1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I'm SO bored!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by EastCoastVegasFan!, Mar 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m bored but dedicated.
    DEB75466-29CC-4289-85C5-C5AEFABE67A0.jpeg

23CE05EF-E415-44AD-9B1B-494F19579F1B.jpeg damn. I wish all fairways were this wide.
    More bullets please!!
    FB4CC7FC-CB6C-407E-8DF5-2383437D59BD.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

Funny
    I just finished chipping golf balls in the open field across the street -
    If the trucks roll in at 6am to 7am with new supplies -
    it will take another good hour to get that to the supermarket aisles
    So unless the Supermarket has night deliveries and an over nite staff
    still in place ?
    The 6am opening is USELESS !.........for the hoarded supplies.
    I've found that out, already.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

BTW
    The Senior's Shopping Hour is more like
    " Senior's Roller Derby "
    I saw a skinny grey haired guy running his cart down the aisle
    like a bob sledder - he jumped on the back and flew down the aisle !
    I couldn't get my phone to record - he was too fast -
    and yes.......it was at WALMART !

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    paper one which may be useful in the end

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey, it's spring- go outside and watch the grass grow!

• Like Like x 1
  6. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was just outside tossing peanuts in the shell to my little buddy.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  7. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Better not go to Costco. They have senior days, Tuesday and Thursday from 8 to 9 am. I went this past Tuesday. I swear there were at least 300 people waiting in line to get in. All or mostly seniors. And no, they weren't using the 6' rule. The line snaked near the entrance and then went out toward the gas station and then went around the block and turned by the makai entrance (near the Home Depot parking structure). Then kept going along the back side of Costco and almost ended up near the dole cannery parking lot entrance. So basically the line went almost all the way around the Costco building.

I was lucky, they broke up the line halfway and stopped the line from moving. Some of us that were near the entrance just walked into the store until they allowed the rest of the seniors to continue in line.

Geez, have to get up real early (6 am) to use the senior entry. Almost like getting up to go golfing or go to the gym, now I have to get up to go to the store!

But luckily our Mayor now allows (private and semi private) golf courses to remain open so at least I can get in some golf. Unfortunately it costs close to double to play the non public courses so guess I will stick to golfing once a week.

Spectrum announced that they are showing showtime and epic channels for free until the middle of April. Not that I really watch what's on those channels anyway. They are showing a Harry Potter marathon the last few days so you can keep watching until you get sick of it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So sorry Joe. None of the nurses I work with have been tested—- no one has been sick with CVD19 symptoms. I had a 24 hour stomach bug a couple of days ago.

• Love Love x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  9. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A local BBQ joint here serves BBQ brisket & egg taco on the breakfast menu. It is popular. I tried it & wasn’t a fan. Brisket by itself on a tortilla - yes— brisket and egg together on a tortilla. Nope. Not everything goes together on a tortilla. I say that realizing to many in this part of Texas that is blasphemy— really.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I have a couple of extra days off. Our census is down after cancelling all elective surgeries and another nurse can fill in for me. I’ve been working 50-60 hours a week for several months. So for me it’s kind of nice. I got sick Tuesday night at work. The tortilla soup did not sit well. I’m sure it was my fault for leaving it out for several hours- I know better. But I took last night off and they gave me tonight off.

My Omaha steak order came today on dry ice - so what did I do????

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now if I only had bubble wrap. Some of us never grow up.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  11. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

Val
    I know how Hospital politics work
    But get your co workers NOW - on protection of staff
    You work alot of hours !
    It will come eventually,.....
    Be as prepared as you can
    You are THEE BEST !
    I know it

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can only imagine the stress you must be feeling but all we can do is be prepared and to try and be careful. Many thanks to your wife -- a health care first responder -- and you as her partner.

Find what helps you destress, e.g., meditating, talking to friends while she is at work, planning your next Vegas trip, etc. etc. and try and get good rest (though I know that is much easier said that done).

• Love Love x 1
  13. gailtherese

gailtherese Upper Middle Class ?!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thinking of you guys; I can't even imagine how scary it is to be in this very unreal situation. The healthcare workers are truly our heroes; yet I find myself wondering how I would hold up in this situation. Please take care.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  15. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been working mostly remote since this thing started and not getting dressed and ready to go into the office for work, at least for me, is sometimes making me lose track of the days and time. I seem to forget if it's Monday or Thursday, when I'm done working for the day I'm not excited as I'm not going home, I already am home. I woke up the other day thinking I was late to work, it actually Saturday afternoon and I fell asleep sitting on the floor.

Does anyone else feel this way? It's definitely something new for me but I'm finding that I don't have a ton of hobbies outside of Vegas, baseball and going out with my wife, none of which we can do. Nothing really to look forward to so when a day or the week ends, I'm sort of just sitting around watching time pass. My wife does this virtual happy hour thing with friends, but I hate FaceTime as I think it's pretty asinine so I always decline to partake lol.

This weekend, for example, my wife and me quite literally sat on the curb outside our condo and people watched for an hour. While it was interesting initially, after a while we didn't see anyone outside so it was more like watching cars drive by. I think I've watched every unsolved mysteries episode Amazon prime has, I'm starting to rewatch them. Hell, I even watched 90 Day Fiancé with wife the other day...never again lol.

Not trying to sound like the beginning of an SSRI commercial but I'm trying to find something to look forward to. We've just started so I have a long way to go as I'm aware, but I feel like everyday is going slower than molasses. Part of me also feels bad complaining given the massive job losses, not to mention the virus itself (so I hope this doesn't come across as insensitive).

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I broke down, joining the craze ... just ordered a jigsaw puzzle. Yosemite.

• Like Like x 2
  17. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If anyone is interested, Turner Classic Movies has some corny baseball movies on today.

The Winning Team ,the story of Grover Cleaveland Alexander just started. With Ronald Reagan and Doris Day.

• Like Like x 1
  18. fudgewapner

fudgewapner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the golf pics! From the beginning of stay-at-home in San Diego, I've been hitting flop shots into a Home Depot bucket. My son functions as the caddie and throws them back to me from the bushes. Great way to pass the time.

As others have said, there is boredom, but a great sense of togetherness as well. Reminds me of what rural life was like just 2 generations ago, mainly talking to the same neighbors, no big travel, meals at home. Simpler, but I imagine satisfying at the same time.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well said!

RICHARD

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. flyguyfl

flyguyfl MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't find it so boring. However it is interesting that one bag of rice has 4,752 grains of rice and another has 4,803.

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.