grateful that many In The community are recognizing the nurses and doctors in the hospitals. Starbucks is giving us free coffee . We get free pizza every night. I’m starting to waddle.

I’m most grateful to our farmers and ranchers. They are not taking days off. They get up early Take care of their crops and livestock so they we can eat. They go to the stock yards hoping they can get a fair price. Many of these men and women - yes women work other jobs so they can still ranch and farm. They feed us. They are made fun of for being country hicks. They give their all every day. Please remember the debt we owe them. They are my heroes. They might not sound as sophisticated as some. They are wise. They are caring. Without them we are nothing.

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They feed us. Yep!! That's the story here, too, in the world's grocery store. Too bad it takes something like this to be grateful for those ranchers, farmers and laborers who do this for us every day of our lives.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  15. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also am grateful for the efforts that these people are doing in the midst of crisis. Laborers, medical professionals, law enforcement, drivers, food industry workers, farmers, the list goes on and on.

They have stepped up to the plate and the thing that makes me grateful and thankful is the fact that they have been doing this day in and day out forever, crisis or no crisis, they've always stepped up to the plate and swung for the fences.

Every day. God Bless them.

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. bull1029

bull1029 Mr. Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm grateful I am considered essential on my job, and I have worked continually throughout. I am also grateful in the future, when I get to go back to Vegas, what an even greater treat it will seem like then.

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  17. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm grateful that my students are all doing well. I just received a note from one of them in the mail today! :D

20200409_120035.jpg

RICHARD

• Love Love x 9
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. flyguyfl

flyguyfl MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I an grateful of my insurance company of all things. I have cars and house insured by USAA and they are an association so each December all the members get a check when the year has been good for the company.
    Carrying that idea forward in the current situation, they are reducing the car insurance 20% for the next two months since fewer are driving and that results in fewer claims. So my account will have a credit for each of those months that will lower my costs upon renewal. Don't have to do anything to get it either.

• Like Like x 7
  19. TrewBrew

TrewBrew I may be right, I may be Crazy.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]
    Need I say more? These three make me feel grateful everyday

• Love Love x 11
    • Like Like x 2
  20. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took the pup for a walk today and walked through this pathway. I was just entering when I saw 2 people coming towards me. I turned around and stepped down the road a bit and waited for them to exit. As they came out of the path, they waved and said thank you.

Who would have ever thought someone would thank me for holding back on walking down a pathway?

92708004_566445857612724_5957590260593459200_n.jpg

I went through 5 pathways while walking the dog today and met others on 3 of them. Same experience each time.

As I continued on my walk, down another path.... I came across this.

I am grateful today! If only that person knew how much that small painted rock cheered me!!

93052447_2937567189633701_7110402290778898432_n.jpg

92696762_361042258140676_7532871878357024768_n.jpg

• Love Love x 12
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.