1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Are you going to wait til Vegas is “Vegasy”?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by EastCoastVegasFan!, Mar 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    100% correct on this.

July 19th - July 24th
  2. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To the original question, I am hoping my Countdown Timer does not have to be altered!

3. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, though I'm not a health care professional, I would disagree re C-19 vs H1N1. Strongly. There's a good number of fact-based articles that talk about how much more contagious and deadly C-19 is. Indeed, Fauci just said less than a day ago that a conservative estimate -- assuming a model that has social distancing through the end of May -- that 100k to 200k lives in the US alone could be lost and 1 to 2 million if we did nothing and didn't have strong measures in place. President Trump's public statements made yesterday made clear he had those numbers in mind in extending the social distancing guidelines until late April and didn't rule out extending them beyond that though he also conveyed that he hoped he would not need to go that route.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    100% agree Flowers.
    Vegas may reopen in June. The "curve may be flattened out" by then.
    That just means that the number of diagnosed cases is not exponentially growing.
    It does not mean the virus is gone and all is safe. It will still be around and very contagious.
    My son is getting married in July and I'm trying to convince him to postpone until late fall.

Being in the medical world,I'm probably more sensitive than most.
    I also just found out one of my golf buddies is in the ICU with Covid 19 right now.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very sorry to hear about your friend @Nittany1. Prayers up for him.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. JaDubya

JaDubya High Roller? Nah...just a Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like thinking about Vegas but I’m not really itching to go back. I stayed away for 2 years but went back in December. I had a really good winning trip (ranks #4 all-time for me). You’d think my head would be close to exploding & I’d be raring to go....but I’m not feeling it. I guess I’m not as degen as I thought I was.

7. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1

Hope that your friend recovers soonest, Nittany.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't see Vegas being a trickle thing. It will open, it will get busy. Maybe not full but busy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Paul K

Paul K VIP

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not going to a buffet where I can't serve myself. I don't care what the disease du-jour is. Not living my life like a hermit, walking around in a bubble. I mean people don't even know how to properly use PPE. No one on the streets or in stores is or even reasonably could. If anything you want to let your body build up its immune system. Eat at the Circus Circus buffet a few times and I doubt anything could kill you.

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    plus another 1
    I hope your friend recovers soon @Nittany1

11. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think Vegas will get back to "normal" anytime soon, even when Vegas does open, which IMO won't happen till August. People are hurting, families are hurting, many people are dying and it will get worse. The physical, emotional, and financial ruin in this country will remain with us for many years.
    The last thing people need right now is a vacation. Wasn't it a cruise ship that started this whole thing in the US? I was in Vegas just a couple of days after 9/11, yes, the crowd was sparse, but it never closed, and it became normal soon after. It was terrorists who did that. This is different, this is world wide and it will get worse, this is a health issue.

I can't wait to get back to Vegas, been going since the late 70's, but i think many people in here are being too optimistic. You may be fine when it does open, but what about people who lost there jobs, or have lost love ones. People go to Vegas to have fun, to get away from it all for a few days, but the Vegas we know won't be the same for quite awhile.

I'm setting my sights on November during Thanksgiving week, but i might wait till Spring 2021, just playing it by ear.

And to Vegas bean counters i propose that once Vegas does open and things eventually get back to normal, that you will consider giving the doctors, nurses, first responders etc during this crisis a break financially. They are the reason Vegas will reopen. The burden that they are going through is monumental, and if they decide to do Vegas "to get away", then they deserve the ultimate reward.

• Like Like x 4
  12. wagon b0y

wagon b0y High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MLIFE is has it blacked out till may 1st now. They haven't cancelled my april 25th res yet though.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once it seems safe/ appropriate*** I'm totally OK going when slower as long as desired food options are open, as my Vegas style is slots, food, relax.

But, hubs loves live music and sports bars (no gambling) so I'd wait until it's "Vegasy" enough he can enjoy too.

*** "appropriate" as in work appropriate. If they keep me on during slower times, I wouldn't feel right about saying "BTW, I'm ready for my vacation, now that things are picking up".

I'm a contractor though. If they had me take furlough, and I felt I wasn't a risk to others and the risk seemed way down for me as well, then I wouldn't care about hitting Vegas in slower times, as long as safer times.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  14. NYNYGirl

NYNYGirl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd prefer going to Vegas when all is open and in full effect. Would hate to come all this way and some restaurant or so I have my heart set on is closed. But will definitely listen to what the experts say regarding travel.

That being said may look into more off season travel.

• Like Like x 1
  15. LVRaiders

LVRaiders Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My trips have moved more this year than any other, for reasons obvious to all. At this point, I want Vegas to be back to *normal*, however I believe it won't be the same. At the moment, my next trip will he late June, and hopefully with the summer in full swing things will be Vegasy

NFL Week 1
    • Like Like x 1
  16. HeatherC

HeatherC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm still planning on going June 14-19th unless they are still closed. If so we will postpone until September.

• Like Like x 2
  17. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have cancelled my May trip, admitted to myself that my wife and I are in the above 60 group, with some underlying conditions that we normally don't think about, and probably don't feel safe travelling 1800 miles away to an international urban area, for two weeks.

Until they come up with the vaccine, or we get the disease and live through it, we will probably stay away. About 23% of Vegas visitors are over 60 y.o. Many of the younger visitors are out of work. It's probably not going to be Vegasy in Vegas for at least a year. A lot depends on the vaccine production.

15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
    15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm optimistic it will bounce back really quickly as this nonsense drags on; meaning the moment one of the Big 3 opens their doors, people will be booking, and travelling.

I have no intention of cancelling our October trip....unless of course this drags into October...:grrr::grrr:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Crawfordesquire

Crawfordesquire High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i've worked 60-75 hours a week straight for a few months. i beg to differ,lol.
    everyone is in a different boat.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  20. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a trip booked for June 7-11. I plan on going unless the resorts are not open. If they are open I am there.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.